Volvo of Stamford

Volvo of Stamford Info

Smythe Volvo

Prestige Volvo

"Outstanding Dealership"

My overall experience with Volvo of Stamford was excellent. The customer service is outstanding. From start to finish, my experience was one of extreme professionalism, courtesy and knowledge. Desiree Powers provided me with a friendly, very knowledgeable and non-pressured experience. Jameson was also extremely professional and courteous. They were both willing to work with me to find the perfect Volvo for my needs. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking for a seamless and cooperative sales and service experience. I will definitely use Volvo of Stamford going forward.

Desiree Powers & Jameson Reilly

"I can't say enough good things about my experience in..."

I can't say enough good things about my experience in working with this dealership and the Riley family. Due to an accident which totaled our car, we found ourselves needing a car that we hadn't planned for, and they couldn't have been better to work with! Not only were they friendly and knowledgable, their price was the best too. One of the frustrations we experienced in our car search, was many Volvo dealers locally didn't have the CPO warranty included in the price they were advertising, so then once you start talking to them the price increases by thousands of dollars. With Volvo of Stamford, there were no games or surprises. Furthermore, their service department has been equally great to work with on our other Volvo. Having purchased our other Volvo from a different dealership, who then refused to work with us when we started experiencing issues within the first month of owning the car, I will only deal with Volvo of Stamford going forward! Even something as small as having a headlight bulb swapped out, which I've had other dealers charge for, they were happy to help with.

Andrew Riley

"DON'T USE Reily! I dropped my car off for service and..."

DON'T USE Reily! I dropped my car off for service and when I picked it up they had DENTED and SCRATCHED it along the driver's side door. I asked ths service manager what happened and he said, 'I can't help you sir, you take this risk when you leave us your car.' I told him I was going to call the police and he said well I guess that's what you'll have to do. These guys refused to help me and then the service manager tried to negotiate with me! Fix my car I said! I was a loyal customer - bought a Volvo and rent a Mazda from the Reily family and they don't care. MY ADVICE save yourself trouble and use one of the other dealers. That's what I plan to do. Customer Service?? I've never been treated so poorly in my life. I actually had a police officer come by the dealership and the manager still would not help me. I plan to keep telling this story because I don't want anyone else to experience this issue. No affiliation at all I promise, but I own a Ford also - SOOOO much BETTER at Stamford Ford. You are treated with respect and appreciation. My new plan get a Lincoln - its American!

Service Manager, Floor Manager on a Saturday

"Stamford Volvo is a wonderful dealership to work with. ..."

Stamford Volvo is a wonderful dealership to work with. This is my second time purchasing a Volvo and again Stamford Volvo made the experience great! Kevin McGrath went out of his way to make the deal happen. I recommend going to Kevin at Stamford Volvo if you want an automobile and no frustration.

Kevin McGrath

"This dealership has fabulous service. Their drivers..."

This dealership has fabulous service. Their drivers always give me a ride to and from my work timely to drop off/pick up my car and are always courteous. Their service advisors are wonderful! Good group of honest people to service my car with, they always remember me and are so polite. They are always detailed and give me excellent service. They always go the extra mile! I am on my third volvo and I wouldn't service it anywhere else.

Paul and Louis

"Jameson and the people at Stamford Volvo personally..."

Jameson and the people at Stamford Volvo personally helped me with both buying and servicing my new car. I have never met a car dealer who is so committed to customers service and doing the right thing. I love the fact that when i was due for my first oil change and service ( 7500 miles) it was included and on top of that... i dropped it off, they dropped me off at work and picked me up when my car was ready...so great!

Jameson, Paul, Nice Service lady

"Classy service department; I have waited for my car to be..."

Classy service department; I have waited for my car to be serviced and trained it back and forth to home and both cases dealer has been attentive; no problems with service performed and they have been meticulous about responding to the minor problems I've had with the car.

Service Technician

"Car was purchased elsewhere, we recently moved to..."

Car was purchased elsewhere, we recently moved to Stamford. The repairs were done on time and within the estimate. They even covered a portion of the repairs under warranty (I thought it had expired). Very good experience. Service people were very helpful.

PAUL

"Took my Wife Volvo to Stamford volvo for some repairs..."

Took my Wife Volvo to Stamford volvo for some repairs because the car was making some strange noise when you turn either left or right. The service advisor try to duplicate the problem, which he did.He suggested to me that it will cost $1500 to fix the problem I said ok, it took them about 45 minutes to fix the problem. On my way home the same thing happen again, this is when i realized I was in for it. I kindly called my service advisor,who told me bring it back and they will take care of the issue. Only to tell me that they misdiagnosed the problem and now It will Cost $2800 to fix the issue I kindly asked him if that price would include a credit for the previous $1500 I have already spent. My Service advisor replied not really because the car needed it. I Screamed and I asked him to give me my car back and worked away.....If you are thinking about taking your Volvo to Volvo of Stamford for Repair think again. They are thieves who's only after your hard earned money, and they could careless about fixing your car..Go to the Volvo of Westport At least they fix the problem when taking your money and their sales advisors are very helpful and kind....

Edward Audino

"What can I say about Volvo of Stamford? When I started to..."

What can I say about Volvo of Stamford? When I started to look for a new car, I was expecting to deal with the nonstop barrage of phone calls from dealers desperate to sell me a car. And I got those, from other car makers. I didn't get that from Stamford Volvo. In fact, I didn't get anything. No calls. Buying a car from here was like pulling teeth, except I didn't even get the catchy elevator music from the dentist. Every time I called, I was told "I have to run downstairs, I will call you back in 5 minutes." 5 minutes apparently means 4 hours, or never. And "I will call you first thing to let you know" means "I will wait for mid-day for you to call me because I will not call". I had to call the sales manager 3 times to complain about the lack of responsiveness from the salesperson I dealt with. Each time he was very kind and assured me that buying a car should not be an unpleasant experience (really?) but then rather than help me himself or switch me to a new salesperson, I would get a call from my original salesperson, who would assure me that I wasn't forgotten and would call me back in just a moment. I should have gone to a different dealer weeks ago, but felt I was too far along in the process to start over (seeing as how I knew exactly what I wanted and only needed to find it in the inventory). I finally closed the deal on a Thursday, but the car had to be shipped up from Delaware. Seeing as how it's SUCH a long drive (under 200 miles) it takes a week to send it up. Had I not already decided to buy a Volvo, I would have definitely gone elsewhere based on the poor treatment from the sales department.