Universal Toyota

Universal Toyota Info

Douglas Fung
9/30/2016

"The Best"

I visited three other Dealers. Jeep. Kia. Chevy. They very aggressive and pushy. However...I went into Universal Toyota . They were extremely polite. They had class, eloquence. I took out a Corolla and a Camry for a test drive. I wasn't planning on buying. This young gentlemen by the name of Ryan Lopez assisted me. He was very informative,knew the models... Very professional and pleasant to work with. I traded in my truck and drove out happy with a new Toyota You won't be sorry. The manager Luis Quionnes, and finance manager Mark Trevino are unparallel and a great team. All together my experience was wasy above par. Two thumbs up.

Ryan Lopez

Anonymous
9/16/2016

"One of the worst experiences... EVER."

I am writing this to express my complete and utter frustration with the experience I've had here. This place has been a nightmare and I absolutely REGRET ever purchasing anything from this location. I have had to make SEVERAL (~8-10) trips to Universal Toyota, and it seems I will have to make even more trips since I purchased my vehicles there in the span of 4 months time. None of it was for services to my vehicles. I live roughly 30-35 miles away so it has been a HUGE inconvenience for both me, and my wife. We have better things to do than to constantly drive back and forth to your dealership because of your errors. First of, I was apparently given the wrong license plates for my Honda by you. Seems that they switched the license plates that I’ve had on my vehicle with another vehicle, and I had to return them IMMEDIATELY. Mind you, I had been driving around in that vehicle for over 3 months time at that point. Imagine that… it took them 3 months to realize they had given me the wrong plates. This was only because the other customer complained about it when he noticed the error. I had an argument with a Bobby Garza at Universal Toyota because of this. Bobby told me to bring the plates back so he can return the wrong plates because the customer needed them as soon as possible. Why? Was my “correct” plates ready for me? Did that other driver already "immediately" returned HIS incorrect plates? No. What was the rush then? Was this other customer so much more important than me that I HAD to return the plates immediately? Did he spend more money there than I had? Was that the reason? No reason was given. I just HAD to return the plates immediately. My argument with Bobby Garza escalated because apparently I was wasting his time, and because he believed that I was only looking for something for free. I mean… excuse me for wasting HIS time, and for not cooperating as I should because of your error here. I finally agreed to return the plates because Bobby agreed to top off my gas tank to compensate me. He lied. I drove off MAD. A few days later, I received another phone call. I was informed the plates I returned, and was demanded by, by Bobby Garza was the incorrect. So NOW… I had to return the plates on my wife’s car. Imagine the frustration growing even more. ANOTHER trip to have this corrected. I had to wait an additional month before I even got my original plates back for my Honda because what's a month when you were given a temporary plate that lasts only 10 days. Additionally, we never received the spare key made for the Prius we bought (~4 months now), per Bobby Garza. Why? Probably because you bunch at Universal Toyota do not care in the slightest for your customers at all. It took over 3 months just to get the spare key for my pre-owned Honda. Robbie Vasquez was our salesperson, but he was the least helpful guy once you signed off on the vehicles. You never could seem to reach him. Texting, calling, emailing… nothing got through. I finally got my spare for my Honda after 3 months of waiting. He had promised to have it mailed out multiple times, and each time broke that promise. I asked him to mail out that spare key prior to us coming in again, and he stated he would not because we were going to be there again anyway. Rude, right? Should I be surprised anymore at this point at how bad Universal Toyota’s customer service is? I shouldn’t, but I keep getting surprised at how bad they are each time I am mistreated. I even spoke with a “Shauna Sewinkski(?)”, another high ranking individual there at that location, and was promised to compensation for all the trips in the form of a gas card. Guess what? No gas card. Lied to AGAIN. Voicemails and messages go un-responded, and emails are returned because the email address I was given was incorrect. You guys were rated highly. That was the reason why we made the initial trip out there, and bought 2 vehicles from you there at Universal Toyota. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the service and the lack of care that I have received from you all. At this point, I just want all of this to be over. Unfortunately, that is not the case because there is ANOTHER trip we have to make in the near future to correct being talked to the Supreme Maintenance plan because it will cover “ALL MAINTENANCE at ANY LOCATION owned by Red McCombs including oil changes”. Another LIE. You lot are DESPICABLE, and should be ashamed at how you treat people. I want the spare key to our Prius, I want the gas card I was promised, and I want NOTHING more to do with our salesperson, Robbie Vasquez, Bobby Garza, or this “Shauna Sewinkski(?)”. Your salespeople there seemed like they are only in it for the sales, and that was it. Once we signed the papers, and are now the owners, they're done with you EVERYONE NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!

obbie Vasquez, Bobby Garza, Shauna Sewinkski(?)

Like Toyota
8/29/2016

"Last Time"

My wife and me have bought 3 vehicles from Universal Toyota over the last several years and we have been very happy with them until we bought the last one. My wife traded in her “old” Toyota with personalized license plates and was in the understanding, that Universal Toyota would order the personalized license plate as she had on the old vehicle. Today (One month after purchase), after talking with them several times by phone, text and e mail I was told, that it was probably easier if we would go to the tax office and do it ourselves. They were passing us during that time from one person to the other. We are frustrated and not happy with them at all and will go to a different Toyota Dealership in the future. Frank Witting

Tyler Dexter

Wild Wild West
7/24/2016

"It was Excellent, Outstanding and Exceptional Service "

Thank you! You won't believe what a blessing it was to receive the phone call from Paul Garcia on Friday morning. We had made a deal with another dealership. After driving in from Midland TX, we find out they didn't disclose information until we were in Austin to pick up the truck and the deal fell through. Though we were skeptical to drive another hour and half to Universal Toyota, Paul certainly made it worth our while. Paul's partner Gregg Joseph took us for a test drive and explained the features of the Toyota truck while Paul had our trade in appraised. We loved Mark Hanna the finance guy too. He was funny and engaging while he explained the financing and optional services. Thank you for taking care of us and giving us the best buying experience in 30 years! We love our new Toyota Tundra.

Paul Garcia, Gregg Joseph, Mark Hanna

Kate Gonzalez
7/13/2016

"My experience with Universal Toyota"

I never thought I would say, "I adore my car salesman", but there I go. I am 72 years old, my 2002 Toyota Camry was totaled in the April '16 hair storm, and the thought of having to buy a new car was stressful. Early one Friday morning my daughter and I went to Universal Toyota to look at a car my daughter thought was a good deal. We were both disappointed and ready to leave, but Gabriel Aguilar was determined to help me find a car. He was very polite and helpful; not at all aggressive and in my face. Spent around five hours showing us different vehicles; asking questions of me to determine exactly what I wanted. I found the car I wanted at a good price. Kate

Gabriel Aguilar, Isaac Bolch

Maria Lanford
7/12/2016

"Awesome experience!"

We just bought a Toyota Tundra 2016 this June. Aaron was our sales person. Aaron Perches is really knowledgeable and funny. He was excellent in handling our purchase. He was able to find the perfect vehicle to suit both our needs and wants. He worked extremely hard to exceed our requests when negotiating our asked price with both, the financial department and manager. We had an excellent experience due to his ability to honor all our requests. We would definitely recommend Aaron as your sales person.

Aaron Perches

MSimms
5/29/2016

"Very bad experience "

I went to the dealership to buy a Camry. I was told Camrys were not made in crushed blue. The next day I literally found out the salesman lied. Contacted management I was told, basically out of luck. But all things are at their discretion. If they wanted to help me they could have. They owned by Red McCombs they don't offer an HEB discount. Not a happy customer. Never again! Disgruntled customer.

Ajvega@redmac.net

Kathleen Arambul
5/28/2016

"Terrible buying experience "

Worst experience ever....I have been buying cars for over 25 years and have never had this bad of an experience...we bought a used vehicle from them and they never called our bank to get a payoff on our trade in and so several weeks later our bank calls and and notifies us payoff is short over 350.00 and that Universal Toyota said we would have to pay it..that's crazy!!! They should have done there job and called our bank and got a 20 day payoff instead of just basically guessing what it was...because of their inadequacies we had to pay the shortage and also had to make a payment on our new vehicle. We address management on numerous occasions by phone and email and no one would contact us back. We also never received a second key to the vehicle ...they always make promises until you buy then afterwards you can never get a hold of anyone. This dealership is so unprofessional...I will never buy or recommend them to anyone!!!

Mario Rendon and Trevor in finance.

plumberboy2
4/06/2016

"Trusting your service Department"

Do not trust Service Department. Went in for my 20,000 mile oil change and was told everything was good to go. Then on my 30,000 Mile oil change I went over to San Marcos Toyota and they told me they could not get my oil plug off. I told them that I got it serviced at Universal Toyota, so they suggested I go back and have it serviced by them and then to have it rechecked by San Marcos Toyota. So, I did just that. Went to the service department and told them about the over tightened oil plug and they assured me that they would get to the bottom of the problem. They came back saying that all was well and there was no problems the plug. So, I went back to San Marcos to have them look it back over at the work that Universal Toyota had done and found out that they totally cross threaded the plug and that they had to take it completely out with a wrench, it completely ruined the oil pan. Metal shavings were found in the oil and on the plug. I called Universal Toyota up and they told me to drive it back so they could fix the problem even though they created the problem. I don't want to make it more worse that it already is. Who knows it the metal shavings caused any problems when I drove it over to San Marcos Toyota or even if there was metal shavings in the oil before this oil change. I will never step foot back into Universal Toyota again. I don't want to keep going back to have a $25,000 investment for reliable transportation ruined by service people who don't care in the first place to do the job correctly.

Rick

plumberboy2 responded to this review

April 07, 2016

Got a phone call from the service director at universal toyota today. They informed me that in order for the oil pan to be replaced by San Marcos Toyota, I would have to take down all the bad comments I made against Universal Toyota. Since I am unable to take this review down. I would like to instead write that "Please make sure you check the work of Universal Toyota before you drive it home." Not all service technicians are alike. I may have gotten a rotten one. But in my defense, I do not like to be taken advantage of. Thus this review. Take it for what it is worth. Universal Toyota has stated that they would replace the oil pan at the San Marcos dealer since it was their mistake at the job that was competed. Lets see if they will follow thru with their word. Will keep everyone updated. Kind regards. Plumberboy2

Diana7777
1/12/2016

"A great experience"

I took my car to get the oil changed and had the good fortune of driving off with a 2015 Toyota Prius. My Salesman was Hector Roman under the auspices of Adam Soto. Universal Toyota has Great people working in a family atmosphere. I was so excited about my experience that the following day my son bought a 2016 Toyota as well...his salesman was Issac Galvan. So if your shopping around in need of a vehicle...don't waste your time...go see the people at Universal Toyota....If you want the best..you need to deal with the best! Diana M Gonzales

Hector Roman, Adam Soto