Acura of Boston

Kevin Hosein, Pre-Owned Vehicle Manager, Acura of Boston

Kevin Hosein

Pre-Owned Vehicle Manager

June 02, 2018

"Scam customers with unnecessary repair"

- Vince

I noticed my car's brake had some intermittent issue. A local shop checked and said everything was fine. Anyway I asked them to replace the brake fluid since it hasn't been replaced for several years. I brought it to Boston Acura and hoped they would have better diagnosis tools and find the root cause. I left the car with the service guy Bob. A couple of hours later, he called and claimed my car needed new brake fluid and front brakes. I asked if he was sure that's the cause, and he said if the problem didn't go away and they would probably change the master cylinder. I declined the service and got a $150 diagnosis charge. This was not the first time I noticed this kind of behavior at Boston Acura. I think I'm done with that dealership for life.

April 25, 2018

"Helpful sales person"

- jim24

The sales person that I dealt with, Ed Martens, was helpful, informative and courteous. It made the process of purchasing a car a much better experience. I would recommend him

Ed Martens

March 24, 2018

"Maintenance Check on Vehicle"

- nukydz

I met Bob on the day of my service appointment. It was a pretty routine conversation at the start. He asked, what brings you here? I told him, I saw some fluids stain under my car and we had back to back snowstorm over the last couple weeks. I was really concerned "what if" I had run over something that could have had ripped a hose. The fluid was green/blue-ish color. I checked online and it said it can be either the washer fluid or radiator fluid. The latter really concerned me and that was what brought me here. He informed me that the initial check for this work was X-dollar. In my mind, that's fine. However, I wanted them to check for anything of unusual that I should be concerning about (while I am here already.) He said he wouldn't know until they start working on it and if they do find anything, they will let me know. I asked him to do an overall check of the vehicle on top of what my concern was. I guess this was where the misunderstanding started. He may have thought that I just wanted them to do a free inspection and then I take my car elsewhere for service. I guess this had happened before. I don't doubt it. He said he cannot just do the multiple points-visual inspections (MPVI) alone. I was infuriated at this time. Remind you, this is at 8 in the morning without any coffee in me yet. In my mind, what is wrong with doing an overall health check of my car after you finished checking the initial problem? The MPVI was pretty much a courteous check to inform their customer of what to expect in the future for service. I wanted them to do a MPVI first then address the fluid issue. However, from a service point of view, it seems that it was better to address the fluid issue first then do the overall car health. I didn't bother to argue which further and decided to check the car in for service so that they can start working on the fluid issue. The mechanics checked and did not find any leakage from the radiator or anywhere near. Bob came to my sitting area and asked me to come with him to look at the car with them. They showed me the area where the radiator/washer fluid was located and it was dried. I was relieved. I read articles of people doze off during a long drive and caused an accident due to a radiator leak. Later he came by with the MPVI paper and explained to me what might have happened to my car and currently my car is in good shape. I apologized for making the earlier conversation tense. Bob was cool about it. My review reflected on Bob's professionalism on this situation. He did what was needed to be done to address his customer concerns and try to do it well. I believe he handled it very well. Hoang N.

Acura of Boston, Brighton, MA, 02135