Streetside Classics Nashville

Photographer/Videographer

October 12, 2017

"Outstanding customer service"

- Scott R.

I have been a long time 'looker' of Streetside Classics website, and have admired their vehicles via the internet from all of their locations. When I found myself in the Charlotte area on a trip from Raleigh, I was excited to go to the showroom and have a look at the vast selection of beautiful classic cars that I had only previously admired from the computer screen with my buddies at work. The staff (Chris Mapel) and showroom exceeded my expectations, and I quickly found myself in the process of negotiating via Chris on a 1985 K10 Silverado. Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be although Chris did a great job in trying to work out an agreeable price point with the seller. But, the staff and inventory had impressed me so much, I wanted to give it another shot at Charlotte's 'sister site' in Nashville, TN. I got online and quickly found a 1984 K10 Scottsdale that I was very interested in. I called the Nashville location and got some information about the vehicle from Andrew Allen. After talking with Andrew for a little while about the truck, I was making an offer on the truck. The purchase was hassle free and easy. Before long, I was in touch with Collector Car Lending getting a quote......and now, Im happily driving around my 'new' toy. The staff went above and beyond to help me purchase the vehicle and put me in touch with financing and insurance specialists who were equally as helpful. It was by far the easiest car buying experience I have had yet. I would highly recommend both the Charlotte and Nashville Streetside Classics locations to anyone.

Andrew Evans
Kelley Archibald
Other Employees : Chris Mapel (Charlotte location)

October 10, 2017

"Classy Place for Classic Cars"

- wk4

Saw a car on Car Gurus and went to check it out. Met Lucas Norman who was very professional, he answered all my questions without any push. Before I left I made an offer and after a few calls back and forth the next day we reached a deal. Very easy to work with. Probably the easiest car purchase I've ever made.

Lucas Norman

October 09, 2017

"Dealer was completely clueless about the state of the car"

- 928owner

I purchased a 1986 Porsche 928 from Streetside Classics in Nashville in June 2017. I dealt with a Mr. David Stafford. The car was reasonably priced, the transaction went smoothly and Mr. Stafford was always very courteous and professional. Considering the business Streetside Classics are in, I would have expected their staff to be somewhat knowledgeable about cars. With the car being in Nashville, I had to purchase it based on feedback to direct questions to Mr. Stafford and the photos posted on-line. This is where Mr. Stafford's lack of knowledge about the car they had in their possession is a bit concerning. The vehicle had 17 year old tires on it, it took several emails to get this information from Mr. Stafford. This is pretty basic stuff, when the car arrived, the tires were in very poor condition, dozens of cracks, tires were like hard plastic. From the photos, it was clear the hood gas filled supports were shot. You could see this from the photos that it was being supported by a telescopic hood support. Aside from these issues, Mr. Stafford described the car as "It has been here in our showroom for a couple months now, but has been started regularly and driven around the showroom several times since." and for the 17 year old tires he said "The tires do still have plenty of tread on them and appear in good condition.....Tires can last longer than that time period, especially if the car is driven as little as this was one was, but they may need to be replaced in the near future.... I did look all of them over, and didn’t find any cracking or signs of it starting anywhere." Keep in mind, when the car arrived to my home by enclosed trailer within two weeks of that description, every tire had dozens of cracks between the threads, along the inner sidewall etc. You would have to be completely blind not to see the dozens of cracks! There is no way that car was started regularly or had been driven around the showroom regularly. When it arrived, the transportation company messed with it for about 15 minutes, backed it off the trailer, and I drove it about 150 feet up my driveway to my garage. The next morning, it failed to start. After diagnosing the problem, turned out that the entire fuel system was completely rusted out. The fuel pump was not working, it was completely clogged up with rust, the fuel filter was completely clogged, the fuel filler neck was completely rusted out, the fuel tank sending unit was completely rusted and stuck at 3/4 full. There was 15 gallons of gas in the tank, which was so old that it wouldn't even run in a lawn mower (I tried). The transmission shifter would not lock, the transportation guys told me about that, and the fact that the car's on dash gear indicator was wrong (in park it displayed neutral, in drive it displayed 2nd) was pretty obvious the moment you sat in the car. Mr. Stafford seemed to know about this, but didn't disclose it when he was asked if there was "anything else blatantly wrong with the car". Its not a big deal, whoever rebuilt the transmission basically hooked the wrong wires up, the shifter still has the right gear. Fixing the shift-lock took about 2 minutes, was two screws to remove the shift handle, and reinstall it with the button in the correct position. Fixing the fuel system was a bit more involved, but basically involved 30 minutes to remove the fuel filler neck, scrubbed off the rust with a copper brillo pad. The fuel filter and pump were $160 in parts, about an hour of my time, another $5 in parts (washers, a cap nut etc) to fix the resulting fuel leak when fuel at the right pressure was pushed through the system. No dash lights either, which was pretty obvious. The warning lights were all fixed with fuses (that cost less than $5). The previous owner and Mr. Stafford had no clue as to the actual value of the car with the upgrades done to it. Aside from being either clueless or not disclosing blatantly obvious stuff wrong with the car, I was able to get several hundred dollars off an already good price for the car over just the tires. The amount I got the vehicle reduced covered the cost of new tires, the fuel system parts and replacing all the fuses in the car. I still need to fix the driver side power window switch, and the sunroof, but for under $600 in parts, I've raised the value of the car (just had it appraised) by more than $8000, with the car coming it at over $19k, purchase price was just under $10,500. So aside from Streetside Classics Nashville not being upfront (pretty sure this is a lack of knowledge from the emails I got from them) to the buyer, they also lost the seller at least $5k by not doing some simple basic repairs. Aside from costing me a $5 late fee since the diagnostics, waiting for parts and having time on the weekends to fix the thing meant I had to go through two sets of temporary tags before I could get it inspected, I've now got a very nice 928S, couple of small projects for the winter on it now, but its a super reliable car now that its been fixed. I gave them a 1-star rating because the whole thing felt like the type of deal you'd get from a small town used car dealership, not the multi-city, classic car experts image that they put forward. I would recommend them though, because if you play hardball and have any kind of car knowledge, you should be able to get a pretty good deal, maybe not so much if the seller they are representing lacks knowledge about their car too! A tiny bit of research would have yielded that this car had 4 previous owners, the original owner didn't put too many miles on it, the second owner though was a well known 928 enthusiast who dumped tons of money into the car, kept it very well maintained and made all the right upgrades. The third owner lightly drove the car, and the forth owner seems to have had the transmission rebuilt and then stored the thing for years.

David Stafford