Rick Case Acura

Edney Francis

October 25, 2018

"way tooooo long"

- ivk

This is the second time in 5 months that my 2016 Acura ILX has been in the shop for the same thing. Each time it has been there for 1 month and they always have an excuse. They have never called us. It's us calling them including the manager and all they say is "Someone will call us back".. They don't call us back which is extremely annoying. I would not refer them to others and after buying 4 cars from Rick Case, this might be our last.They have lost our trust!!! Rick himself needs to monitor his service dept better. ..

Guillermo Alphonse

October 19, 2018

"Nightmare experience."

- veebaby18

This review is a little late, for good reason. On Sunday, 09/23/18, I traded in my 2011 Honda Accord with 57,000 in great condition for a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT at Rick Case Acura of Fort Lauderdale. I purchased this vehicle because I wanted something “safer” for children. This vehicle had a clean Carfax with no accidents, 36,000 miles and was sitting on that lot for about 3 months before I purchased it (for the asking price!). I was thrilled with it for about an hour. As I drove the car home from the dealership, the car jolted me into traffic, nearly causing an accident, when the transmission failed and delayed 5 seconds to put into drive. I was terrified and took it back to the dealership, where Feliciano, my sales guy, drove the car and assured me that there is something very wrong and it needed to be taken to Mazda because this vehicle was not safe to drive. I repeatedly asked what my options were and I was told that management would call me the following day. He put me into a loaner (Honda HRV) that night and sent me on my way. I got a call from German, the manager the next morning. He told me that he was going to make this right and to come back so he can put me in a nice acura loaner for now and he apologized for this happening. When I returned to the dealership, they took their loaner back and DROVE me to enterprise to rent a car. I was dumbfounded because I was told to go pick up a loaner from them. I paid a deposit and drove away in a enterprise rental and I was so upset that I had to ultimately send an email expressing my frustration and only AFTER they received the email, did they call me to come back and put me in an acura loaner. They claim they did not have one the day that I went, even though THEY specifically told me to come in for just that, then took me to enterprise and took their car back. I truly believe they wanted to “wash their hands” of me and did not want to provide a loaner vehicle! Insane! After a few days, German called me to let me know he would take care of the body damage, as a “courtesy for the inconvenience”. I have been in a loaner for 15 days while the car has been getting a new transmission at the Mazda dealership. Today I received a call from German, the manager. He basically told me that he was not going to fix my seat (which was part of the deal), that there is no spare key(which was part of the deal), and that all they were going to do is fix the body damage and nothing more. That was not the agreement and I said I had been hesitant to leave my review because I wanted to see what the outcome would be so I can leave a full, detailed review of my car-buying experience with this dealership. His tone changed immediately and he got very upset when I mentioned leaving a review. He flat out stated that “if I leave a review, he would stop the body work immediately, not fixing the seat, no spare key and I would have to come pick up the car.” And then he went on to say that he technically “didn’t have to do anything for me or spend the $800 that he spent on my car already.” Our call basically ended there and so did his professionalism. He basically “took back” what he promised and said it was “nowhere in the contract” and he didn’t have to do anything because it was my fault for buying the car, not his. Our call ended there. Then, miraculously, he called back within 5 minutes of that phone call to let me know that he was looking for the spare key and will look into the piece for the seat. I am so terribly confused. This man just went off on me, threatened me and now called me back as if that phone call didn’t happen minutes prior? If I could make this entire experience disappear and get my Honda back, I would. None of this was worth the money, time, or the frustration that I’ve had to endure this past month. I don’t like being threatened for having an opinion and expressing my experience with this dealership so that this does not happen to anybody else, ever again. Therefore here is my review about Rick Case Acura and how I was treated when I purchased a vehicle there. Don’t trust their word, get everything in writing and bring a mechanic with you when you purchase a vehicle here because you can’t even trust the quality of the cars on this lot. Always do your research on the dealership before you waste your money or your time. This place turned into a nightmare to deal with and now I am stuck with a vehicle that I don’t feel safe putting myself or my children in. Unfortunately for Rick Case Acura, I still have my first amendment right so I hope my review helps others in their decision to purchase a vehicle from this particular dealership. UPDATE: I was called to pick up the vehicle on Monday after they picked it up from Mazda. The scratches were taken care of. The seat was not fixed and there was no spare key. I was told that someone would reach out. So far, I’ve reached out 4 times to multiple people and nobody has answers. That seems to be a trend in this dealership. I just want my seat fixed and my spare key and to NEVER deal with these people again.

German Vanegas, Feliciano

May 21, 2018

"Not a Good Customer service"

- Unsatisfied Customer

bought a used car there that was supposed be certified, but when i took the car it was not even washed. just to begin with, no certification, only aggravation.

German, Johnny