Arik's Deals On Wheels

6144 Kester Ave., Van Vuys, California 91411 Directions

2 Reviews of Arik's Deals On Wheels

June 05, 2005

"I bought a 1996 Dodge Indy am from these people in..."

- wwotr

I bought a 1996 Dodge Indy am from these people in February 2005.
Since then I have spent $1600.00 in repairs and the Transmission JUST went out on Tuesday (5/8/05)!
When I took it into the Dealership the 1st time, they told me they wouldn't let ANY of their Techs drive it, until the Pitman Arm was changed, as it was in such bad condition.
I had driven that Truck from Los Angeles to my home
(435 Miles North), not knowing that this was in diss-repair.
I have e-mailed my salesman asking him to pay 50% of the total cost of repairs and he declined.
I have written the Better Business Bureau and the Bureau Of Automotive Repair.
The California Department Of Consumer Affairs wrote to me and told me that Deals On Wheels was a "Business that did not require registration/licensure with any regulatory body within the Department, but that my issue may fall within the authority of the California Department of Justice, Office Of The Attorney General and the Los Angeles County Department Consumer Affairs.
My complaint has been "forwarded" to BOTH agency's.
Perhaps with some contact from your organization, I may be able to reap some satisfaction from this unscrupulous seller.
It took every penny I had to buy this vehicle and once it broke down, it sat in my garage for 6 weeks, until I could save up the funds to repair it.
It lasted 2 weeks until the Transmission gave out and now it's back in my Garage AGAIN!
With estimates being in the $2K-$3K range, GOD knows how long it will be until I can get it repaired!

Roger

ALAN MORALES
December 28, 2004

"On Labor Day weekend 2004, I bought a red Kia Sportage..."

- ALBERTO

On Labor Day weekend 2004, I bought a red Kia Sportage 1998 in an excellent condition according to their add. I TOLD THEM i WANTED A GOOD CAR BECAUSE I WAS PLANNING TO TAKE IT OVERSEAS TO SPAIN AT THE END OF NEXT SUMMER. It only had 59k miles and seemed to be a good deal. I paid them $6000. SINCE then I had taken the car to the garage 4 times and spent $2000 to have different parts fixed. Yesterday i was on the freeway , the check engine light came on , the car lost power and stopped. the radiator broke and the main hose came off. As a result the engine got damaged and i need to have the head gasget rebuilt, that will be about $3000. was the car in such a good condition?
i expressed my complaint after I had to pay the $2000 and faxed the bills to the dealer, when I still haven't finished paying for the car.
they hung up the phone on me.
OBVIOUSLY IT WAS NOT A GOOD INVESTMENT!!!

Shasha