Huston Ford

10719 William Penn Hwy, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania 16652 Directions

1 Review of Huston Ford

May 18, 2016

"Damaged my car's bodywork and refused to fix it"

- treymetzger

A few weeks back I took my eight month old Mustang with only 13k miles on it into Huston Ford of Huntingdon, PA to get my fuel filler door fixed as it had been very loose ever since I bought the car brand new. I scheduled an appointment, dropped the car off, and picked it up later the same day and when I checked the door to confirm that it was tight, all seemed well. However, two weeks ago I was at Cars and Coffee at the Swigart Museum and was spray detailing the car when I noticed that right next to the fuel door where the hinge folds back behind the sheet metal for the quarter panel, there are two dings in the metal, one protruding outward and one slightly pushed in just under the other. Yesterday was my first day off I had since I discovered the damage so I took the car to Huston Ford of Huntingdon, PA and showed the damage to the service writer. He asked me to wait in the waiting room while he looked further into the situation so I sat there for around fifteen minutes until he finally came back out. He then proceeds to tell me that there is absolutely no way that they could be responsible for the damage and that they would not be fixing my vehicle. I explained that there was no damage whatsoever to the car before I took it in for them to fix it under factory warranty and that the hinge to the fuel door that they replaced is directly behind the damaged sheet metal. He stuck to his story that there was no way that they are taking responsibility. So then I called Ford Motor Company. They said that since the dealer is privately owned that I would have to go through their management in order to resolve this and that Ford would not be able to do anything about my situation. So I went back and requested to speak to the general manager who also happens to be the owner of the dealer, however, he was not there at the time so the receptionist took my name and number and said she would have him give me a call. So this morning I received a call from the owner of the dealer and he informed me that he had spoken with his head technician and agreed that they are NOT responsible for the damage that was so clearly caused by the work that they performed. SO basically, I took my $35,000 vehicle there to be repaired and in turn left with more (expensive) damage than I brought it in with and the dealer basically gave me the big "screw you." I have bought 3 Ford vehicles over the last four years and if this is how I am going to be treated as a customer, this will be my last. To anybody here in the Mount Union or Huntingdon area, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HUSTON FORD. YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT.

THE OWNER.