Torrington Toyota

250 Reviews of Torrington Toyota

December 09, 2018

"2019 Tacoma"

- G4

Larry Valenta is a great asset to the Torrington Toyota Team. His no pressure guidance helped me find the right truck. Thank you Gerry McMahon

Larry Valenta

Torrington Toyota responded

Hi Gerry! Thank you for recognizing that we are a stress free, upfront, no pressure dealership, and want everyone to feel 110% comfortable with their vehicle purchase. We are glad that Larry was able to assist you in finding exactly what you wanted in your truck! We are sure you'll be enjoying it for years to come. Thanks for your business, and happy holidays!

December 08, 2018

"2nd Purchase from Tee"

- Art 0182

Just purchased my 2nd Toyota from Tee at Torrington Toyota. Always a pleasure working with him. Extremely knowledgeable and zero pressure. Highly recommended. Will definitely be a return customer.

Torrington Toyota responded

Wow, Toyota #2! Congratulations on your new ride! Thank you for leaving such kind words. It was a pleasure assisting you with your vehicle purchases, and are grateful to have the opportunity to earn your business, and have such a loyal customer. We are looking forward to your next visit!

December 05, 2018

"Torrington Toyota Service and Sales Department."

- Dolo47

Had a road noise that was getting worse. Service manager, Vance recommended a road test with one of the technicians. Went out with Dave and he recognized the problem right away. They scheduled service the next day and gave me a loaner car to use. Needed new wheel bearings and the related problems. Vance called me to explain the problem and to get approval for the work. They completed the work in a reasonable time. Vance went through the invoice and all that was done to my Toyota. I have been dealing with Torrington Toyota for many years. I have never been let down by the service department. The Sale department is also excellent. I have bee buying my cars from Tee, He is excellent. Dave Dolinsky

Other Employees : Vance, Dave Fairchild and Mrs Fairchild all have be great
Dec 07, 2018 -

Torrington Toyota responded

Hello Dave! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last visit involving your vehicle in Torrington Toyota Service Department's care. We know life is fast paced, so we want to slow things down and make sure that we meet each potential problem with 100% attention. Our Technicians are attentive, will listen to your needs and are trained to correct any ongoing issues so that your vehicle is reliable, and you are safe. Thank you for working with us in the past, whether it was purchasing your vehicle from Tee, or having your vehicle serviced with Vance and Dave. We are looking forward to your next visit!

December 04, 2018

"I survived unscathed!"

- Kookamunga

I had no problem with having my questions answered by Randy. and I thought he went out of his way, to accomodate me, with a time I could pick up my car. He didn't rush me through all the bells and whistles-he spent a lot of time going over everything. And I found it rather nice that David didn't try selling me extra coverage that really wouldn't have helped me. It was one of the rare times I didn't feel pressured. Lastly, I couln't help eavesdropping, while having my paperwork done...and even that was entertaining!

Randy Klonowski

Torrington Toyota responded

Hello there, Thank you for leaving this nice review for Randy! The staff at Torrington Toyota accommodates all customers, whether they are servicing vehicles, or purchasing, we know that having everyone feel knowledgeable and comfortable with their vehicles creates a great atmosphere, and trust. We also know that life can be very busy this time of year, so we strive to make the process as simple as possible. As reference to the last part of your review, there are definitely some interesting conversations going on! Thanks for the laugh. Happy holidays!

December 01, 2018

"10k service on 18 Highlander--Happy customer Avon CT"

- Al Avon CT

Excellent service with personalized service This dealership has a family feel and culture different from other Toyota Dealerships---Why is that important? Its because every employee understands and is committed to creating a positive customer experience Also want to note that we live in Avon and drive right past the local dealership to head up to Torrington----all because the service is better

Vance

Torrington Toyota responded

Al, We are so appreciative of your kind words, and the fact that you are willing to drive to Torrington from Avon to service your Highlander. That means so much to us, and we are honored to serve happy customers such as yourself. We are looking forward to your next service visit, as always! -Torrington Toyota

November 21, 2018

"Botched oil change.Made my car unsafe!"

- devnmc

My simple oil change took over 2 hours of waiting. The service writer offered to do the airbag recall, 30 minutes after that I was told they didnt have the part. An hour after that it turned out they did but it would be another hour to put in. When I finally get my car back my dash camera was unplugged and thrown on the floor and my weather tech floor mats were thrown in my trunk. The floor mat recall did not involve my Corolla and there was no reason to scratch up and dirty my floor mats by throwing them in the trunk. When I got my car home and popped the hood I found an oil soaked rag stuck in between the engine cover and the engine itself. Great place for an oily rag, right next to the engine! My car could have caught on fire thanks to the tech. Not only that but when I went to replace my head unit I found my hazard light switch was unplugged. I'll never be going back and I'll tell everyone I know to avoid them.

Vance Williams
Nov 28, 2018 -

Torrington Toyota responded

Hi Devin, Sorry for the delay in response! We have reached out to you previously when you left a very similar review on Google, but we did not have a response back to resolve the situation. You had serviced your Corolla back here in November 2017, and left your complaint a year later, in which we tried to make amends for any inconvenience. You also serviced your vehicle again in March, after the previous issue. However, the issues at hand have not been brought to our attention, otherwise it would have been documented per your mentioning at the time. We have and will continue to maintain yours and other vehicles with caution, safety, and efficiency. If we can do anything for you in the future, please let us know!

November 17, 2018

"Best dealership experience so far"

- Redbeard

It was a very pleasant experience buying a car from Torrington Toyota. My wife and I bought a cheaper used car there on 11/16/18 (2005 Mitsubishi Lancer, a one owner car with 97k miles). We recently bought a more expensive car elsewhere and had to get something cheaper. The salesman, Gil, was great. We were able to look at the car on the same day that I talked to him over the phone. I mentioned that a concern for me was the condition of the underside of the vehicle. When we got there, he had a service tech put it on a lift so I could look underneath (the tech stayed late to do this for us). Price seemed a bit high, but they put a lot of new parts on the car before selling it, so I was fine with it (new exhaust from the manifold back, tie rod ends, sway bar links, brake pads, brand new tires, wipers). Looked good, so my wife and I test drove it, without an employee. The last couple dealerships I dealt with had an employee go with me on test drives. After that, we went up the road to Sullivan Chevrolet to look at something else, and the salesman there said he couldn’t find the keys, and we made that appointment two days prior. Ridiculous. Went back to Torrington Toyota and filled out a credit application. We picked up the car four days later (would’ve been three days later, but we got our first snow storm of the season that day). The entire process went quickly and smoothly, all the employees we dealt with were very nice and helpful, and they always got back to me quickly when I would call or text. I highly recommend this dealership. I have no experience with the service department and probably won’t get any, as I do most of my own car work and use an independent mechanic for more serious issues. I can say that the tech that put the car on the lift for us seemed very nice and helpful. Oh, and the car did come with a 60 day, 3,000 mile warranty, which is perfectly acceptable since it is a 13 year old vehicle.

Gil Zollarcoffer
Other Employees : Damon Stefko

Torrington Toyota responded

Hello! We are blown away by your review, and are so fortunate to be able to pair you with the Mitsubishi Lancer! Hearing that Gil assisted you with ease and comfort is always music to our ears. We know there is no need for the "back and forth" aspect of the car buying process, and are pretty straight forward, as you noticed. All of our staff at Torrington Toyota want to make sure that you are 100% comfortable with your choice, and we are thrilled that you were! As for servicing, we understand you have everything taken care of, but if you need help with anything, feel free to give us a call at (860) 482-9496. Thank you!

November 16, 2018

"All around a very good sales and service experience "

- Happy customer

I am now on my sixth year with Torrington Toyota. All experiences have been very pleasant from the sales to the service staff and even an owner of this dealership. He was very eager for my business and worked out a very fair deal on an equity trade-in. The online appointment calendar is a very convenient feature as well. Facility is always neat and comfortable while awaiting service. Give them try, you wont be disappointed

Other Employees : Tee Hamzy, Vance, All service staff

Torrington Toyota responded

Thank you for your wonderful review for the staff and how we do things, at Torrington Toyota. We are pleased to know that the dealership has honorably served you through your SIX Toyota purchasing and servicing. Thank you for staying with Torrington Toyota for all of this time! We are looking forward to your next visit here!

November 14, 2018

"20,000 maintenance "

- Barbara

Torrington Toyota makes every effort to service my vehicle with highest standards. The service department is pleasant, straight forward and efficient. They make vehicle maintenance easy. Thanks for your services and great vehicles.

Other Employees : Service

Torrington Toyota responded

Hi Barbara! Thank you for selecting Torrington Toyota's Service Department for your vehicle's servicing needs. We are pleased to hear about your positive experiences here, and we are looking forward to providing you with plenty more! Thank you for taking a time to share your review. See you next time!

November 06, 2018

"Pleasant Experience "

- JC

I purchased a Tacoma from Torrington Toyota recently. My salesperson was Gil. He was very helpful, down to earth and an overall nice guy. I highly recommend both the dealership and Gil. If you need a quality new or used vehicle, this is the place to go and the guy to go to!

Gil Zollarcoffer
Nov 06, 2018 -

Torrington Toyota responded

Jesse, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to earn your business, and I look forward to helping you out in the future! Enjoy your Tacoma and we'll see you at your service appointments. -Gil