Read Reviews Berlin City Auto Group

485 Main Street
Gorham, New Hampshire 03581

(877) 206-5180

Berlin City Auto Group
Manufacturers: Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Kia, Nissan, Lincoln, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Service Center

3.7

3.8

3.9

3.7

4.1

based on 7 reviews

Overall
3.8

3.8 out of 5

43 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Berlin City Auto Group

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Berlin City Auto Group

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"I never new car buying could be so good!"

bonnie0510
4/19/2014 10:21:13 PM

Stefan
Tracy

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

I just bought my used Mazda Cx-9 tonight from Berlin City Auto of Portland, ME. The experience was awesome. I called about the car last night (at 6pm.) I spoke with Stefan who gave me a top dollar appraisal for my old trade in ($600-$1000 more than other places) over the phone. I was able to do most of the paperwork over the phone including texting pictures of our licences/insurance paperwork. They were almost unable to deliver the car today but being a holiday weekend, but I really wanted the new car for my family trip. Tracy in financials worked hard and got someone to drive it down 2 1/2 hours to NH today at 515 pm. I met him at my husbands work so we could both sign the paperwork and 15 min later I drove away in my new car and they drove away in my trade-in. They were able to beat USAAs financing rate with no headaches! I also got extended coverage at a great price. I love this dealership and won't go anywhere else in the future. Berlin City really does = easy. I love them and recommend them to anyone!

Twitter
"This dealer pulled the typical yo-yo financing/spot..."

badreligion9265
2/12/2014 6:30:31 PM

Paul Maurais
Josh and Mark from Finance

1.6

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

This dealer pulled the typical yo-yo financing/spot delivery scam. They gave me a quote, I accepted the quote as well as the financing agreement. The terms of the loan were figured based on my already approved credit application which I had provided via phone. The vehicle was delivered to my house on a Sunday night, and the very next day a Finance manager named Mark called me to explain "The financing fell through, we need you to sign a new contract with a higher APR".

He said his financing assistant Josh was new and made a mistake, well if the financing was never finalized why would you deliver a car almost 7 hours away!! That is right I agreed to the quote/loan terms on a Friday, and it was on Sunday they decided to drive the car 7+hours to NJ to drop it off before the financing went through supposedly...... How convenient they deliver on a day they can claim they submitted the application in which most financial institutions are closed....

Yea look this up its your typical scam, dealerships know within minutes based on your credit score which loans/lenders you are applicable for, so their excuse of sorry we thought you would get approved is complete BS and is part of a orchestrated scheme to extract more money from the consumer. I have absolute excellent credit by the way, there is no reason what so ever I should be declined, I was already pre-approved for an auto-loan by 2 banks and 1 credit union at the lowest rate they offer.

If you are considering buying from this dealership do yourself a HUGE FAVOR AND DO NOT BOTHER. YOU WILL REGRET IT GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter
"Andy was very helpful. He helped me expend all of my..."

jgosselin34
1/22/2014 8:07:21 PM

Andy Moser

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

Andy was very helpful. He helped me expend all of my possible options as a first time buyer. I am very happy with the rate I got and would do business here again.

Twitter
"If you work with Berlin City, avoid Andrew Caouette at..."

TheGeneralLee
11/19/2013 10:47:24 AM

Andrew Caouette

2.0

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

If you work with Berlin City, avoid Andrew Caouette at all costs! He repeatedly told me that the price given was the final out-the-door cost with no hidden fees, then at the last minute added around a $1,000 for additional items that are not mandatory. When I confronted him about these hidden charges, he was downright confrontational and anything but professional.

When I drove to the dealership to buy the vehicle, I found significant damage that I was not told about. Andrew played dumb and pretended like he didn't know it was there.

He also guaranteed me an agreed price for my trade-in, which he did not honor at time of sale.

Everyone else at Berlin City was great to work with, except Andrew Caouette.

Twitter
"The salesperson Mike was fantastic. I bough a Kia Soul..."

MAP77
8/26/2013 2:25:42 PM

Mike Jamie

3.5

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

The salesperson Mike was fantastic. I bough a Kia Soul and I would tell anyone to go to Mike. The real issue is Jamie in financing. I came in pre approved by my bank but Jamie kept pushing the financing by trying to say that my interest rate was conditioned on 20% down. Mind you this was through my bank- why would he think he knew my loan terms. I even called my loan officer just to confirm that my interest rate was locked in regardless of what I put down. He was pushy and rude. However, with that said I would go back to Mike in a hearbeat and you should too my advice is to either 1. walk in pre approved and don't even let them try to get you a better interest rate because then you will have to deal with Jamie or if you do deal with Jamie double check everything he says. Also, I found Jamie to be very condescending- he kept " telling" me things as though I was an idiot and spoke down to me. I found the financing department overall to be difficult and rude (perhaps because I was a women). When I asked for the documents to review before the car was delivered I was told they could not fax them due to banking laws. However, when the car came to the home I saw fees that had not been explained and as an attorney I read everything before signing it. When I inquired I was treated again by the financing department a bothersome. It says a lot about how great Mike was that despite what I wrote about Jamie I will go back when we are ready to buy another car in the future. He was nice, easy going and helpful. Also the sales manager at Kia was beyond helpful!

Twitter
"I contacted Berlin City via internet, received a prompt..."

chaywood
3/18/2013 9:28:32 AM

Joe Sabins

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

I contacted Berlin City via internet, received a prompt response and follow up requests were dealt with in a timely manner. I came to the dealership, met with Joe Sabins, went for a test ride, made my decision, was given a fair price for my trade, and out the door in less than 3 hours! I am the proud owner of a 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab. Thank you! Colette Haywood, Littleton, NH

Twitter
"Both Missy & Jamie made us feel good about our..."

**jms1949
10/26/2012 8:02:37 PM

Missy Theriault & Jamie Hoglund

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

Both Missy & Jamie made us feel good about our transaction. We felt like they really wanted our business. It was worth the trip from Norway, ME and we love our new Highlander...

Twitter
"Completely incompetent service department. Brought..."

posbuyer
4/11/2012 3:55:40 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
MANY

2.4

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

Completely incompetent service department. Brought vehicle in for a simple oil change and they did not even bother to finish the job. Couldn't identify the malfunction that caused my brand new vehicle to completely shut down while driving.

Twitter
"I have been in this business 15 years.I order parts and..."

nhlinda
3/22/2012 9:15:02 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: Yes
Employee(s) Dealt With:
All the guys in the parts department

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

I have been in this business 15 years.I order parts and check them in.I must say the woan who has delivered to the shop for the last 12 years is AWESOME.Her name is June.She is always so pleasant and positive.Never saw her have a bad(I am sure she has seen a few of mine) She goes the extra mile.She always ask me if I am happy with how things are going,if there are any problems? Which I am proud to say there is NOT.
With that all said..........Thanks June!!!!!

Twitter
"Great experience buying my Honda CRV! I would absolutely..."

Alice Douse
3/12/2012 6:27:48 AM

Missy Theriault

My Review Of Berlin City Auto Group:

Great experience buying my Honda CRV! I would absolutely buy there again. Missy even came in on her day off so I could pick up my new car!! I would recommend Berlin City to everyone after the experience I had there.

Reviews 11-20 >>