Volkswagen of Asheville

Jordan Patton

Freddy Snedden, Sales, Volkswagen of Asheville

Freddy Snedden

July 11, 2018

"The licks just keep coming..."

- Rally_Mini

My wife and I had been researching a specific vehicle for some time. We found one at this dealership and made an effort to get there in the afternoon one Monday. We live about 90 minutes away and we both work, so it was around 6 when we arrived. The test drive went fine and I was happy with the car. After the typical haggling, we settled on a fair price and began the process. The "finance guy" was basically a new hire and was very unprofessional and very slow. The first problem was that he ran the wrong credit (mine, instead of my wife's) - which resulted in a hard hit to my credit (despite NOT signing any authorization). The next strike was that because this guy was clueless, he kept yelling across the dealership to our salesman to come help him. The process took literally three hours. The dealership was all but deserted aside from us. We eventually made it out after the business manager had to take over - which he then proceeded to continue to try and upsell us at nearly 9:30 at night. All seemed ok after that... until a few days later a letter showed up in the mail from the bank denying the funding. The finance guy had originally put in a value some $10,000 over selling price in the loan which kicked a rejection the first time (hence some of the stupid long delay). Next up, we get a call three weeks later from the dealership that they screwed up the title paperwork and they need us to fill out new forms. This means that with less than a week left on the temporary tag, we found out the title/tag process had not even begun yet. This failure was blamed on another new hire. London Richardson was a fantastic salesman. The other two guys were some of the most unprofessional people I've probably ever dealt with. When we called (prior to the title mess) to complain, Nate Nunn apologized profusely and even promised to mail us some complementary tickets to the Biltmore - that was a couple weeks ago now and still no sign of those. My take - stay away from these guys. The team there has some diamonds and they have some junk. Our experience was 90% junk with London being the only bright spot. Maybe we just had a perfect storm, but it just keeps rolling on us. We're not even mad anymore, we're just embarrassed for these guys.

London Richardson

June 26, 2018

"VW Atlas"

- Pops

Stopped in here on the way home to TN. We had been looking at the Atlas but weren’t really ready to buy. Zack greeted us and we were immediately impressed with him and with the loans feel of the dealership. It’s s very well appointed and maintained place. Long story short, thanks to Zack, we drove our new Atlas home to TN that evening. The staff stayed overtime to clean up the car and make the deal. This is s great place and I recommend you stop in and see Zack. He’s top-notch.

Zack Haenlein
Other Employees : Joe (?), Nate Nunn

June 26, 2018

"Excellent service"

- Tig Owner

This was the best car buying experience I’ve had. The salesman, London, listened to me and negotiated a fair deal for me. I felt he was my advocate when dealing with the financial staff. He also explained not only the car’s features but also the limitations to those features. Information that could possibly save my life. I appreciate the respectful, honest approach at VW of Asheville. They have a solid product and let the vehicles sell themselves without the pressure.

London Richardson, Tim Cousins, Vicki (?)

Used 2010 Lexus RX, $14990