Hoffman Chrysler Jeep

Hoffman Chrysler Jeep Info

1 Dealership Review
secdrl
2/04/2014

"I was looking for a new 4wd vehicle for my wife and I. I..."

I was looking for a new 4wd vehicle for my wife and I. I went to many dealerships in the tri-state area looking for a feasible option for us. After many days of discussion, we decided that we wanted to look at a used vehicle and preferably stay with Jeep. Upon arriving on the lot, we first noticed that NO vehicles had prices on them. None. After about 10 minutes of browsing vehicles, we were met by salesmen Jamol. I inquired about what type of vehicle that we were looking for and Jamal proceeded to show us approximately 4 Jeep vehicles. I asked what the price was of the vehicles were and he rapidly read off 4 different prices from a piece of paper that he had in his back pocket. We proceeded to tell Jamol where we'd like to be payment wise with our vehice. Immediately, and without hesitation, he stated that they were "bottom line" prices and there was no negotiating. At first, I thought we would just need to discuss vehicles a little more and essentially "play the game". After a few more minutes of talking, Jamol continued to say that there would be no negotiating and the prices were "rock bottom". At this point, we left the dealership and headed down to Younger Toyota. Within a minute or two, we were approached by the nicest saleswoman that we've dealt with! We told her the same thing that we told Jamol from Hoffman Automotive and she was very eager to help us. We test drove multiple vehicles and she was glad to show us upon request. When it came time to make a decision, she recommended another vehicle that they just received on the lot. We test drove that and loved it. Within about 30 minutes, we negotiated and we had a deal. Within about 2 hours, we were walking out of the dealership with keys in hand. It was the easiest process that we've ever had in purchasing a vehicle. I would NEVER recommend Hoffman Automotive to anyone. There sales staff appear unprofessional and unwilling to help. God forbid you interrupt their 24/7 smoke breaks they're always having in front of the dealership on edgewood drive. Before I end this, let me back up a bit. About 7 months ago, my wife and I went to Hoffman again and looked at a 2008 Pontiac G8. We test drove it and decided that we wanted to purchase. We went through financing and we were approved at a 4.5% interest rate. All of a sudden, at the very last minute, the sales manager (some hispanic looking guy) came over and said that we would "need to find a more expensive vehicle because the bank wont finance a car that is 6 years old". We couldn't believe it. We were so frustrated and irritated with the process that we left the dealership immediately and again, went to shop at other locations. The low ratings are for poor, poor, poor customer service and just an all around unprofessional atmosphere. At places like Younger Toyota, they at LEAST make you feel comfortable in their environment. I BEG anyone who reads this review to NOT purchase a new or used vehicle at Hoffman Automotive.

Jamol