Since we were expecting a baby in a few months, we decided to purchase a safe, reliable crossover SUV. We decided to go with the Edge after test driving several different makes models. We wanted a new vehicle so that we were sure we weren't inheriting the previous owner's issues.
Here are the things we were not happy with:
1. Poor selection on the lot
2. The “new” Edge they found for us supposedly 150 miles away came to us with 1200 miles on it
3. The “new” Edge came to us filthy dirty, with scratches a dent and sticky purple goo (probably from a popsicle) in the back seat/floor
4. We had issues after several oil changes from this dealership: after one, the windshield wiper squirters no longer worked, after the other, the power train light came on. (they did resolve both issues but, makes me wonder what else is going to go wrong due to their negligence)
5. Car has other warranty issues they the service department can never reproduce (breaks and transmission related). I’m considering bringing the car to an independent auto mechanic to have it checked out.
All in all, their staff is not friendly, you have to haggle hard to even get a somewhat decent price, the customer service leaves much to be desired and their technical service is alarming. I would definitely NOT recommend Town Ford!