Wilkins Automotive

Makes: Used Car Dealer

Wilkins Automotive
Wilkins Automotive Info
About Wilkins Automotive

At Wilkins Buick GMC of Glen Burnie, we take pride in our vehicles and forming long-lasting relationships with our customers. Our dedicated sales staff and top-trained technicians are here to make your auto shopping experience enjoyable, simple and financially wallet-friendly. Here's is what we promise at Wilkins: Always put customer satisfaction first. We apply this in every department and aim to understand how we can make this experience a positive one. During your first visit, we listen to better comprehend: What you are looking for, when you are looking to purchase, where you plan on taking your new vehicle, and why you are looking to buy. Once we know what your wants and needs are, our sales specialist can assist you in selecting the best vehicle. And through everything, we'll answer any questions you may have and provide you with additional resources-brochures, YouTube links, online reviews-to assist you in making your decision. Our sales specialists are not just knowledgeable about the product, but sincerely seek to earn your business by being attentive, respectful, and friendly to every customer. It is our hope you'll leave us with a positive understanding of who we are, and with the vehicle that's right for you! If you don't leave with a car that first day, our staff will follow-up with you via email or phone, whichever you prefer, to make sure you don't miss an opportunity for special savings, more options to compare, or if someone else is looking at the same car that caught your eye last visit! It is our hope that through this open approach, we will gain your confidence in us and ultimately earn your business. We recently remodeled our facilities and we encourage you to visit for a truly enjoyable experience. New state-of-the-art showroom, offices, customer lounge, business center, and children's playroom are just some of the additions we've added for your comfort and convenience. Browse our new or pre-owned inventory as well as

About Wilkins Automotive

• Buick GMC Customer Lounge

"Horrible Service Experience"

I worked with Stephanie to schedule a 10am appointment. She was very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, that was the ONLY positive part of my experience. My husband dropped off my vehicle for service before 10am on the day of my appointment. As discussed on the phone, I was expecting a phone call once they hooked my car up to the computer to diagnose the problem. At noon, I tried to follow up because I hadn't heard anything. I was immediately sent to voicemail and left a message on Rick's voicemail. At 2pm, I attempted to follow up again and was then transferred to Caleb's voicemail. Finally, at 3pm I tried to call again and told the attendant that I needed to speak with someone in the service department, as my family would need to make arrangements to get home from work/school and we had no clue what was going on with my vehicle. After being transferred and waiting on hold for several minutes, Caleb answered. I explained to him that I needed to know the status of my vehicle since it had now been in their shop for 5 hours. Caleb put me on hold for several more minutes, only to come back and tell me that it hadn't been looked at yet! When I expressed my concern, he nonchalantly explained that they had some issues in the shop. I told him I understood if there were problems, but at the very minimum, some communication would've been nice. I explained that I tried to follow up multiple times and he responded that if I had called him, he would have let me know. I told him that I had called and left messages, only no one returned my call. He seemed to get a little bit of an attitude with me about it, as if I was an inconvenience for being upset by the lack of communication. He asked me what I wanted to do. I asked when he thought it woudl be looked at and he told me that he couldn't guarantee anything. I asked if he thought it would be within the next hour. When he said he wasn't sure, I asked him to please call me back in an hour to let me know the status. He said that was fine and said "so, if it hasn't been looked at in an hour, you're just going to come and get it?" I said "yes," because my husband, daughter, and I all need to get home somehow tonight and someone would have to bring my husband to get it. Not surprisingly, nearly an hour and 1/2 later, Caleb called to let me know that they hadn't had a chance to look at it...no apologies or attempts to rectify the situation. Between my husband and I, we have two GMCs (one that was bought at Wilkins and the other bought out of state). They've been great vehicles so far and we haven't needed much in the way of service. Since they are both around the 65K mile point, I'm sure they will need more attention. It's a shame I can't depend on the dealer closest to our home for service. Additionally, we generally purchase new vehicles every 3-4 years, I guess we'll be looking somewhere else, as I would prefer to go somewhere we can build a full relationship with sales and service.

August 06, 2014

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our Service Department. Wilkins Automotive apologizes for the inconvenience this caused you. If you experience any more complications with the Service Department and/or your GMC please do not hesitate to call 410.768.1700 to speak with our General Manager, Bruce Catterton. Hope you have a lovely day!

"My salesman; John Goshell, very friendly, helpful,..."

My salesman; John Goshell, very friendly, helpful, attentive and handled all my questions and requests quickly and was very responsive. I would definitely request John again in the future and would recommend him to anyone I encounter looking for a used car. My experience with John, the financing paperwork was painless, and Wilkins Buick on an overall was enjoyable experience purchasing my Lincoln MKX.

March 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your Wilkins experience. We are glad to hear John and the rest of the Wilkins team found the perfect vehicle to suit your needs! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your Lincoln MKX. Happy Driving!

"My husband and I went to "LOOK" at used..."

My husband and I went to "LOOK" at used cars...primarily a Subaru. But after sitting in that vehicle I decided to try driving two other used vehicles...a Taurus and a Buick LaCrosse. Having driven a Lincoln Town Car for several years, there was no substitute for my selection of the Buick LaCrosse. Dave Kaplan was very patient with me while I weighed the pros and cons of this purchase and he was also very willing to work with my son-in-law Chris Olexia and my husband on the price negotiation for this car for me. I am very happy with the car, which is in EXCELLENT condition and am learning something new each day about all that it has to offer. I have been very impressed with the follow up from the Wilkins Dealership. Best ever! Marilyn D., Annapolis, MD

January 23, 2014

Wilkins is excited to hear you love your Buick LaCrosse. If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to call or visit us! Thank you for the great review!

"To anyone seeking to purchase a quality used vehicle at a..."

To anyone seeking to purchase a quality used vehicle at a reasonable price, with minimal hassle, and with maximum customer service, I whole heartedly recommend Wilkins Automotive and sales associate, Michael Camp, in Glen Burnie, Maryland. Let me start by saying that I hate purchasing a vehicle, new or used. I detest the entire experience. I would rather take a beating than go through the process. I go in from the beginning feeling as though I am going to be robbed, no matter what I do or how well informed I may be. For months I crawled lots after hours (including Wilkins) to avoid sales people. I also extensively searched the Internet. I finally decided to reluctantly go into Wilkins to look at several different options that had caught my attention. Michael Camp met me at the door, introduced himself, gave me a brief description of how they do business at Wilkins, and then left me to my own devices. Without hovering, Michael made himself available and was always prompt with answers to my questions. He did not try to sell me on any particular vehicle. He asked me what I needed and then gave me suggestions as to what they had available. He did not try to steer me to the most expensive vehicle on the lot. He helped me find what would best suit my requirements; a reliable and economical commuter for my 90 mile per day round trip between work and home. (I learned via casual conversation during one of my test drives that Michael is US military Veteran. I already liked his style and was very comfortable with him. Learning that he served our country, sealed the deal for me as far as deciding on a sales associate to work with.) Bob King, Wilkins Automotive's Used Car Director, was very friendly and a total professional. He helped me reach a price that I consider to be a very good value. During our conversation, Bob told me that if I didn't see what I wanted on Wilkins lot to let them know and they would do their best to find it elsewhere for me. Who does that without trying to force a sale with what is already on their lot? I became so comfortable with the experience that I decided to finance through Wilkins. Just as my experiences with Michael and Bob had been positive, so too was the financing process. Honestly, it was all very simple. The steps were clearly explained and were completely transparent. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. But it never did. So, despite my anxiety, I had an amazing experience. I drove away with a feeling that I have never had before when purchasing a new or used vehicle, a feeling that I had received a more than fair deal. Sincerely, A future repeat customer PS: I selected a 2011 Volkswagen Golf, with a 2.0 liter diesel engine from their lot. I now get 41 mpg!!! My savings in fuel are actually making my car payment, thanks to team Wilkins.

Michael Camp

January 16, 2014

Wilkins Automotive appreciates your wonderful review. We pride ourselves on customer service so it is great to hear your story! We will be sure to pass your kind words to Bob King, Michael Camp, and our finance team! Enjoy driving your Volkswagen Golf and we will see you soon!

"As soon as I entered on the lot and was approached by..."

As soon as I entered on the lot and was approached by Godfrey Ukwandu, I felt at ease because of his kind and benevolent demeanor. He made me feel very comfortable inspecting and test driving the vehicle, he didn't rush me not once. I explained to him that I needed two vehicles and I felt that he led me to the right ones according to the budget I had. Godfrey was very friendly and professional and was looking out for my best interest.

December 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience about Godfrey. We will make sure to pass along the message to him! Wilkins Automotive wishes you the best with your two new vehicles! Stop by again to visit.

"I recently purchased a used Honda CRV (2005) that I found..."

I recently purchased a used Honda CRV (2005) that I found at your dealership through Cars.com. Being a single mom with a busy full-time college student daughter I really needed a second vehicle that was going to be reliable and affordable, I already have a "love" for Honda's as I have a Civic that I also found on Cars.com. which is now driven by my daughter. After calling Wilkins Automotive and setting up an appointment, I had the pleasure of Dave Kaplan showing me the vehicle I had called about. Dave truly made this "car buying" experience easy, understandable, absolutely no pressure and he displayed knowledge, professionalism but also kindness and a genuine concern for my needs as a single mom. Dave introduced me to Tom Ebersole who also was very knowledgable, professional but also a "financial friend" as he carefully explained everything to me and worked to get me the best financing possible given my circumstances. My overall experience was "GREAT" and I would definitely tell people about Wilkins Automotive. I am very pleased with my purchase of the 2005 Honda CRV. Thanks, Brenda Hranj

November 21, 2013

Thank you for the review. Wilkins Automotive is happy to hear you not only love your vehicle, but also the car buying experience! We will make sure Dave and Tom receive your review! We hope to see you soon!

"The dealership as a whole was very friendly and..."

The dealership as a whole was very friendly and personable ; however there was some disorganization that slowed up the process a bit. Other than that it was a great experience.

Les Horner

November 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! Wilkins Automotive is happy to hear you had a pleasant experience at our dealership. Enjoy your vehicle!

"Bruce, Dave K. and Tom E. are some of the best folks..."

Bruce, Dave K. and Tom E. are some of the best folks I've ever purchased a vehicle from. Dave Kaplan is top notch, I'd let him date my daughter and sell my mom a car!

November 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! We will be sure to pass along your words of encouragement to Bruce, Dave, and Tom! Hope to see you soon!

"It became time to replace my 02 Buick. I did not have a..."

It became time to replace my 02 Buick. I did not have a lot of money to spend. I talked to my salesman Michael Camp in the Used Cars department. He and his Manager Bob King worked out a deal for me within my price range. The car was very clean and runs great. I saved enough money with them that I came back and purchased another car for the family. I am very happy with both of the car that I purchased from Wilkins and will tell my friends to buy from Mr. Camp.

Michael Camp

"The use car manager changed the price of the truck on..."

The use car manager changed the price of the truck on cars.com. He changed the price because he spoke with me and several other family members. He realized he received a strong response from the 1st day of listing the truck so he increased the price. Poor business. After fussing with him he argeeded to honer the price he had listed but. he lied to my face over and over. I love the truck. The dealership was clean, professional, and a overall good place. I'm just mad that he lied!!!! He lied about something as simple as 1K. How do I know he wouldn't lie about something else, I dont! Dont deal with the use car manager. Any sale prices you see listed make sure you take it there in black and white.

Mike, Tom and Use car manager