Toyota of the Black Hills

1920 East Mall Dr, Rapid City, South Dakota 57701 Directions

...and take advantage of all we have to offer with ourCertified Dealership Program.

125 Reviews of Toyota of the Black Hills

August 12, 2015

"horrible customer service"

- pecos

horrible customer service. I just spent 40K on a vehicle and they won't touch a customizable feature on the truck that requires an OBDII to set. Called several other dealers and they said no problem, and when I pointed this out to management they were very short and actually rude before hanging up on me. Better luck driving down to Scottsbluff. And I just talked to a friend that waited 4 hours for financing and they still didn't get it right and took two tries to get the tint correct. Avoid at all cost

Joe Blomstrom

August 03, 2015

"not happy"

- Lars

first thing we are told when looking at cars is we go over all of our used cars we check every thing. We purchase a Honda CR-V the car was great got home to find out no antenna took it back to service department tell us we have to pay $170.00 half of cost to fix it. I do not think this is right should of been told before purchase this needed fixed

Cory Fisher

July 25, 2015

"Total professionalism!"

- Cptsheri

My son n law was looking to buy a truck in about six months. He first dealt with Mark. When we came back to look at the truck again, Mark was not available. Another salesman came out and when we said we were working with Mark, he disappeared. Another salesman came out and again, we said we were working with Mark. The salesman left. A third salesman came by and it was the same story. Then Cory came over and even after we told him we were working with someone he still stayed with us and answered questions and showed us other features. He did not take the attitude that if he wasn't getting the commission he wasn't going to bother. He was very professional just because it was the right thing to do... My son in law decided to buy the truck that day instead of waiting. He asked that the commission go to Cory because he was helpful. Of course, he still split commission with Mark... But I decided I was going to buy a truck too! But only if I can buy it from Cory!

Cory Fisher

Mark Kinnick

July 10, 2015

"Justin is GREAT!"

- Jack

Justin is a great salesperson who cares about everyone. His goal is to make you happy with your purchase. He'll do almost anything to make sure his customers are happy!

Justin Carlin

July 06, 2015

"The BEST dealership and MOST honest car sales Team"

- Grateful Army Officer

I have purchased cars in 8 different states and overseas. Ms. Alexa Syverson, Mr. Mansfield, Mr. Blomstrom, and the team at Black Hills Toyota are the car sales team at the best dealership I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. True Stroy. I am in the military and I was on a change of assignment trip with my family from California to Virginia traveling through the Black Hills when our car's transmission died. It was 1600 on a Saturday along I-90 somewhere East of Rapid City. Kids screaming, it's 95 F outside, and I need to get to the East Coast. What do you do if you are in a state that stops selling cars at 1700 and no business is done on Sundays? I called other dealerships in town and the salesmen were complete jerks. I decided to call Toyota and by the grace of God, Alexa answered the phone and she understood the seriousness of the situation and the problem I was having. She worked overtime and kept the team at Toyota at the dealership until 1900, two hours past closing time to get me into a new Truck at a very fair price and trade. At no point during this time did I feel I was being taken advantage of while I was in need and vulnerable. I have never previously owned a Toyota, but now, I absolutely love the 2015 Tundra truck I am in and I will continue to sing Toyota praises for what they did for me and my family. They are a class A act all the way and I would be happy to repeat business with them, although under calmer, and more serene circumstances! My sincerest thanks to Alexa, Jerry, and Joe!!!!

Sales Team 2

Joe Blomstrom

April 13, 2015

"Overall excellent"

- Oldarmy

Decided to get a vehicle here as was the local dealer. Built and priced the vehicle online. Approached Internet Salesdepartmentwith a salesman. My wife ordered the vehicle which had to be built at the factory, Salesman stated that there was no rebates on this vehicle because it was so popular and could not keep them in stock. Checked stock listing and there were several in stock which I gathered shared stock with other dealers. Vehicle delivered on time in great shape with a reasonable not great price. Overall good

Other Employees : Not listed
January 30, 2015

"Excellent!"

- gretaleeguerdet

My husband and I have been on a vehicle search for the last couple of weeks. We have met several sales associates at different dealerships. Jon, by far, was the most informative and personable associate we encountered. He was patient during our decision making and didn't make us feel rushed or that we were inconveniencing him in any way. He led us through not only the car search itself but also followed us through to the very end sale. Several times he called your dealership "family" and both my husband and I feel that we have definitely been welcomed into that family. Thank you, Jon, for a job well done!!!

Darin Rittenour

September 28, 2014

"Very good experience."

- jecusaccount

Justin was patient and assisted myself and my son and his wife that also wanted to look at cars. When they decided not to go further with a sale he was still pleasant and offered assistance in the future if they decided to get a car. He did help me find a car that I wanted, and aided in the sale with out high pressure, but assistive. Very good salesman. JC

Mark Kinnick

Justin Carlin

September 13, 2014

"B A D"

- samos

salesman got me into a used car right away,which was great. THEN-they said they would replace the windshield as it was cracked, kept my car a whole WEEK just to replace a windshield!? Also told them when i pushed on my brakes the front of the car vibrated-even the steering wheel. Asked them to check the rotors. They said they did, said they could tell they had gotten hot at one time but nothing to worry about they would last another year and a half before I would have to do anything. I was nervous about driving my car on a trip the way it handled. Took it to another auto repair service, had it looked at, the rotors and brake pads were shot. My son is a mechanic and seen what they looked like,(had the repair man show us), had my car fixed and now it drives great. How awful for someone to do that to an older woman driver. What if something would of happened.? Will never take anything to Toyota to get fixed!!!

Ladd Poitra

August 07, 2014

"Love the quality of service"

- nshellschmidt

I would like to express my gratitude for the excellent service I have received Saturday morning from the Bobby Willert. I was really, really impressed with the level of customer he had provided. You’ve made me a loyal customer and I will certainly recommend you to others.

Hillary Bordner