"AVOID AVOID AVOID"
Here's just a short list of what I have learned since first stepping foot into Riverhead Toyota back in 2014:
1) Jay in sales is a flat out LIAR. He begins every introduction with a big smile and handshake and talks to you like you're best friends and throws the word "family" around like it's nothing. Trust me..family does not treat you the way Jay will treat you. You've been forewarned!
2) Matt in finance is similar to Jay but in a sneakier way. He'll tell you that every monthly payment he's calculating is the best he can do. It's not. Don't believe a word he says. He'll tell you that he tried calling 20 plus banks to get you the best rate. Lie. He only wants to work with Toyota financial so he can get the highest commission.
3) The service department on a whole is crooked. We blew a transmission on our Highlander. $6400 dollars later after 2 weeks of being without a car (No loaner car either. They really didn't care about this catastrophic event we just had to endure) we drive out of there and the dash in the car started going haywire. We had to bring it back again for another issue that was NOT flagged before they fixed the transmission. Hmmmm. Had to leave it at the service department again for a damaged part that costed us another $250. I can only assume that the part was damaged by their mechanics because the part was adjacent to the transmission. They didn't care from the second we brought it in to the second we left.
4) The car wash people are a joke. I was given a card with free car washes on it with the purchase of my new car. I forgot to get the card back after my 1st wash and noticed it before I got home. I went back to retrieve my car wash card and the guy running the place said he didn't have it. I laughed in disgust and asked for a new card and he said NO. Could it be he didn't want to wash cars for free? Of course. My guess is they try pocketing those cards and play dumb when you want it back because they'd rather get paid cash. Had to go back in and get one from my salesman...after a fight of course. Was so nauseated by this that I chose not to go back anyway.
5) Another manager named Chris actually recommended that I REPO my bad lease. He suggested that I leave the car stranded at the dealer and repo it. Suggested bankruptcy to get a new deal with him. (All highly unethical practices). See how these guys work? I made a mistake signing onto a bad lease and they took full advantage of us. Jay told us the residual value on the Highlander would be so high that upon reaching our allotted mileage on our lease, we would be able to trade it in for another vehicle...or possibly refinance. When we reached our mileage, they wanted nothing to do with us. We were shown the door.
6) Chad was actually the only bright spot. Good guy. Really took his time to help us a few weeks ago. We went in and explained our situation and was very understanding. It wasn't until he dumped our file onto Matt's desk the following morning where all of our progress went to xxxx. See? Good old Matt again. Chad gave us positive numbers to our advantage and we finally thought Riverhead Toyota was going to come through. WRONG! Matt called the next day and said "I don't know what numbers Chad told you...but THESE are the REAL numbers" and of course those numbers were nowhere near what Chad had said.
7) Westbury Toyota came through in the end. Thank God for them. They took their time with us and fixed all of our issues. They made it so much less complicated for us to get out of that bad lease. We spent the last few days happy as clams dealing the many of the other car dealers on Long Island while trying to find a new vehicle. Most, if not all of them, are working within our budget and within our credit to work out a deal. Now we have choices. Even 2 luxury car companies in Western Suffolk have quoted us with a lower monthly finance payments then what Matt and Toyota were offering....and for much nicer vehicles too.
I feel liberated not being a part of the Riverhead Toyota "family" anymore. The chokehold is finally off. Good riddance!!!
"Very positive and welcoming "
- Unterweiser 22
Our sale rep Jay is a very positive, caring, and welcoming person. He was and is always available to you as a consumer. My wife and I have purchase three vechile with Jay and all of our experiences have been great.
"Horrible customer service "
Once the sale is made forget the customer! Paperwork mistakes, no time to properly explain features of car, incorrect instillation of dealer options, no return of phone calls, etc!
"Great buying experience. "
Easiest purchase great staff. Great pricing
I was in and out with a couple of hours
Helped accomedate all of my needs
Would absolutely buy a mother vehicle from them
"My new 2017 RAV4 XLE-Jay Scholl "
- Ernie G
I hadn't bought a new vehicle in 15 years. Jay was awesome! He was more than accommodating, he was a no pressure easy going salesman. I felt totally relaxed & I recommend you seek him out! He's the BEST!
"Great as always "
- Toyota lover
Great service wouldn't buy my truck at any other Toyota dealer my service advisor is the best. They service truck in a timely manner.
Other Employees Tagged:
"Jay Scholl and Dan Gladd are Amazing"
My wife and I have been looking for a new vehicle to accomodate our growing family. My initial visit to the dealership gave me an opportunity to work with Dan Gladd in Mid-November as I was considering pre-owned. He allowed me to test drive about 6 different vehicles and provided me with all the information as possible when it came to the inventory I was looking and wasn't pushy and completely understood our scenario given that financing a pre-owned car would not work out as originally planned. Despite working on the used inventory he was more than happy to get information on leases for new inventory for me to take home and review. Fast Forward to black friday, My wife and my inlaws went to look at the potential of leasing a new Sienna. Dan was not in and we were reffered to Jay Scholl. Jay was very easy to work with - he was patient and was able to answer every question we had, and was completely transparent with the numbers and was willing to go above and beyond to accomodate us given that we were out of state customers. At the end of the day, we decided to procure the car from a local dealership because it was convenient from a distance and licensing of the car perspective. As a result of our positve experience, when our inlaws are in the market for a new or pre-owned car, they are going to head to toyota of riverhead and if we ever decided to move to Long Island and buy another car - Riverhead Toyota and Dan and Jay will be the ones I work with.
I leased a Toyota Highlander this weekend. This was my first experience at Riverhead Toyota and it was hands down the best dealership experience I have ever had leasing or purchasing a vehicle. The manager (Matt) and sales person (Jay) were very knowledgeable, honest and got me into my new car very quickly for a great price. I would highly recommend this dealership. I drove a distance from Nassau County Long Island and it was worth the trip!
Other Employees Tagged:
Great salesman no pressure but extremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with and the finance person was great too very honest people to deal with
My Lease was ending on my 2013 Venza. I wanted a Highlander this time. Riverhead Toyota had the exact one that I was looking for. Jay was and has always been very helpful and goes above and beyond for me. This is my 3rd vehicle leasing from Jay. Always has been a easy and stress free process.
Highly recommend Jay Scholl for leasing or purchasing a vehicle from Riverhead Toyota.