I brought in my Mazda for an oil change, tire rotation, and NYS inspection. Perhaps it's because the shop works on Fords, Subarus, and Mazda, instead of specializing in one make, but they did a poor job.
- NYS inspection sticker they put on expires September 2015. The Mazda3 was brought in October 2014 and the sticker should expire October 2015.
- put in 5W-30 oil (receipt) instead of 5W-20 (on the cap)
- tire pressures set to 33 psi. Should be 35 psi for a 2010 Mazda3 iTouring.
- tires had visible wheel weights when brought in. Didn't realize they removed the weights on all 4 tires until a month later. I requested a tire rotation, not a balance, so no weights should have been removed at all.
- missing valve cap on the front left tire. Wheel was dirty with oil.
Humans make mistakes and have bad days. If they owned up to their mistakes and tried to make things right, I wouldn't be writing a bad review. Instead, they showed me weights on the "inside", but that doesn't explain what happened to the original weights. They were missing on all 4 wheels.
I then agreed to pay for a tire balance, and voila, the wheel weights that I once had, reappeared.
I am not adding the employee(s) name(s) here. I don't want anyone fired. I just want Smith-Cairns to stand behind their work, honestly. Right now, I do not trust them and am seeking out a new service center.