Ontario Mazda

Finance

March 06, 2018

"Unexpectedly great!"

- EP

In the age of information transparency, anyone who tries to sell you something based on a knowledge inequality puts you, the buyer, at a disadvantage. Unlike new vehicles, where a new car from Dealer A is going to be identical to a new car from Dealer B and there’s not much dealers can do to differentiate themselves, finding a used car that fits your criteria, being treated well by the dealership, and paying a fair price for it is not always an easy feat. After an exhausting several week long search for a lightly used midsize SUV, having driven over half a dozen different makes and models and visiting as many dealerships in the greater Rochester area, we ended up by chance at Ontario Mazda to look at a used CX-9. By dumb luck, we found the exact car we wanted, with the color, trim, mileage, fit and finish, and for a price we were willing to pay. What sealed the deal for us were two things. The first was simple. The car was not being advertised as a Mazda CPO vehicle, but when we got in the car for our test drive, our salesman casually mentioned that it was, in fact, a CPO vehicle. As soon as he said that, I congratulated my wife on her new vehicle, as I knew we were getting it. But the other part – unexpectedly – was our salesman, Chris Jay. After dealing with numerous salesmen at other dealerships, who were as if out of central casting, Chris stood out as the most courteous, professional, knowledgeable yet not arrogant or pushy, consistent and dedicated in his communication and methods from the moment my wife and I stepped foot in the dealership to the moment we drove away in our car 2 days later. After seeing other people’s comments about their experience with Chris, I see that ours was not unique, but I felt it necessary to add my recommendation to the list and leave my note of thanks. Chris spoke with Joe and agreed to drop the price a little bit upon asking. Even though I could sense there was more room to negotiate (and you never agree to the first offer you’re given), all my calculations, the fact that this car met all our wants, plus Chris’s great attitude weakened my resolve and I did not negotiate any further. Out of all the other places and salesmen we’ve dealt with, I felt that if anyone deserved our hard earned money it would certainly be Chris. It’ll be our first Mazda purchase, so we can only hope this story plays out well throughout our ownership of this vehicle, but kudos to Chris and team on the buying experience. Keep doing what you're doing!

Joseph Gefell

September 09, 2017

"Awesome service after a bad expereince at another dealership"

- Kunal172

I am first time buyer, and have been driving my dads old 2004 Lexus rx330 for the last 6 years. So when it came time to look for a new car I came across the Mazda CX-5 on true car. I put in the certain specs and it led me to Chris. At first the location being in canandaigua pushed me away, but after having a terrible experience with the customer service at marketplace mazda, I decided to make the drive out to Ontario and could not be any happier. As soon as we arrived chris was accommodating and made good on everything he promised on getting me the best price for the car. I'm happy to say I had to walk in once and leave with a firm handshake. Chris kept me in the loop with a number of calls and emails to let me know what the fair price was and could not have asked for a better first person to buy a car from!

June 22, 2017

"Another Great Experience !"

- ccaseus

This is the third time we have dealt with Ontario Mazda for leasing a new vehicle... As always, the experience was very satisfactory. Jill, Joe and Stephanie took care of our needs and made the entire transaction easy!

Jill Haddock