Preferred Auto Imports

3146 Henry St, Muskegon, Michigan 49441 Directions

1 Review of Preferred Auto Imports

June 07, 2016

"Absolutely horrible and dishonest service"

- rachel.holtzman

I had the worst sales experience of my life in this dealership. I had contacted this dealership four times in the period of 48 hours to confirm my appointment and receive information about this car. I made sure to let them know how serious I was about it and that I would be traveling almost two hours to purchase it from them. When I got there, I was told that they had accidentally lent out the car that I was coming to purchase. I told them my budget and they said no problem, they had another car that was similar and they would sell it to me for whatever they needed to. They brought out a 1997 Saturn SC2. I test drove it around the parking lot and realized the brakes were totally shot. I had almost 6 inches of room that I could press on them and they would do absolutely nothing. There was also no increased stopping force when I floored the brakes. Needless to say, I asked them to repair the brakes before they sold me the car. They told me that they could do this and I proceeded to fill out an hour's worth of paperwork. Right before I went to sign the papers that sealed the deal, they slyly told me that I would have to pay extra for the brakes to be done and they couldn't lower the price of it at all. They tried telling me that they were giving me such a good deal but they didn't even take down the price they had originally asked for the car, which was substantially more than the car I came in to see. First, they didn't have the car that they confirmed would be available for me to purchase. Then, they tried to sell me a car with broken brakes. Lastly, they tried to overcharge me for a totally unsafe car. I had an absolutely terrible experience with this dealership and would not recommend it to anyone looking for a good car or good business.

John