Empire Hyundai

Jeff White, Asst Service Manager, Empire Hyundai

Jeff White

Asst Service Manager

February 24, 2019

"Lack Of Integrity, Once A Salesman Always A Salesman"

- Angry Mom

After a few hours spent at Empire Hyundai with my daughter, we walked out. I tried to negotiate the price of a used 2017 GMC Denali and gave them an offer of $3,000 less and when the salesman came back after speaking with the manager Donald Devlin the price of the vehicle actually went up by $3,000. Apparently the price listed on two sites and on the sticker of the car was not "accurate" he valued the car $3,000 higher then dropped it to the sticker price and said they took the $3,000. off that we negotiated, what a joke! I also filled out an on-line affidavit with our credit score company because he told us they WOULD NOT run a credit check unless we decided to purchase the vehicle and when we left a hard inquiry was noted on my daughters credit report. I will be following up with Tayla Miranda as well and whomever else I need to until this is resolved. Angry Mom

Donald Devlin

February 16, 2019

"terrible customer service"

- john

This is the first negative review I have ever written and I don't like taking time out of my day to complain, but my experience with Empire Hyundai has been so frustrating that I wanted to make sure others were aware of what buying a car from them can be like. My wife and I purchased a 2017 Hyundai Elantra and were generally satisfied with the car and the price. The salesperson, Ricky, assured us that we should receive the title and registration within two to three weeks, but it has been more than four and we are still waiting. I understand that these things can take time, but if it exceeds the initial estimate significantly, some explanation is in order and they should not have to wait for us to initiate the conversation. Part of the reason that we opted to purchase our vehicle from Empire is that the sales staff made it sound like they would take care of all of the details and satisfy their obligations in a reasonable time frame. Instead, we have had to return to the dealership on several occasions and make at least a dozen phone calls just to sort out the initial paperwork. With all of that effort, we could have handled the plates and registration ourselves by now and saved on the nearly $500 documentation fee (though that option was not given to us when we purchased the vehicle). I am inclined to be forgiving about the process taking longer than expected as long as the dealership does their due diligence in trying to move forward and keep us in the loop, but in our case it has been like pulling teeth to get anything out of them. It took over three weeks for them to find the time to do a VIN check, and they have had no shortage of excuses for why they couldn't work on processing our registration on this or that day. We have still not even received our sales paperwork. Today, after trying repeatedly to contact them by phone, I eventually had to drive out to the dealership just to get someone to talk with me. Our temporary plates had expired at this point, so I asked if they would at least waive the nominal charge for a new set and was denied even this basic courtesy. When trying to sell us the car, Ricky told us that they would give us dealer plates while we waited for the registration to be processed, but after we completed the financing paperwork he decided that we should pay for temporary plates instead. The possibility that we would have to buy a second set was certainly never hinted at when we purchased the vehicle, partly on the basis of their assurance that it would be quick and effortless to finalize the transaction. Ricky and his colleagues were eager to do whatever it took to sell us a car, but as soon as we signed the papers it was as though we ceased to exist. If you are looking to purchase a car and anticipate having to have any subsequent interactions with the sales staff, I would recommend finding a dealership that places more value on the customer's experience and makes a priority out of completing their end of the transaction once the purchase is complete. We will certainly not consider Empire Hyundai for any of our future car needs.

Joseph Carvalho
2.0
Other Employees : Ricky

December 30, 2018

"Easy, fun, and great experience "

- A-A-RON

I came to upgrade my lease. This is the 3rd lease my fiance and I have negotiated and this was the best experience we've had so far. Everyone was so easy going and great to work with. Mr. Devlin helped me find the car I wanted and made the process a breeze. Ron was great. He can joke around and make you feel at home while at the same time maintaining a professional relationship with the client. I am so pleased and will definitely be coming back.

Steve Thomas