Volvo-Suzuki of Memphis

Volvo-Suzuki of Memphis
Volvo-Suzuki of Memphis Info

laurenzo.jeffrey
8/08/2011

"Took a 2000 Volvo S80 T-6 in for repair. Car had bad..."

Took a 2000 Volvo S80 T-6 in for repair. Car had bad idle, brake booster not working, cruise control disabled, stalling out occasionally, poor acceleration, ect. A few hours later my wife received a phone call informing her that there were an estimated 5,000 dollars or more in repairs. The list was as follows: Flame Box Replacement: $982 Throttle Module: $1051 Coil Packs And Plugs: $861 Mass Air Flow Sensor: $433 Boost Pressure Sensors: $363 Turbo Pipes: $395 Brake Booster: $109 When my wife informed me, I was skeptical being as I had already replaced the mass air flow sensor (with the exact same Bosh part). So, when I returned to Volvo Of Memphis I asked the mechanic to explain the problems, which he agreed in a bit of a perturbed fashion. I thanked him and paid their $120 diagnostic fee. After a bit of easy deliberation I narrowed my list down to a few most likely possibilities, the Throttle Module being the priority of them all. I did one google search and BAM! A mass of complaints of Volvo electronic throttle modules. I even found out that Volvo has several lawsuits against them for the matter, and the part had been recalled. So its not a new issue with them I'm guessing. Unfortunately, my particular S80 had already been taken in for the recall by a prior owner. In my search I also found out how to clean the module. So with a little help from You Tube and a can of carburetor cleaner, the Volvo is running well and I'm not out 5,000. My point of this whole review is it seems impossible that this dealership would not know of this sort of problem. Especially one that had this much effect on their products reputation. Were they trying to rip me off, or are they really that lazy to figure out a problem. I'll let you be the judge of that.

unknown

saleks
6/15/2007

"I service my 05 V50 with Pat Patterson Volvo and they..."

I service my 05 V50 with Pat Patterson Volvo and they provide great service. I am very knowledgeable about cars and their service department employees always give me a very good explanations for everything they do. The only thing is that they are always so busy that it is best to bring the car in early morning or leave it overnight - little chance to get service done same day if you bring car in the afternoon. We did not buy the car here as we just moved to Memphis. So I am not sure how good the sales department is. However if their service is so busy, they must be selling well because there is no other Volvo dealer in 150 miles range.