Otto's MINI - Service Center

96 Lifetime Service Reviews

305 W. Lincoln Highway, Exton, Pennsylvania 19341

96 Reviews of Otto's MINI - Service Center

August 10, 2018

"Can't get my problem resolved the first time!"

- lieber

It has been all good for the past 9 years until today. My 2009 Cooper S service light is on and I made an appointment for that. When I dropped off the car I also mentioned the sun roof's problem. It sometimes won't open and with loud noise. When I picked up the car in the afternoon, the sun roof still has the squeaking noise. I told the service advisor. She asked the technician to check it again (that's very nice) and then told me the not open problem is because of the extreme hot weather, and they can't do anything about the noise. OK, I accept the weather too hot that causes the open and close problem reasoning and also nothing can be done to fix the noise due to the age of the car. However, when I focused on the sun roof, I did not pay attention to the control panel. However, I noticed one thing. There is some fluid on the front seats, most in the passenger side. It seemed that it was some grease dripped from the sun roof. I asked the reception girl, who was very nice to help me wipe off the grease. (Later I inform the service advisor about this.) After I drove 2 hours to get home, I noticed the Service light still red and the mileage shows negative 900. So, they did NOT reset the service light after the service is done. And the service provider and technician both did not see that when I asked them to deal with the sun roof problem the second time. The ignition must be on in order to do something with the sun roof, right? Perhaps they also focused on the roof and ignored the red service warning light? I regret not to notice the control when I was there. BUT, as a service advisor and as a technician, reset the warning light after service is SOP, how can they miss that! I left a voice message to the service advisor. I assumed that she would ask me to go back to have it reset, which I am not going to do because I do not have time for that (and I assumed she would call me after she heard my message). I will just search for videos on YouTube to see how it is done. This will save me a lot of time. I live in Allentown area, and there is a Mini of Allentown. Why have I been driving that far to Otto Mini for service for 9 years? It was because the service advisor whom I am familiar with, and the worry-free service. Now since the service advisor has left a few months ago (to Otto BMW, so I've heard), and the job is not done as I expected, I think I should try Mini of Allentown next time.

Aug 11, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

Thank you for your review - we are always striving to do a better job and take these critiques seriously. We agree that Melissa is a wonderful service advisor with years of MINI experience, but she was excited for new challenges and we are glad to have her at our BMW dealership. We're sorry for the communication breakdown; your sunroof issue can certainly be fixed, but the proper repair is a costly sunroof cassette replacement. It is our hope that by lubing and adjusting the cassette, the noise will be mitigated to an acceptable level and maybe delay replacement a little while longer. The fact that we did not reset your service indicator is unacceptable to us - we are sorry for this oversight. You're right, this is a standard practice that was clearly missed by our technician and we will use this incident as an example at our next shop meeting. Charlotte will be reaching out to you to walk you through the reset which should only take a few moments. We're sorry we missed the mark on this last visit - after 9 years of your patronage, it is our hope that you can see that this is not the norm at Otto's MINI - we have a great team and will do our best to make it up to you should you decide to give us another shot.

August 09, 2018

"Pleasant purchase"

- Beach car old lady

Friendly, informative, not pushy, negotiable, good product, good service department- overall pleased. First got mini serviced then drove courtesy car home and wanted to talk with sales person for new mini. Love my new mini. So many improvements. Loved my old 2012 "beach car"(ocean blue) and feel more secure and love as much new "beach car"(British racing green). Will be back to see what I want with my gift certificate to boutique.

Pete Barcus
Aug 09, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

Excellent! Enjoy the rest of the summer beach season in your new ride. We'll see you in the boutique soon!

June 09, 2018

"Voltage issue, fan blower was not functioning"

- CANDI.VW

I was a little disappointed that the battery was only charged, instead of replaced. It worries me that this will happen again. That being said, they noticed a bubble in the tire and replaced it, which was a good catch. Also rotated and aligned which was also great. Charlotte got me in very quickly (since my defrosters were non-functional causing me to be unable to drive in the rain) and gave me a fantastic 2018 Countryman loaner, which I THOROUGHLY enjoyed.

Jun 11, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

Thank you for the review - we're glad you liked the new Countryman! Your battery wasn't the source of the issues you were having, but the technician kept it on the charger while he was diagnosing/working on your car as a preventative measure. Let us know if anything pops up!

June 05, 2018

"Average "

- paolarw

Quick to send you to the sales Deparment. Very nice that my mini was washed. Service rep was nice but not very friendly. First person we talked to didn’t informed me he was going to be away for long period of time so it was awkward calling him with questions and had to deal with someone else.

3.0
3.0
Jun 05, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

Thank you for your feedback! We regret to hear we did not communicate with you in a timely and effective manner on this visit. We hope to have the opportunity to demonstrate a more friendly and efficient experience on a future visit.

May 31, 2018

"issue not fixed"

- DBORYS39

The problem my son brought the car in for was not identified or fixed. However, they did identify multiple other issues to fix. My son states the car is still making the noise and took a video of the noise to show the dealership so they can diagnose and fix the problem.

2.0
May 31, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

Hello - although Jesse came in with a clunking noise in the power steering at low speeds, we were not able to duplicate the noise while here. We did, however, find a power steering leak and repaired it. It seems that did not help. We did just receive the videos that Jesse sent and hear the noise while it looks like the car is stationary. Charlotte has reached out to Jesse to try and resolve his concerns.

May 29, 2018

"Otto’s MINI Service 1, MINI assembly OXFORD, UK 0"

- shawjd1

I bought two new MINI’s at the first of 2018. Mine, I learned after a few days had a non-working A/C system. I made an appointment and brought in my F55 MCS 4 door. They offered and I accepted a loaner, a very nice new Countryman. Next day they called, all fixed. The problem, a valve in the A/C system was cracked and leaking refrigerant. They replaced the bad valve my car was washed and vacuumed and beautiful. Preston (service advisor) was very professional and like everyone I’ve met at both Otto’s MINI and BMW, friendly and very knowledgeable. An outstanding team: sales, management, finance and service and don’t forget the woman in the boutique shop.

Derek Street
May 30, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

Excellent! We delighted to hear we could efficiently accommodate your unexpected service needs. You can be sure Otto's MINI will always work to ensure best performance for both of your MINI's.

May 29, 2018

"Only problem is the distance I travel "

- nhoffnermini1969

Service met all my expectations They were able to complete work even though I was there ahead of scheduled mileage. The dealership provides a comfortable environment

Jeff Schmidt
Other Employees : Melissa Gibson
May 30, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

We truly appreciate the distance you travel to service with us. Happy to hear we were able to perform the service you requested in an efficient manner in a pleasant setting. Thanks for choosing Otto's MINI.

May 28, 2018

"Long wait and incomplete repair"

- CSTURGES

Brought my convertible in to get repair on the rag top. Had corresponded with the service department and had a quote for the repairs just bringing it in to have the work completed as quoted. After an hour wait the service advisor came out and said we've looked at your vehicle and have a quote for you, I was very disappointed as I thought she was coming out to tell me it was done! I said how long will the repair take now that an hour of my time was wasted. Was told another hour! So I waited for the repair. The day after the repair one of the parts that was replaced and installed fell on my wife's head while driving the car so now another visit is in order. Not one of the best service experiences.

May 29, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

Thank you for your review and for pointing out a weakness in our processes that we hadn't noticed before. When you spoke with Preston over the phone and received the estimate from him, you chose not to schedule an appointment at that time. This is where our process broke down. The estimate details were not shared with the rest of the service team so when you scheduled your appointment on-line at a later date and came in, there was no record of your previous interaction with us. This led to the negative experience you subsequently had, and we have instituted a change that will hopefully avoid this sort of thing in the future. Regarding the work performed and the need to come back, Preston has reached out and we hope to be able to pick up your car and re-deliver it to you when we make it right.

May 27, 2018

"Oil change and new tire. "

- THEFEZ39

Otto mini and specifically Preston provide excellent service. My only concern are the run flat tires. In two years I’ve had to replace two tires. I am not satisfied with theses tires but I love the service at Otto Mini.

May 29, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

Thank you for your compliments for Preston and the Otto's MINI team. We regret to hear you have not had good experiences with the run flat tires so far. However you can be assured Otto's MINI will be ready to assist you with all your service needs in a timely and professional manner.

May 23, 2018

"Attentive, accomadating & prompt"

- linda31

I was immediately approached and told what would be taking place. They had my loaner ready and made sure i was comfortable in the vehicle before i left the lot. They also suggested items that could be taken care of during the service appt. Very efficient!

May 23, 2018 -

Otto's MINI responded

We know your time is valuable. We're pleased to hear you had a great experience.