BMW of San Antonio

Jared Coronado, Internet Client Advisor, BMW of San Antonio

Jared Coronado

Internet Client Advisor

November 09, 2018

"Buying experience was OK"

- Tex,austin46

The buying experience was OK, at the time I bought my vehicle I was also shopping with another dealership. I chose SA BMW because I feel like they gave me a better deal. My problem with the process is that my vehicle was missing equiptment that was promised with the vehicle: floor matts cigarette lighters, an extra key and a tow plug that was missing from the bumper. I was promised these items and I was told that I would have these items in about a week. I have attempted to contact the salesperson Kirk at least twice a day and left messages, each time I call he doesn't answer his cell phone nor does he return my phone calls. I was skeptical about leaving the dealership without having everything that goes with a Certified Preowned Vehicle. Before I bought the vehicle I was getting calls for employees and the salesman Kirk 4-5 times a day. My advice to anyone in the market for a vehicle make sure you have everything that goes with the vehicle before you leave the property. Because once they have your money the level of concern for the customer will no longer exist.

Kirk Albarian
3.0
Other Employees : Francis

November 01, 2018

"Poor Customer Service from Justin Blow and Todd Wimsett"

- joah1660

I'm very disappointed with the level of service I've received from BMW here in San Antonio. My sales person was Justin Blow. I came to test drive on Monday and had Todd Wimsett appraise my car too. I told Justin that I wanted to wrap up my purchase by month's end on Wednesday, 2 days later. I asked a few questions and Justin said that he would get back to me on Tuesday with the answers. No word from Justin on Tuesday...just a automated email asking to let them know if I had any questions. I replied to this email and informed them that I was still waiting for the answers from Monday's questions. No reply. Now it's 4pm on Wednesday and still no email or phone call. I call Todd Wimsett Wednesday at 6pm and tell him that I'm on the way to the dealership and that I was disappointed with Justin not responding or communicating with me. I still needed my questions answered and Todd Wimsett, who is the Used Car Director and fully capable of answering these questions before I buy, said that he would call me right back with the answers. Todd Wimsett has Justin call me back without any answers even though Todd understood that I'm not happy with the lack of communication from Justin. I stop by the BMW of San Antonio dealership on the last day of the month looking to buy a Certified BMW and I can't get any help trying to find Todd Wimsett or anyone that would help me buy one of their certified BMW. I've heard horror stories about the BMW of San Antonio dealership's lack of customer service and they are ACCURATE! I can see why many clients skip BMW of San Antonio and give their business to the Austin BMW or Houston BMW. In this day and age, retail businesses live and die by Good Customer Service.

Justin Blow
Todd Wimsett

September 30, 2018

"Unacceptable service"

- Anderson11!

I bought brand new tires from this dealership about a month ago, a week ago I was called about bringing my vehicle in for an oil change. As I was on my way in the vehicle notified me that the tire was low. I told the sales consultant when I got there and he said they will look at that as well. I was notified on Thursday that my vehicle was ready for pick up, I asked what was the reason that my tire was low since they were only a month old, he notified me that a lug nut was missing but they replaced it. I asked how does a lug nut go missing on recently purchased tires? No answers just a blank stare from that question. I came on Friday to pick up my vehicle and return the loaner, I paid for the oil change and waited 45 minutes to an hour just for them to tell me they lost my key!! I ask how do you lose a key to a vehicle that service was complete and supposedly ready for pick up. Again no answer, they apologized and offered me a loaner so i wouldn’t have to continue waiting. 30 minutes later i still don’t have a loaner, I finally found my sales consultant and he goes to the desk and shortly after I received one. On Saturday I called inquiring about my key, the sales consultant says “they still haven’t found it, let’s wait til Monday (taking the cheap route instead of just replacing my key), it might be in someone’s pocket let’s give them a chance to return it, if not they will make one that will take 3-4 days to come back.” The reason they couldn’t replace my key was because they don’t have keys in stock, which sounds ridiculous to me because you are a BMW dealership!! I did not bring you a Toyota or Audi, I brought a BMW!! I’m driving to my daughters dance recital on Saturday in the loaner and it completely reduces speed on me on the highway. An error message came across the screen and said drive train malfunction, I immediately pull over on the side of the road battling traffic, at this point the vehicle put itself in neutral, I could no longer put it in drive! I’m panicking because we are on the side of the highway with traffic flow going by at a fast rate. I called my fiancé, he advises me to turn off the vehicle and turn it back on, so i turned it off and it would not crank after that.Now we are in a hot BMW on the side of the road, did I mention the loaner was a 2019 x3!! I have my 11 yr old daughter in the passenger seat scared because we are on the side of the highway stranded, the loaner vehicle shaking everytime cars passed by. BMW was already closed, however I was attempting to call the consultants cell phone, no answer and no reply to text! I found another consultants number and she told me to call roadside assistance it wasn’t anything they could do! Roadside assistance was not going to help me because I could not provide the VIN number at the time because I couldn’t open the door due to being on the side of the interstate! After arguing for several minutes they decided they would send assistance to pick up their loaner car! At this point we have missed my daughters dance recital, she was very upset, scared and nervous as was I but I’m trying my best to calm her down! The text I received from road assistance said that the tow truck and lyft driver would be there 2 hours after the call was placed!!! I decided to call my own uber which only took 5 minutes to pick us up, my daughter and I had to exit from the passenger side door. Opening the driver door would’ve been impossible putting me directly in the traffic lane on the interstate!! I have been without a vehicle since Saturday afternoon, I had very important things to do this weekend but the ultimate driving machine (2019 loaner) left me stranded on the side of the highway. I am very displeased with BMW of San Antonio customer service, I really wish there was another BMW dealership in town so I would never have to utilize you guys ever again!! The only reason I gave it 1 Star was because I had to select something!!

Ryan Watson