Volvo of Stamford

Glen Cove Volvo

victoriak003
10/31/2015

"Go Somewhere Else"

Do not take your car here. I took my car this week for a 97,500K service and after spending $1,200 on major repairs they didn't even fill my washer fluid. But they sure charged me for it!! When I called to ask they they said I must have hit a curb and broke something. I currently have my car in a real shop repairing the work they did and making sure my car is actually safe. I asked for some of my money back but they refused. So disappointing and now very broke!

Service Department

Doug - Westport
10/22/2015

"Don't Trust Certified Pre Owned"

Bought a wagon with 27k miles. "Certified Pre Owned" blah blah. Paid extra. Well brakes needed replacement @ 29k. When pointed out to manager, basically said was drivers braking habits. Right. Don't trust them and don't buy here.

Jameson Rilley

Tim kraus
10/15/2015

"Check engine light comes on ,"

Have had multiple problems with check engine lamp coming on . Brought vehicle in on emergency basis even though car was purchased at another dealer ! Spoke with Ed in service dept. and said he could take a look at it . Mind you it was mid afternoon on a Wednesday and was taken in shop right away ? They checked the codes and informed me of the diagnostic charge which I completely understood . They asked intersting questions as to how long the car had been sitting and when it had last had new gas ? They found acorn nuts on top of the engine which I knew were there as I looked under the hood when it started acting up ! They gave a couple of options that may be the problem ? However they needed a starting point so we started with a gas cap as this is a common problem . Told to drive and get some new fresh gas and drive about 100 miles to see if light comes back on ? Light came back on about 300 miles later about six weeks later ? They hooked it up and said same codes came up . A faulty throttle body . This can be very expensive to replace! They can also try cleaning it for a nominal charge ! However no guarantee on cleaning . Cleared codes at no cost and recommended to drive car more often ! Informed that the ethinol put in gas these days is a killer to throttle body's . On another note paid $600.00 to replace carburator on home rider mower for same bad gas U.S. Government has imposed for cleaner emissions ! Put some tachron gas additive through two tank fills and light has not come on yet ! Knock Wood ! Could not be more pleased with service dept. . Both Ed and Paul have been very helpful and are now my go to guys for even a simple oil change . Would recommend for serving any repairs . As my mother and father would say " You get what you pay for " cost may be a few bucks but satisfaction is priceless! ,

Ed and Paul in service dept.

baduch
11/19/2014

"honest but pricey"

brought my volvo xc 90 in for an oil change. they ended up doing a complete diagnostic on it and recomended the things that i should consider having fixed. they gave me no pressure what so ever. i was able to talk to them about what items i should replace and what items i can put off. i have dealt with many mechanics and trully feel these guys are honest.

service department

Kathymcq
5/07/2014

"Outstanding Dealership"

My overall experience with Volvo of Stamford was excellent. The customer service is outstanding. From start to finish, my experience was one of extreme professionalism, courtesy and knowledge. Desiree Powers provided me with a friendly, very knowledgeable and non-pressured experience. Jameson was also extremely professional and courteous. They were both willing to work with me to find the perfect Volvo for my needs. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking for a seamless and cooperative sales and service experience. I will definitely use Volvo of Stamford going forward.

Desiree Powers & Jameson Reilly

dandonegan
3/25/2014

"I can't say enough good things about my experience in..."

I can't say enough good things about my experience in working with this dealership and the Riley family. Due to an accident which totaled our car, we found ourselves needing a car that we hadn't planned for, and they couldn't have been better to work with! Not only were they friendly and knowledgable, their price was the best too. One of the frustrations we experienced in our car search, was many Volvo dealers locally didn't have the CPO warranty included in the price they were advertising, so then once you start talking to them the price increases by thousands of dollars. With Volvo of Stamford, there were no games or surprises. Furthermore, their service department has been equally great to work with on our other Volvo. Having purchased our other Volvo from a different dealership, who then refused to work with us when we started experiencing issues within the first month of owning the car, I will only deal with Volvo of Stamford going forward! Even something as small as having a headlight bulb swapped out, which I've had other dealers charge for, they were happy to help with.

Andrew Riley

Angry at Reily
5/07/2012

"DON'T USE Reily! I dropped my car off for service and..."

DON'T USE Reily! I dropped my car off for service and when I picked it up they had DENTED and SCRATCHED it along the driver's side door. I asked ths service manager what happened and he said, 'I can't help you sir, you take this risk when you leave us your car.' I told him I was going to call the police and he said well I guess that's what you'll have to do. These guys refused to help me and then the service manager tried to negotiate with me! Fix my car I said! I was a loyal customer - bought a Volvo and rent a Mazda from the Reily family and they don't care. MY ADVICE save yourself trouble and use one of the other dealers. That's what I plan to do. Customer Service?? I've never been treated so poorly in my life. I actually had a police officer come by the dealership and the manager still would not help me. I plan to keep telling this story because I don't want anyone else to experience this issue. No affiliation at all I promise, but I own a Ford also - SOOOO much BETTER at Stamford Ford. You are treated with respect and appreciation. My new plan get a Lincoln - its American!

Service Manager, Floor Manager on a Saturday

lstaiger16
11/08/2011

"Stamford Volvo is a wonderful dealership to work with. ..."

Stamford Volvo is a wonderful dealership to work with. This is my second time purchasing a Volvo and again Stamford Volvo made the experience great! Kevin McGrath went out of his way to make the deal happen. I recommend going to Kevin at Stamford Volvo if you want an automobile and no frustration.

Kevin McGrath

bmutlu
11/07/2011

"This dealership has fabulous service. Their drivers..."

This dealership has fabulous service. Their drivers always give me a ride to and from my work timely to drop off/pick up my car and are always courteous. Their service advisors are wonderful! Good group of honest people to service my car with, they always remember me and are so polite. They are always detailed and give me excellent service. They always go the extra mile! I am on my third volvo and I wouldn't service it anywhere else.

Paul and Louis

dej554
7/25/2011

"Jameson and the people at Stamford Volvo personally..."

Jameson and the people at Stamford Volvo personally helped me with both buying and servicing my new car. I have never met a car dealer who is so committed to customers service and doing the right thing. I love the fact that when i was due for my first oil change and service ( 7500 miles) it was included and on top of that... i dropped it off, they dropped me off at work and picked me up when my car was ready...so great!

Jameson, Paul, Nice Service lady