Audi Danbury - Service Center

Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.

David Guertin, Service Advisor, Audi Danbury

Al Cretacci

September 07, 2018

"John Hanson "

- jpa20817

John Hanson is the reason I keep coming to Danbury Audi to have my various Audi vehicles serviced. He is very knowledgable and tells it like it is.

John Hanson

June 15, 2018

"They Can't Schedule Appointments"

- Chucks

The Service Department has contacted me and scheduled a Takata airbag recall repair on three different occasions. The first two times, I was contact either a day or two before the scheduled appointment and told that the appointment had to be cancelled because they didn’t receive the part. Last week I was contacted by the service department and again scheduled for the recall repair on Friday, June 15, 2018. Given my past experiences, I specifically asked and was told that the part was available. I also received a call on Thursday, June 14, 2018 confirming my appointment. I arrived at the Service Department and dropped the car off at 8:00 am on Friday, June 15, 2018. I got in my wife’s car (she had followed me there because no loaner cars were available) and we were less than a few hundred yards away from the dealership when I received a call and told that the permanent repair could not be done. When I ask why that is so I am told some gibberish about the massive size of the recall and the difficulty getting the necessary parts. Frankly, the issue and solution is not that complicated! Call and schedule the service when you have the parts necessary to do the repair and stop scheduling repairs that you are not ready to perform!

June 01, 2018

"Buyer Beware"

- mtadros

BUYER BEWARE The moral of the story IMHO: Anyone purchasing an Audi with the 4.0 TSFI engine in it (S6/7, RS6/7, A8, S8) has 2 options if they don’t want Audi leaving them out in the cold well things go wrong because of poorly designed/manufactured parts should EITHER buy the extended warranty package OR sell the vehicle when it reaches 40,000 miles. I got lucky, my S6 lasted almost 80,000 miles before needing repairs equal to 20% of it’s original cost, that’s twice as long as some of the other horror stories I’ve read about. The story: As a loyal Audi fan & customer, having purchased 20 new vehicles in the past 20 years for business and personal use, I feel obligated to share a recent experience with other consumers considering purchasing an Audi. In 2013 I purchased a new Audi S6 as well as 2 new Q5’s. I typically expect to get about 100,000 miles out of any Audi before any major issues come up and this is especially true on a $100,000.00 “precision-engineered for performance” S6. At 60,000 miles the drivers side cam adjuster on my S6 shredded itself to pieces, that was a $2500 out-of-pocket fix. This is a known issue both online and within Audi. At Audi, this issue is known within the Techline circles (they are very careful to not let the techs put anything in writing). Since I can not rely on Audi to stand behind their product, I am now left praying that the passenger side cam adjuster doesn’t shred itself as well. Now the S6 has 70,000 miles on it and the turbo shaft has desintigrated, causing the fans of both turbos to strike their respective turbo housings. Again, this should not happen on ANY car with less than 100,000 miles on it and is also a known issue within Audi circles, A quick Google search will bring up different Audi forums with cars having the same issue with as little as 44,000 miles on them. There is even a bulletin out for the techs (at least something in writing this time). Like with the cam adjuster issue, a recall for this kind of manufacturers fault is not in sight. Audi will not stand behind this design failure either. Their excuse in my case is a TD1 fault. A TD1 fault is an indication of the ECU being tampered with. For Audi, that “indication” is incontervertable proof of the vehicle being tuned, though I doubt that would hold up in court because this fault could also be caused by a techs own incompetence when the vehicle is being serviced. Either way, the vehicle was never tuned and certainly does not have a tune in it now. I would know, I’m the only owner the vehicle has ever had. When I asked if other vehichles with this problem were tuned or exhibited the same fault, I was told no they did not. Then today I was told they didn’t have ANY cars with this issue. It’s difficult to reconcile such contradicting information so, fortunately, direct information from the techs servicing the vehicles is not hard to come by, that’s where the information on the bulletin comes from. So, to use a TD1 fault as an excuse when other vehicles not having a TD1 fault are having identical issues is a poor business practice at best and intentional slimeball tactics at worst and should be taken into consideration by any potential customer. That being said, I was offered a very generous 10% discount on parts for my troubles. So not only will Audi not stand behind their product, they expect to make money fixing their design flaws??? That kind of reminds me of Audi in the 80’s with all of the electrical problems they were having. I’d rather have Audi do the right thing and then be slapped in the face, at least then I could consider buying the next 20 vehicles from Audi.

Tony Catalano