Oil change and tire rotation - Papawky
Great group, very professional and courteous. Dealership was clean, service was quick and I would recommend this dealership to all of my friends
Fast, friendly service!!! - RON3N8
Fast and friendly service, didn't seem like I was there very long, to get oil done and tires rotated. Will continue to bring my vehicle here. A++++
Mazdaspeed Miata MX-5 - JTClark62
Jacky Jones' Internet Sales (Mandi) was outstanding in her dealings with me (an out of state buyer). She was patient and joyful to work with and I'd buy from her again. The Service team did a good job going through the car and getting it ready for delivery but used too glossy a protectant on the interior (which I had to take off).
Hint: There are products on the market that bring back the original matte finish we see on new cars.
Only other complaint was the car was delivered with about 1/2 tank of gas.
Poor body shop workmanship - disapointed
My 2017 Canyon was unfortunately damaged by someone else's negligence. Kirk Automotive was recommended by my insurance carrier and since the truck was purchased from Kirk, it only seemed logical to have their body shop handle the repairs to the two drivers side doors. After their third attempt to make the repairs, they finally got the two doors straight. No more dents or wrinkles. Problem now is the doors no longer match the rest of the truck color. The painter and the body shop foreman both agree the color does not match and the cause is there are too many coats of base and intermediate color on the doors. Well duh, if the doors would have been straightened correctly the first time, maybe the color would match. Now their solution is to repaint the two drivers side fenders in an attempt to "blend" the paint.
Service Department - Fakinleye
Excellent service, friendly environment, nice people. Caleb, in Service, is the best. He always goes above and beyond to make sure any customer’s need is satisfied to the fullest.
Have had to take my new 2011 GMC in 8 times in the first... - darylwest
Have had to take my new 2011 GMC in 8 times in the first 3 months of service and they still have no clue why the check engine light keeps coming on. The local dealership and corporate GMC keep sending me in the run-around to each other. I have documented the case below - both my interactions with the local dealer and with GMC corporate.
Don Ledford – Athens, TN
1. 1/7/11 (#1) – Lady scoffed at me on the phone and told me it was probably the gas cap but to bring it in. When it got there, they told me there was a recall by GM on the spark plug wires and yet mine were not replaced even though I just bought the truck. In addition, there were no parts in inventory for this known problem.
2. 1/14/11 (#2) – Check Engine - Installed parts ordered for Recall Notice from first contact on 1/7/11.
3. 1/27/11 (#3) - Don Ledford - Check Engine Light (AGAIN) – Codes indicate spark plug #5 “issues”. Not sure what was replaced or if there was anything, I expected they would fix it. I start documenting on the next issue.
4. 2/24/11 (#4) - This time it came on Tuesday the 22nd on the way home from Oakridge – longer drive – maybe 50 – 60 miles, interstate with cruise control, no real burden on the engine, no noticed ill effect from the light. I did however notice that it blinked a few times over a period of a second or two before it came on and stayed on. Tank ½ full.
Mechanic spoke to me and told me he was unable to duplicate and was at a loss as to what was going on. Spark plugs 5 & 8 are misfiring, 8 is the worst. Prior times only spark plug 5 had been mentioned.
No parts were changed, mechanic reset the codes. They want me to try and put a pattern to what is going on and come back if it happens again, put it on my shoulders. Of course we know it will happen again.
I had oil changed with coupon, tires rotated and they charged me $14 for the change even though I had continued problems with a BRAND NEW TRUCK!
5. 3/1/11 (#5) - 9:50pm – Running down interstate at 70mph with cruise control set. Drive from Knoxville – about 30 miles was about half way home. Every time remembered, cruise control was set – at least this one and last one, 70mph is a standard setting. It registered 44 deg F, it was a clear night, had been a beautiful day – temp at 58 for a high. My Instantaneous Economy read V8 – 30mpg. It was under really no strain and did not appear to act up at all. I had recently put a tank of 93 octane in to see if that might help, I had been running 87 octane in all prior tanks. All tanks are at 10% ethanol. Tank at ¾ full.
3/2/11 – 2:30pm – Took truck in, they had me a loaner ready from Enterprise. Tried to tell them my pattern information that they requested in #4, but they were uninterested. Asked me to keep them in case they need them but would be working with GMC – the people who build the engine and design them, etc. This led me to believe that #4 was just a put-off to get me out of there for the day as there is no apparent value to the data I had collected.
3/5/11 – Went to pick up truck, they told me the mechanic had to drive 60 miles but did not duplicate the problem – duh, it takes a couple of weeks of driving. They did not want to give me any gas for the driving but relented after some complaining. After getting in my truck, I noticed that the mechanic had been smoking in my truck as the window ledge was grey with ash and stained even though I am a non-smoker. Very disrespectful.
6. 3/21/11 (#6) – 10:45pm – Running down interstate around 70mph, accelerated to pass and check engine came on. Called Ana with GMC and gave her a heads up asked her to call.
3/22/11 – 8am Called and talked to either Rachel or Christine in service, I asked if I would have to leave it and that last time they had told me it would be mechanical if it happened again – she said lets just scan it first and see. 2:30pm appointment. 4pm – they gave me truck back, still not a clue locally or at corporate with issue – recorder installed.
7. 3/25/11 (#7) –10:45pm – Running down interstate around 70mph, no acceleration, constant speed and CEL came on. Hit the button on the data recorder, waited a second and hit it again. Will have to wait till Monday to call Don Ledford.
3/28/11 – Took truck in, come to find out they had installed the wrong data recorder and the incident had not been recorded. They put a new one in the truck after spending 2 ½ hours trying to work with GMC on how to program it for my truck.
8. 3/28/11 – Same night after last reset of code, CEL comes on again on way home from ITT. Doing 70mph on cruise, the recorder started flashing on its own as soon as the CEL came on.
3/29/11 – Called Don Ledford, the mechanic wants me to drive around while the engine faults out a few more times to make sure the recorder gets good information.
1. 3/1/11 - Filed complaint over their website for a problem with my vehicle.
2. 3/2/11 - Called back – 4:25pm, Verified information but was again uninterested in any of the details I had on what was wrong. I told him the truck was at the dealership now. He called Linda then said he would fwd claim on. Should hear back in 24 – 48 hours from a GMC Representative for this area.
3. 3/3/11 – Agent (Ana Lopez) called me around 10:30am, still did not have story straight. Asked me when I last had it at the shop. I told her yesterday and it is still at the shop, I have a rental. She told me that she would call Don Ledford service and then get back with me.
4. 3/22/11 – Called Agent (Ana Lopez) at 8am and left message, no return call. Called again at 4:30 to update her and left another message stating I wanted to exchange my truck. Linda at Don Ledford had given me 800-222-1020 as customer service number. Called this number and was eventually routed back to Ana’s direct number. I told them I had left 2 messages today and they put me on hold later finding that Ana was out today. I left another message that I wanted to exchange my truck.
5. 3/23/11 – 3/25/11 – Called Ana Lopez daily explaining my dissatisfaction with GMC and begging / pleading for her help with no return calls. On 3/25 my Check Engine light came on again and Ana still hadn’t spoken to me about the prior instance.
6. 3/28/11 – Called Ana twice today, still no return call. Don Ledford Athens said they have not heard from her. Filed another complaint over the GMC website. Called the GMC number that was sent with e-mail from filing complaint on website. They told me that Ana had been trying to call me but I didn’t have any missed calls or messages. They put me on hold for 20 minutes then finally forwarded me to Ana to leave a message.
7. 3/29/11 – Called Ana around 11am, still no answer or returned call.