Dealer Reviews

Find the best dealership for you.

Service Reviews

Find good folks to fix your car.

Cars for Sale

Find the right car for you.

Car Recalls

Make sure your car is safe to drive.

Bavarian Select Auto

5270 E Trindle Road, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17050

July 29, 2011

"Jamie was a wonderful saleman, patient, reasonable. And..."

- LindLee

Jamie was a wonderful saleman, patient, reasonable. And the car I bought (a 2004 Audi A6 with 77,000 miles on it) was super clean. Bavarian gave me a limited three month mechanic's warranty. Unfortunately, Bavarian failed to clean out the drains under the battery (drains I'd never heard of) and drains in the four corners of the sun roof. As a result, two and a half months after I bought the car, it sustained $2,000 worth of damage to a computer module under the passenger's footwell, because water from the battery drains overflowed into the car. When I called Jamie to say water had gushed into my car, the first thing he said was "Did you park under any treees?" He therefore knew there was a problem with the drains on these Audis getting plugged. He never warned me about cleaning the drains. He never mentioned the drains. I had no idea there were such drains and that they could flood inside my car. This dealership is in Pennsylvania. I was now in another state, so bringing it back to Bavarian was out of the question. (The car had to be flatbedded, because it wouldn't shift out of park.) Here's the bottom line: I had not parked under any trees. When the Audi authorized mechanics looked at the drains they said they had not been cleaned "for several years." But when I bought the Audi their paperwork said it had been through a "300 point checklist." And I now know that Audi sent out a service notice that standard maintenance on these cars requires yearly clearning of these drains. Audi wouldn't give me a free computer module, even though it was an Audi design flaw that caused the problem, because I bought my car from an independent dealer (Bavarian). The warranty didn't cover the computer module. And so I was left spending $2,000, and being without a car for three weeks, less than three months after buying it. If you buy an Audi from Bavarian, be sure to ask if the sunroof drains and battery drains have been cleaned. They should have done it. My one recourse is going to be small claims court.

Jamie Sharkey