Community Motors Iowa City

1911 Keokuk St, Iowa City, Iowa 52240 Directions

1 Review of Community Motors Iowa City

April 03, 2015

"Car in shop days after purchase"

- Matt

I purchased a 2014 Chevy Cruze from this dealership and after getting most of the way through the sales process was told it was a GM Buyback vehicle due to the previous owner returning it. This would have been good information to divulge up front, but I was assured that the problem was fixed and had a warranty covering it. Within 3 days of owning it the car was in the shop for repairs. When contacting the dealership they seem to have a "one email per day" policy, and apart from the finance person I worked with, the rest seemed to be more interested in just assuring me that the repair is covered by a warranty than trying to resolve a customer issue. I emailed them numerous times regarding what options for recourse they had and was never offered any, so I feel other consumers should know the potential treatment they may receive after purchasing a vehicle from this dealership if they encounter any mechanical issues.

Brian