Easy,no pressure lowest pricing around, quick process. The best selection of new and used Toyota's in the upstate, others claim lower prices, THEY DELIVER.
Other Employees Tagged:
I had a great experience why at the Toyota company of green ille I would reccomend anyone that's looking for a car to go there I'm glad that I went there first it was the best choice I made in 2018 thanks to them Christmas came early to me
"grear!!!!!!! Go see Steve Jenkins. "
Best experience ever. You cant go wrong with Steve Jenkins. Rebecca Bugg was excellent also. Our second new car purchase from this dealership, we will be back again.
"Excellent Service from Steve Jenkins!"
- Brandon Green
I had the pleasure of purchasing a car at Toyota of Greenville due to the level of hospitality I received from Steve Jenkins. I was in Greenville from Charlotte and happened to touch base with him regarding a color combination they had in stock. Initially I just wanted to ‘look’ at the color, but the great service from Steve prevented me from visiting or pursuing one of the six other dealerships in the Charlotte area. He was extremely helpful in answering all my questions regarding the new Camry and even let me kick up the stereo a bit in the showroom. I highly recommend Steve J. and this dealership due to the great service I received and have recommended friends from Charlotte to Steve for their future purchase. The customer service is unmatched and it’s worth the drive!
"Not a "Worry Free Exprience""
I have finally had enough with Toyota of Greenville (ToG) and decided to write a review. In order to get the facts out, seem less boring, and get to the point, I will list out the problems in chronological order.
Far from ToG slogan of "Worry Free Experience."
1. I was having trouble with my previously great experience purchase ToG vehicle and the service department taking over 3 different times to fix the same simple problem with that vehicle so I decided to just upgrade and buy a new vehicle. (They finally stopped sending me service experience surveys since I was apparently hurting their rating with my constant bad reviews)
2. I left a message for the "Exchange Manager" James Durham on two different times to contact me but I never heard back from him. He must be really busy. (on a funny side note, when you go to his web page "toyotaofgreenville.com/vehicle-exchange" and click on the bottom "new inventory" link, it takes you to Greenville Toyota in NORTH Carolina. I even pointed this out to someone during my horrible experience here and it is still there some 3 months later!) Plus they have too many pop ups.
3. I then sent an email to the internet manager since James would not talk to me about trying to buy a new car and Steve Jenkins emailed me back. Then apparently I was put on ignore since my follow up emails with questions went to his "spam filter" as he later stated. Why is buying a new car so difficult.
4. Since I received no response back I drove to ToG and was put in touch with Josh Reeise since Steve was unavailable. This visit was a complete waste of my time and was the typical car salesman back and forth, and "what will it take to get the deal done", hit the customer with an outrageous price and beat them up attitude. Josh is a terrible and typical sales person. AVOID him please! (More on this later) So I leave mad and angry, but of course typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh doesn't care.
5. I use a friend at another local dealership that put me in touch with Dexter Moore at ToG since I wanted to buy a new car and knew exactly what I wanted. I told him what I wanted, I knew exactly what that was still, and he then called me a few days later when he had it on the lot.
6. My wife and I go to the dealership to look at this new car and Dexter was very helpful but unfortunately put me back working with the typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh even after I asked not to deal with him. The only problem with the car initially was that there was a pin stripe on it that I wanted removed. Typical tel you anything you want to hear salesman Josh said, "it would be no problem" and reassured me that it was a "tape" style and not painted on stripe and it COULD be removed. I knew this was another typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh response to get me to buy the car. I don't sale cars and I knew it was painted on versus a sticker.
7. Then after my wife threatened to walk when Dexter wanted to play the back and forth numbers haggling game, he finally gave us some numbers for our trade and the new car we decided to go forward. We asked them to complete the buying process as quickly as possible but it still took use THREE HOURS to get out of there.
8. Now the typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh" comes back and says the pin stripe is painted on and they cannot get it off. I knew it was painted on already and wanted them to get it off but typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh insisted now that it could not come off. (Amateur me figured out how to remove it in 5 minutes on Youtube when the professionals could not do it at all. Pathetic service!) When typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh told me it was painted on and could not be removed he actually says, and I quote, "I've never seen a painted on pin stripe." Really? Really typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh?
9. I finally got to get into the finance manager's office, Marlone Woodmore and this was actually the best experience at ToG, for now. It was quick, easy and he did not pressure me to much into buying other items I did not need. THREE HOURS later I am finally about ready to leave.
10. I then went over the vehicle before I left and found a chip in the hood in the front and wanted it fixed. Typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh agreed that it would be fixed.
11. The sale is now over but I still had a few issues to fix on a BRAND NEW car and I will now explain those and my far from "Worry Free Experience."
12. I have programmed a lot of Home Link systems in my life but I was not able to program this one no matter how hard I tried or what I did. I went back to ToG, spoke with Steve Jenkins again and he did a few of the exact same things in my car to the Home Link that I had done and told me he fixed it and to leave! Of course I go home, it still does not work so I call Home Link and spend about 3.5-4 hours no the phone with them on a couple of different times, email them several times, and I still cannot get this thing to work. Home Link advised me on two different occasions that the system in the car was broken and i need to take it back to the dealership and have them replace it under warranty. Remember, this is a BRAND NEW car that I am having to sped hours to get fixed.
13. I set up an appointment with ToG through typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh to get this Home Link and chip fixed. Typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh even calls out Jay Torres to get a manager to "OK" the chip repair before it is repaired. Soon typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh calls me and tells me the chip cannot be repaired the way they originally though and therefore they were going to have to repaint the hood of my BRAND NEW car. I agree to this and he says he will send the car over NOW to have the Home Link repaired and this would get fixed quickly since the painting was going to have to take days now and my BRAND NEW car had to wait till they could "get to it" even though I had an appointment that day to bring the car in for that chip repair. This was well before lunch. Then the more I thought about it the more I did not want the metallic colored hood repainted so I called to get my car back. Since typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh would not call me back so I could tell them not to paint the hood, I go to ToG after 5pm that day to just pick up my BRAND NEW car that was already in the shop, had an appointment to be fixed but still had to wait till "they could get to it." Upon arrival I was beyond mad to find out that the Home Link had not even been looked at because they needed my garage remote to work on it. I asked why one of the 5 remotes just for the service bays couldn't be used and became very upset with no explanation and just asked for my car back. Typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh did not even care that I was so angry and just let me leave mad and upset. He had his money and the sale was over so of course he did not care how I felt. I finally just got on the internet and spent hours reading forums and asking questions and figured out how to fix it myself.
14. After saying all that I was not going to write a review about my experience but after I pulled a credit report on myself and found a few things I did not understand that were on there from the day we bought the car, I decided to finally write this review to warns others. Especially to warn people about typical tell you anything you want to hear salesman Josh. Since I did not know what these items were on the report and the bank wanted an explanation, I had to call and find out. I tried twice to contact Marlon Woodmore and left messages but he his apparently now to busy to return my phone calls since the sale is now completed. I finally contacted my original car dealer referral friend and he helped me figure out what the items on the credit report were about and what I should do to resolve them from when I used ToG to buy my car.
Thanks for reading this and remember this if nothing else, there are other close Toyota dealerships out there that will probably give you better service during and after the sale. If you can, use a buying service like Costco or American Express to cut out all the haggling and make the buying process a lot simpler and easier.
One last thing.
15. Dear ToG, I have had some joy out of this experience. I have posted bad reviews and even better, told my friends on social media. I know it is working because I have had 2 close friends actually call and personally ask me about my experience and who they should talk to if they go to ToG. Thankfully I talked one out of going to ToG and they bought a car at another dealership. The other I don't think ended up buying a car anywhere.
(Finally, I do not expect ToG to respond to this review since they have not responded to hardly anything else I have asked for.)