"Expiring GLC Lease looking to get a new GLC Lease"
I'm not sure if my previous reviews went through or not but I hope this works. I was looking to renew an soon to expire GLC lease to an new GLC. However, after dealing with Manish starting on Feb.15, I can only summarize my experience as VERY UNPRODUCTIVE.
He fed me lost of misinformation and I ended up having to do some leg work (that he should be doing) to get the information I needed. What I thought was an easy deal ended in me feeling very uncomfortable with working with Manish.
I'm now in a situation where I may either go to another Mercedes Dealer or a lease a different brand.
My apologies for venting...
"Expiring GLC Lease looking to renew to a new GLC Lease"
I previously wrote a review but not sure if I went through, so I'll do it again. I have a GLC lease that is expiring and looking to get a new Lease. I have speaking to Manish for about 2 weeks and I can only sum things up as VERY UNPRODUCTIVE. I found his information inaccurate and not factual. I understand that sales people don't know everything, but I do expect them to find the answer for me rather than saying something that is inaccurate.
I'm at point where I will either go to another Mercedes dealer of another car brand because I am not comfortable in dealing with Manish.
"Lease experience at Ray Catena Edison, NJ"
I went to Ray Catena Edison to lease Mercedes Benz E300. It is the biggest dealership in NJ. I was shocked to see their price manipulation, dishonesty and fraudulent practice. The sales agent who helped me was Mr. Manish Malhotra. He is a soft spoken young gentleman. We agreed on a deal and I wrote down the numbers which I confirmed with him multiple times. Next day I sent him $2000 down payment and he told me to come on Monday to pick up the car. I told him to email me the numbers of the deal so that I have some proof of the deal, which he never did. On Monday I went to the dealership with my wife and daughter to pick up the car and paid him the additional $2000 of down payment. Even though the deal was already done he spent hours going back and forth to the manger and kept manipulating the price. He gave me lot of papers to sign but kept the main lease contract till end. When I saw the lease contract I was astonished.
1. The gross cap cost was bumped up by almost two thousand dollars. When I questioned that, the sales agent and manager told me that $895 prepaid maintenance was added to that. When I added that number to the gross cap cost the price was still up by more than $1000. Interestingly the $895 prepaid maintenance was also included in the down payment. So it was charged twice.
2. The sales agent told me that my previous car registration has expired and added more than $200 in my down payment, but actually my registration was valid until May 2020 which I showed him.
3. I complained to the manager that the price has been manipulated and showed him the original deal which I had done with the sales agent, but his answer was that, "if I do not like it I can walk away". So after spending hours, signing tons of papers and leaving $4000 of down payment I left the dealership. Manager promised me that my $4000 will be refunded back soon.
A piece of advise to the people who are planning to lease a car,
1. Look at the gross cap cost very carefully. This is the price which you agree to pay after discount (MRSP-discount = Gross cap cost.) because your final monthly payment depends upon that. Dealer will try to keep you focused on monthly payment and will manipulate the price and you won't be able to realize it.
2. Look at the down payment numbers very carefully and see what is included in that.
3. If you are looking for Mercedes Benz try to avoid Ray Catena of Edison.
In the end I will request Mercedes Benz to look in to the fraudulent practice of Ray Catena of Edison. They are damaging the reputation of Mercedes.
"First class experience "
I am on my third Mercedes lease and every time I go into this dealer, they find a way to outdo themselves. I have had nothing but positive experiences here.
Manish was a pleasure to work with. He made the process as simple as possible. I would recommend him to anyone who wants to buy/lease a Mercedes.
For 10 years my family and I have been doing business with Ray Catena. I couldn’t have been happier to finally buy a Benz this time around. Manish is an exceptional person who made everything easier for us. Seriously, this is the hospitality anyone needs when it comes to purchasing a vehicle. He made it so smooth and was extremely friendly and caring. Thank you for your service. You as well as the staff at Ray Catena are much appreciated.
"Welcome to Mercedes-Benz "
- Eleni Budeli
5 Stars to the man while sold me my first Mercedes Benz. I’ve been to several dealerships and no one showed the dedication and security that Manish had. He was super easy to talk to, understood with everything I was looking for and most importantly worked around our budget. I’m not one to leave a review but I will when someone leaves a lasting impression. Thank you so much Manish at Ray Catena I look forward to continuing business with you all!
He charged our card for a 2019 s450 lease on a friday ,but never had the car...He kept moving back the delivery date,from friday the day we leased it ,until now ,no idea maybe next week .WE wasted 4 hrs there and were supposed to come home with a car...
.now we have go through the refund process. . This is my 3rd lease from them in 3 yrs.I WAS a repeat customer....NO MORE !!!
"Elegant and drives like butter"
The customer experience is top notch with Manish as your trusted adviser, patiently guiding and listening to your questions. Professional and no sales pressure tactics. A very pleasant experience and made our transaction very easy.
"Accommodating and extremely helpful"
- Ms. Manz
Manish was professional and persistent in getting me in the right Mercedes. I was looking for a new leasing deal after leasing with Ray Catena Infiniti. I wanted to downsize from an SUV but was a little hesitant with moving into a car. Manish help with the right size and at the right price. He had many customers but kept me on his priority list and called me throughout the process.
"Great experience, super easy, & prompt "
Barry was very helpful at helping us pick out our car. He listened to what features I wanted in the car and helped me pick out the right car for me. He was very good at compromising a good deal for me. Very professional. We originally were to meet Manish, however being occupied with another customer he referred us over to Barry. Overall experience was very good, easy and prompt.