Walker's Renton Mazda

Used Sales

August 20, 2016

"customer review"

- boocelia

Everyone in renton dealer mazda was super helpful. The salesman and manager showed me around the whole car such as features and software. they occered a faor deal at last!

August 05, 2016

"Mostly good"

- nicolaz

I liked the service and smoothness of the process from both Peter and Roman. That I absolutely recommend. I'm not giving 5 stars because I did not like the buy-extra-warranty stuff in the office at the end of the conversation (though I understand that it was the sales-person's job). One 'no' should be enough...

June 24, 2016

"Terrible Customer Service"

- ESykes

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. We’ll start there. My sister recently went to purchase a Mazda3 from Walker’s Renton Mazda. I am a current Mazda3 owner and when my sister began her search for a car, Mazda immediately caught her eye due to my experience with my car. We’ll state over and over again that we love the car, but do not recommend Walker’s Renton Mazda to purchase your car. During the process, my sister was told about numerous discounts based on her recent graduation status, living with a mazda owner (me), and financing options. These changed and some were ultimately unable to be given because they did not exist. It seemed to be a way to get a buyer interested and invested and then there was no follow-through. In addition to deals and discounts not being consistent, the customer service while there was abysmal. We were at the dealership for over 5 hours. As a mazda owner and having purchased my car at Walker’s Renton Mazda years ago, I was promised car washes for life at the dealership. So I promptly asked for one when we arrived. I made sure to ask early as it was a weekend and I knew they were busy. You would think, over a 5 hour period they could get me a car wash. It was not until the third hour, where I had to dangle my keys in front of a salesperson (Ken), that they took my keys to (what I thought) get my car washed. Ken walked away with my keys and I saw him unlock my car and open the passenger side door on my car. I promptly went out to see what he was doing to find him digging through my glove compartment. When I asked what he was doing he explained he was searching for my title to confirm that my sister and I lived at the same address so that she could get the loyalty customer cash. This appalled me, as this is my personal property, and he gave me no warning that he was going to do this when I handed him my keys. When I handed him my keys it was to get my car washed not to have a Mazda employee dig through my personal property without permission. Eventually my sister was ready to sign her deal and pay for the car. During this process of trying to sell her additional warranties was she ever asked to pay for the car. In fact, after hands were shook and keys were handed to her, it was only our father that asked if she had actually paid for the car. We then had to go back to a Mazda employee and ask if they wanted payment for the car! She paid for the car and thankfully, we finally drove off. Me, without a car wash that I had waited over 5 hours for. Also, waters were continually offered over this 5 hour period, and no water was ever provided. In fact, at the end they had said they ran out of water. There was a watering fountain, and I imagine glasses or paper cups somewhere. But alas, no water. A few days later, my sister was being contacted frequently to have me confirm that my address on my title had been changed to my current address (I recently moved). This was beginning to become less and less worth it for the $500 loyalty cash. They told her they could not process the title until they could confirm this information (even though they already cashed her check). I can tell you, what they made us go through made us no longer loyal customers. My sister was then told she had to come back into Walker’s Renton Mazda to verify that her address was the same as mine. Why not ask for all of this at the dealership at the time of purchase? An unanswered question from Mazda. She promptly made the trip all the way back to Walker’s Renton Mazda to prove her residence and sign new paperwork and just get this over with. She arrived and realized that the address on the new contract was not even the correct one (the one they had been verifying for the past week!), and they had to draft up new paperwork. In addition to this error, my sister noticed that the price on the new contract was different than what she paid the day she purchased the car. It was a $35 difference. She mentions this to a Mazda employee and they thanked her for pointing that out and asked her to pay an additional $35 and told her if she hadn’t seen this she would have had to come in another time to make the payment. Customer service fail. Why is this the buyer's fault? This is the obligation of the dealership to make sure your numbers match. This should have been offered to be paid for by the dealership for their own mistake. In the beginning, my sister was looking forward to owning a Mazda and using Walker’s Renton to purchase. However, due to the lack of good customer service and no follow-through on deals and discounts offered it has left her feeling disrespected and disappointed. It is now, what we hope to be over. No longer do we plan to nor ever want to buy a car with Walker’s Renton Mazda and we hope you take this as a warning to go to the other nearby Mazda dealerships, where I would be surprised if you got worse customer service.

New 2017 Subaru Legacy, $28816