I spent 8 hours making a deal on a Ford Explorer. I signed the contracts and I had the means to buy it out right. I shook their hands and they congratulated me. I wanted to trade in a cheap car i didn't have the title for so the salesmen comes back and says i have 7 days to provide the title and that I can drive off the lot that day with the new Explorer. I said deal and it was official. Im 5 hours in at this point. Another manager comes in and tells me no deal, he wont wait 7 days he needs it today or he wont take the trade in(which is under 1000 dollars). So I make dash to where I think the title is, no luck, I call the salesmen and tell him im on my way back to strike a deal with out the trade. He says xxxx tell the manager. So i come back ready to work something out with the guy who already reneged on our first deal... This guy was eager to get me to finance by the way and I had the full amount available to purchase the Explorer on the spot. Its not 7 pm and the guy comes back and says in the time I was gone to find my title some one else reserved it online and is gonna buy it the next day. I am of course completely unhappy about this but he says he wants to make it right with me...so another 30 minutes go by and he comes back with an explorer thats not close, I cant buy right then and there and 2000 dollars more expensive than his sister store. He tried to convince me to finance after 8 HOURS of jerking me around. Now Im suspecting they just wanted to try to upsell me something else. Lets hit some case points:
1. The manager lied to my face about being capable of changing the OTD price. I had haggled for 3 hours and seen him reduce the price for me. I proved this to the manager that was wasting my time. He had admitted after that the price can be changed...good so we have a definite caught red handed liar.
2. It is not okay to reneg on a deal. 3 people shook my hands and i signed the paperwork. If you offer a deal and shake my hand, thats a contract. This company reneged on our deals and tried to upsell me something else.
3. The employees were not communicating well with me or with each other which is a huge factor to why my deal kept getting switched around.
4. At the end of the day these guys are not going to take care of you, make up for your time lost or hold them selves accountable. This is why courtrooms exist by the way.
5. They lie. I exposed them in front of an entire audience. Every one here knows for a fact the manager lied about the ability to change the price.
Autonation Toyota Winter Park is not a serious business, its a fraudulent joke with a bad punchline.