Youngblood Nissan - Service Center

3505 South Campbell Avenue, Springfield, 65807
Makes: Nissan|Service Center

Youngblood Nissan - Service Center
Youngblood Nissan - Service Center Info
Is this your service center?
Is this your service center?
About This Service Center | Hours | Amenities

About Youngblood Nissan

Youngblood Automotive is conveniently located in Springfield Missouri, just minutes away from Branson and Joplin. Youngblood Automotive has the areas largest selection of Nissan Jeep Chrysler Kia and certified preowned vehicles from cars and trucks to vans and SUVs.

48 Service Center Reviews

"Unresolved initial issue and LOTS of unauthorized work!"

I went to the dealer because I have an issue with my car not always recognizing my key, thus activating the security "immobilizer." I also requested an oil change. Andrew, the "service adviser" informed me that they would also perform a "45 point courtesy inspection." About an hour after I dropped off my car, Andrew, called to inform me that they thought the issue was a loose positive battery post; also to inform me that I had a "really bad" power steering fluid leak that would probably prevent my vehicle from passing the safety inspection the next time it's due; and lastly that I had belts that were cracked and worn. I told Andrew that my car does NOT have a power steering fluid leak, that leak was repaired about a month ago by my regular mechanic, and that if the service technician was ACTUALLY performing an inspection instead of just trying to find items to upsell me on, he would have SEEN that there is no active leak. I also requested that the belts be replaced. He told me that the car should be ready late that afternoon and I let him know that really, so long as it was ready by noon the next day, that would be fine. Andrew called me again at about 11:45am the following day to inform me that the car would NOT be ready by noon because "the" technician had to attend some recertification training that morning. Excuse me, but it seems to me that at a large dealership like this, if a customer needs a vehicle ready by noon and one technician isn't available, there are plenty of other technicians around to pick up the slack. Regardless, I took that in stride and let him know that as long as the car was ready by 2pm, I would still be fine. I had rented a car from a car rental place at the airport and needed to have it returned by 2pm, also I needed to pick my daughter up from school at 2:30. I didn't hear from Andrew again, so I returned my rental car and took the dealership's shuttle to the dealership and arrived at about 2:00. Once I tracked Andrew down, he told me that my car just needed a few minutes to be finished. After waiting about 10 minutes, I contacted my daughter's school and arranged for her to stay at an after school activity since I wouldn't be there on time. After about 30 minutes I tracked Andrew down again and inquired about my car. He said the tech was just finishing up and it would be just a few minutes. Again I waited, and after about 45 minutes Andrew wandered through and told me that the tech was just "finishing up the coding for my new key," and that I was going to be "really happy" because he was "getting me a REALLY REALLY good deal." At that point I started to be anxious, because I didn't need any sort of "deal," let alone a "really, really good deal." Some time later, Andrew resurfaced again to tell me that I was going to be really happy because they had done a LOT of work on my car, and he had gotten me a "really good deal on it." He then escorted me to the cashier and presented me with a bill for about $650! And oh, by the way, they hadn't been able to resolve the issue with my key - they had gotten a key cut, but the tech couldn't get it coded properly to start my car. He then handed me the non-functional key and told me that he had gotten me a "really good deal" on this key, too at only $34.99! Excuse me? Who would pay a nickel for a key that doesn't work, let alone $35, and on top of that the insult of being told that it was a "really good deal?!?" And, he said, the good news was that the key I had brought in "still works." On top of that, they had replaced my spark plugs and also my valve cover gasket - the latter to remedy the "really bad oil leak." This was the first I had heard of either of these issues. IF he had mentioned the oil leak to me, I would have told him the exact same thing I told him about the supposed power steering leak - it had already been repaired and any oil present was simply residual. So there was all this extra work that was not only done without my authorization or knowledge, but which had never even been mentioned to me! By this time it was about 4:30. My daughter's after school activity had been over for an hour. I had no one else available to get her. I told him that I flat wouldn't accept or pay for the key - he tried to argue the point with me, telling me it was a "valet key" that I could use to unlock my door! So my bill was adjusted to just under $600 - I told him I would pay it under protest because I couldn't stay any longer. When I got home, I went over the paperwork that they had provided. By their own figures, I had authorized and received the following: $157.89 for battery parts and labor, $162.89 for belt parts and labor, and $34.95 for the oil change for a grand total of $355.73. The next day I had a message from the dealership's customer relations manager. I couldn't hear his name clearly on my voice mail, so I called the dealership and asked for the customer relations manager. The receptionist had no idea who I meant, so I told her that I thought the message said his name was Don or John or Tom - then she knew who he was. Hey, if your receptionist doesn't know who your customer relations manager is, maybe she should be trained to refer to a roster. Anyway, I had a couple of phone calls with him, and then he turned me over to Sean, the service department manager who agreed that I had been overcharged but had the audacity to try to haggle over it. He wanted me to pay over $100 for what he referred to as "diagnostics" for the issue with my key, stating that his tech had worked on it for over 3 hours. That seems highly questionable to me since Andrew had told me that the tech wasn't coding the key until after 4pm! He then offered to let me bring my car back in and his tech would "continue to look for the problem" at no charge to me. I told him this was unsatisfactory because I no longer have any trust in the dealership service department. Supposedly I'm receiving a refund check for the difference in what I paid and what I should have been charged. I'm still left with a key that sometimes causes my car's security system to activate. If I could have this resolved by a non-dealership mechanic I would have already done so. I'll travel to another city to have this issue resolved rather than return to Youngblood.

Andrew

April 29, 2014

Good afternoon Nancy, My name is Mark and I am one of the Managers at Youngblood Auto Group. I would like to speak with you about your experience in our service department. I contacted the Nissan Service Manager and a complete refund has been mailed to you. Our offer still stands to continue working on the problem with your key at no cost. Mark Sherrow 417-882-3838

NancyCrawford responded to this review

April 15, 2014

I left you a voice mail at approximately 1:50pm on 04/15/2014

"Always smiling, friendly, personalized service at the..."

Always smiling, friendly, personalized service at the service center. I'm a senior citizen, and appreciate great customer service.Three word summary: I LOVE YOUNGBLOOD!!!

Neal, David, and Austin

April 08, 2014

I am very happy to hear you had such a great experience with us! We always love hearing from our customers, but it is especially nice to receive positive feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer! Sincerely, John Widiger General Manager Youngblood Auto Group

"We love being a part of the Youngblood family. We have..."

We love being a part of the Youngblood family. We have purchased two Nissan vehicles from Youngblood recently and we are treated like royalty. Make an appointment, arrive at Youngblood, they take the car, service it quickly, wash it, and we leave with a fresh bottle of water. Perfect!

Andy Burkemper and Jerry Crews

October 29, 2013

I am very happy to hear you have had great experiences with us! We always love hearing from our customers, but it is especially nice to receive positive feedback. Thanks for being a part of the Youngblood family, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Sincerely, John Widiger General Manager Youngblood Auto Group

"I have owned Nissans for the last 10 years. The level of..."

I have owned Nissans for the last 10 years. The level of professionalism and service at Youngblood Auto has always been outstanding. Most recently Andy Burkemper in Nissan service turned a difficult repair situation ( that I caused) into a very positive experience. I highly recommend this dealership.!!

Andy Burkemper

October 11, 2013

I wanted to personally thank you for your kind words regarding your experience with Andy and Youngblood Auto Group. We take our customer feedback very seriously, and I am happy to hear you had a positive experience with us. Thanks for being a valued customer! John Widiger General Manager Youngblood Auto Group

"I went to Youngblood Nissan to get my oil changed in my..."

I went to Youngblood Nissan to get my oil changed in my new car and I was blown away by how friendly the staff was at this location. In comparison to the dealership where I purchased my Nissan, (In Illinois at AutoCenter Nissian where the experience was HORRIBLE) the Youngblood dealership staff were 100% more attentive and went above and beyond in everything they did for me that day. From the moment I walked in until the moment I drove away they made me feel like they genuinely cared about the experience being great. They had a bottle of water for me when I arrived and one sitting in the car for me when I left. Jerry, took the time to go through some of the features of my car with me that I did not understand. It wasn't his job, but by the way he was so quick to help, I couldn't tell. Jerry and his staff vacuumed and washed my car, changed the oil and went through an extensive check of all other things in the car that may have needed attention. They did a FANTASTIC job and their customer service is among the BEST I have ever experienced. It was just a simple, routine oil change but they have made such a lasting and impressive impression on me that I will be returning to them for any and all future service appointments. Way to go Youngblood Nissan! More dealerships should take note of how you guys operate and run a business because you did a fantastic job and have made a loyal customer out of me. Thanks again and I will see you in about 3000 miles! -Rachel Milburn

Jerry

March 15, 2013

Rachel, thank you for your kind review. We're happy to hear your service appointment exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again!

"A VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE-----EVERYONE I MET WERE..."

A VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE-----EVERYONE I MET WERE FRIENDLY &HELPFULE ---REALLY WAS EYEOPENING -----THEY REALLY APPREACIATED MY BUSINESS---made my DAY---GREAT STAFF-JOHN TRAINER--OSCEOLA,MO.

LUCAS WALKER &OTHERS

March 01, 2013

Thank you John. We're pleased you had a positive experience and yes, we do appreciate your business!

"Great people to work with. Very professional, very..."

Great people to work with. Very professional, very knowledgeable and very friendly. Answered all questions in easy to understand language with no "service department" double talk.

Lucas Walker

February 15, 2013

Thank you! We appreciate your business.

"I have delt with this dealership since 1982 when I..."

I have delt with this dealership since 1982 when I purchased my first new car. Many things have changed over the years, but the change I see now has got to be the best I've seen in all the years. I have avoided the dealership like the flu unless the was no way out of dealing with them in the past. But now it seems like an old friend I see when I go there. The service bay staff were awesome and really friendly. They are no longer those stiff company people that are afraid to laugh a little and poke fun at issues. But then how many customers come in because of wildlife taken out by their car lol and then twice in a 4 week period. Both times everyone was great to work with from the service bay to the cashier. Always communicating to what was going on and being sure I didn't go thirsty. The first wildlife visit required replacement of the radiator and needed to wait on parts. Knowing I was left with some not so great transportation and having to travel 100 miles round trip with a gas hog, to my suprise my car was done about 4 days sooner than promised because my part was overnighted and worked on the next day. I say thats going the extra step to getting a customer back in their own car.

Lucas

November 02, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience...we're happy to hear it has improved over the years.

"The original time estimate was 2 days, possibly into the..."

The original time estimate was 2 days, possibly into the 3rd day. They really went to work and I got the call the next morning. So it took just a day for all the work. Great job guys!

Andyrew Burkemper

July 19, 2012

Thank you! Thanks also for your review and your business.

"I just moved to MO from AZ and needed a 15K mile..."

I just moved to MO from AZ and needed a 15K mile maintenance on my 2012 Nissan Juke. Youngblood was the closest dealer so I chose them. From the first phone for information to walking out the door yesterday with my serviced car, I was impressed. Everyone I worked with was very helpful and courteous.

Andrew in Service

July 19, 2012

Thank you for your review. We're happy you found us and glad we could be of service.

Contact Information

Appointment Details

Drop off vehicle
Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.