Volkswagen of Asheville

Jordan Patton

October 29, 2018

"Rud uncaring people"

- Mtncarman

I have been dealing with this dealership for approximately 6 months and find the overall team to be rude and uncaring. They like to patronize people and give a false sense of presence thinking that is what you want, but not really what you are actually looking for in buying a car. I would seek out other dealerships outside the area of Asheville and drive to Johnson City where they are more friendly and spend time with the customer.

Jordan Patton
2.0
David Smith

October 26, 2018

"Fuse box diagram"

- Jcsa0101

I read my owners manuel and it states to contact your local vw dealership to get a fuse box diagram. For some reason the under hood fuse box doesn't show what fuse is for which function. I called and they said they dont have one and i would have to bring my car in for a technician to look at it. And we all knows what that means. A service charge!!!!!!! Im just trying to replace a fuse but dont know which one i need to replace since theres no diagram anywhere. I would never trust a dealership who acts this way. Even though i told them the owner manuel states to contact them to get one!!!!

Brittany Courtney

July 11, 2018

"The licks just keep coming..."

- Rally_Mini

My wife and I had been researching a specific vehicle for some time. We found one at this dealership and made an effort to get there in the afternoon one Monday. We live about 90 minutes away and we both work, so it was around 6 when we arrived. The test drive went fine and I was happy with the car. After the typical haggling, we settled on a fair price and began the process. The "finance guy" was basically a new hire and was very unprofessional and very slow. The first problem was that he ran the wrong credit (mine, instead of my wife's) - which resulted in a hard hit to my credit (despite NOT signing any authorization). The next strike was that because this guy was clueless, he kept yelling across the dealership to our salesman to come help him. The process took literally three hours. The dealership was all but deserted aside from us. We eventually made it out after the business manager had to take over - which he then proceeded to continue to try and upsell us at nearly 9:30 at night. All seemed ok after that... until a few days later a letter showed up in the mail from the bank denying the funding. The finance guy had originally put in a value some $10,000 over selling price in the loan which kicked a rejection the first time (hence some of the stupid long delay). Next up, we get a call three weeks later from the dealership that they screwed up the title paperwork and they need us to fill out new forms. This means that with less than a week left on the temporary tag, we found out the title/tag process had not even begun yet. This failure was blamed on another new hire. London Richardson was a fantastic salesman. The other two guys were some of the most unprofessional people I've probably ever dealt with. When we called (prior to the title mess) to complain, Nate Nunn apologized profusely and even promised to mail us some complementary tickets to the Biltmore - that was a couple weeks ago now and still no sign of those. My take - stay away from these guys. The team there has some diamonds and they have some junk. Our experience was 90% junk with London being the only bright spot. Maybe we just had a perfect storm, but it just keeps rolling on us. We're not even mad anymore, we're just embarrassed for these guys.

London Richardson