West Broad Honda

Average

West Broad Honda

Call
West Broad Honda Info

"Bad Customer Service Before I Walked Through The Door"

I got an internet quote from West Broad as I was shopping for a new Honda. After a couple of exchanges, I had asked for the Out The Door Price. When I e-mailed back to say it still to high and asked about whether they charged both a destination fee and freight charge. Here is verbatim the response I received "All of our quotes include freight,you are not being charged twice....if this is more than you are willing to pay you do not need a break down,what do you think is a fair price for the car" It's to up to you but as consumer I make it rule never to do business with anyone who can't explain what I am paying for and tells me what I do and do not need, particularly when it comes to a break down of the price they are offering. I ended up getting a much better deal at a much better place anyway.

Tim Higgins

"I don’t understand the negative reviews that have been..."

I don’t understand the negative reviews that have been afforded to this dealership, at least on the sales side of the house. I have closed two car deals with Tim Cartwright and both times he has been extremely knowledgeable, ethical and a joy to work with. Both times, credit was not an issue. I knew what car I wanted, what I wanted to pay (both times lower than West Broad Honda had in mind) and Tim was able to justify to his management where I was coming from (I presented research) and close the deal very quickly. Finance managers easy to work with and make an effort to beat even Honda’s financing to save you money. The entire process was sub-2 hours and I was on the road. The service side of the house needs work, but I feel that they are making improvements.

Tim Cartwright

"I purchased my Lexus from them and was given the free..."

I purchased my Lexus from them and was given the free inspection for life. I hated bringing it there because of past experience there. But my garage close to home was too busy. I waited over an hour and when Scott came in he told me the front right wheel bearing was bad and the inspection had failed. (While I was waiting I noticed him talking to others and always saying there was something wrong that needed fixing which might be the case but not one time did he say everything is ok) He proceeded to tell me that since it was a lexus it needed to be sent out somewhere and was telling me the cost when I said" no problem my husband will do it" He then got very weird acting and said that the car couldn't be driven and he was sending something to the state police. I am from NY and have never had this happen. I went and ordered the part and had to return the next day to auto zone to get it. While there the men asked me a bunch of questions which I responded no. They said that the ball joint was fine. I bought it anyway. When my husband had the time later that week to fix it he said there was nothing wrong with the old one. He put the new one in anyway and is sending the old one to the manufacturer to confirm it is ok. I later took the car back and it passed the inspection. While again waiting Scott proceeded to tell a woman she had major issues that needed addressing. This place is ripping customers off daily and I am disgusted that people are being abused like this. I noticed everyone of them is a woman also.

Scott

"My experience with Tim Cartwright at West Broad Honda was..."

My experience with Tim Cartwright at West Broad Honda was awesome. I should start by saying that if a dealer offers an “e-price” I have every expectation that they are willing to do business electronically and expect them to be competitive when it comes time to negotiate. Also, I don’t expect them to be shocked when I say I am coming from several hours away and that I've been aggressively price shopping or that I can’t just walk-in now to take a test drive. That being said, unlike many internet sales specialists and managers with whom I dealt (and there were a lot), Tim did everything right. When I provided him with the best offer I had received on a 2013 Honda Crosstour he promptly came back and let me know if he could meet or beat that offer and what he had in stock. Knowing that I was from out of town, he didn’t try to convince me that free oil changes or other dealership perks made it a better deal (I had a dealer from NJ argue that lifetime oil changes made their offer a better deal even though I live in Virginia – huh?). The most important thing, however, was that he was gracious and straightforward throughout the entire process. He read my emails and understood what I was looking for, he put things in writing, he did not badmouth other dealerships or the deals they were offering, and did not pressure me by calling constantly or sending email after email after email. I highly recommend Tim and West Broad Honda - if you live in the Hampton Roads area, it is worth the very short trip Richmond. Tim provided a painless internet shopping experience AND integrity, you just can’t beat that...

Tim Cartwright

"Recently had my vehicle serviced at West Broad Honda...."

Recently had my vehicle serviced at West Broad Honda. Great experience, friendly staff and quick service. They did exacly what I asked them to do (oil change and state inspection). I waited in a nice waiting area. I would jighly recommend this dealership for service.

Matt

"Russ did an outstanding job on making sure I went home..."

Russ did an outstanding job on making sure I went home with the right car. I am a first time buyer, and he made my experience pleasing.

Russell Morris

"I had a problem in my brake. This dealer changed front..."

I had a problem in my brake. This dealer changed front brake pad that was absolutely not needed and charged me $185.00 + taxes.The actual problem was with master drum cylinder of brake and later they told me about this. And charges for this is around $375.00+taxes. I didn't go for master brake drum change because this dealer was just cheating. I took my car and visited local Mechanics. I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT TO VISIT THIS DEALER.

Not sure

"I thought my sales guy, Bob, was OK. He seemed to be..."

I thought my sales guy, Bob, was OK. He seemed to be interested in finding me a car that was a good match for what I needed. Unfortunately, when price negotiations began, Sean offered me a price and then when I accepted it, Diego stepped in and said they would not honor it. It was a very bad experience and a complete waste of my time. There are too many places to buy a car to bother spending time with those yahoos.

Diego & Sean Used Car Sales managers and Bob

"I dropped my Honda Civic off for an oil change and to..."

I dropped my Honda Civic off for an oil change and to check my lighter plug on the consol... I was called and told it needed an alignment, I said OK. When I picked up the car the oil change was done, the lighter plug was fixed, a fuse that cost me $59.99 and $4.79 for th fuse.....they had changed the transimssion fluid and the cabin air filter without telling me. I have sent a email to theservice manage about this but have had no response. Go elsewhere for service........

Ukn

"John was great to work with from day one!! My husband..."

John was great to work with from day one!! My husband and I started looking for the perfect family vehicle a while ago but we weren't set on anything until we saw the new 2012 CR-V. I was set on buying one because it was everything that we needed in a vehicle, from the size to the fuel efficiency. When I finally decided on the exterior color that I wanted it wasn't hard to find, but it was hard to find the exterior color with the right interior color that I wanted. We looked around online at several Honda dealerships for the exact car that I wanted. I finally found one at West Broad Honda in Richmond and I was not going to let it go. I emailed for a quick quote online and John emailed back within an hour. He was so pleasant to work with. I absolutely loved that he was direct and to the point with his sales quote. My husband and I were very impressed that he didn't beat around the bush about anything. Just in a few conversations online and a couple phone calls later with John he was able to tell us what our interest rate would be, what the payments would be, and what the bottom line total was going to be on the CR-V. His customer service was exceptional!! He had never even met us in person at this point but that didn't stop him from working so hard to supply us with the exact vehicle we wanted. We were truly impressed!! The transaction was so easy and when we made the seventy mile trip to Richmond to pick up the CR-V we were not let down in the slightest. Everyone at the dealership was so nice and My husband and I agreed that we would definitely buy from West Broad Honda on our next Honda purchase. I would recommend West Broad Honda to anyone!!

John Howard