Blackhorse Motorworks Ltd

768 East Third Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40505 Directions

2 Reviews of Blackhorse Motorworks Ltd

April 11, 2015

"Scam outfit. Do not believe what you read about auto online."

- Ohmark

I read the review of the Mazda above with interest. I bought a Jaguar through eBay from this outfit. I guess Doug tells everyone the same story! Had it shipped and it was not as it was presented. Was told no wrecks and just a little interior wear and such. The paint job on the front bumper could have been done as well with a brush. The other damage was evident in the rear since nothing is aligned or fits properly. He said he lost money on the deal... The interior was clean but nothing works correctly. He said he would have kept it for himself when I called to get resolution about how they misreprented it online but it was too fast and he didn't want to get ticketed. He was absurd in his demeanor. Run away from these folks as fast as you can. Karen, on the other hand was always pleasant on the phone, bless her heart for having to work at such a scam outfit.

Doug, Karen
September 07, 2004

"I recently found a 97 Mazda Millenia on ebay and it was..."

- ELLENG

I recently found a 97 Mazda Millenia on ebay and it was with Blackhorse Motors in Lexington, Ky., since I live about an hour from them I called to inquire on the vehicle and was assured that it was perfect in every way (minus a few rock chips and some faint scratches in the clear coat). Not to mention a piece of masking tape approx. 4 1/2 ft long I peeled off the bottom of the front bumper( they were claiming no paint work)!
I took off work early on a Wednesday and had someone drive me up there to inspect the vehicle and when I started the inspection I immediately found out that it was less than what they were claiming. Keep in mind that I had already sent them a 500 dollar deposit so that they would hold the car until I could get there. The car was rough! It had tears in 4 different places in the leather (they claimed no tears) the drivers power seat button had to be coaxed into working, the headliner was showing dirt (they claimed it was immaculate) the transmission shifted out so hard in 4th gear that it jerked me and my passengers during the test drive, the rear end made a terrible grinding noise when stopping and then ended with a clunk, and the supercharged V6 motor was chattering and sluggish. Needless to say I didn't buy it but the salesman left me with someone else to argue about getting my deposit back (they state that if it is not exactly as described you don't buy it) guess deposits don't fit into that, after about 15 minutes of bickering about the fees he incurred to end the auction early and how he had lost money doing so he reluctantly gave me a check for 500 which I cashed immediatetly. I was really concerned because one of the other salesmen told me if I didn't buy it he was going to buy it for a family member of his (he told me all this while we were waiting for the car to be brought to the dealer location). Just goes to show you the line of bull they were willing to dish out to sell a vehicle. BUYER BEWARE