Honda of El Cerrito

Call
Honda of El Cerrito Info

Manly Honda

South Bay Honda

"FIVE STAR Dealership and Service Dept.....Recently..."

FIVE STAR Dealership and Service Dept.....Recently brought our 1995 Honda Civic in for it's regular Express Service (oil change). As usual the service was handled with promptness as well as a thorough inspection also carried out. Some leaks underneath the engine were found and which need to be attended to. I always appreciate the completely honest and thorough service provided whenever I bring our cars into Honda of El Cerrito. We bought the Honda Civic new from the Honda of El Cerrtio dealership was located across the street over 17 years ago. Our 2007 Honda Accord was also purchased from Honda of El Cerrito and both cars have been serviced soley at Honda of El Cerrito. The reason being we get the most professional, honest service. We are always greeted by friendly personnel who take our concerns seriously and guarantee us total satisfaction. Never have we been disappointed with the personnel or the service perfomed at Honda of El Cerrito. It is a pleasure doing buisness with a great dealership.

Elsa, The BEST in Automobile Sales ( I am sorry I have forgotten her last name)

Honda of El Cerrito responded to this review

March 06, 2013

Dear Pandagirl754 - Thanks for the AWESOME review. While Larry, our General Manager, is out of town, I wanted to quickly shoot you a note of appreciation. We not only appreciate your feedback, but utilize our loyal customers feedback, such as yours, to keep us on our toes and your "Dealer of Choice". It means a great deal to all of us here at Honda of El Cerrito that you have entrusted us with your vehicle purchase and servicing needs. Chris Noble, our Service Director, and his cadre' of professional Service Advisors are always available for you should you need them for technical issues. And should you ever get "stuck" or need a point-of-contact, now you have my name and number. It is my intention that we only strengthen our relationship with you, your family, friends, and co-workers. Thanks again and we're always here should you need us. Sincerely, Darryl Lavender Customer Relations 510-412-6199 darryl.lavender@hendrickauto.com

"I came in to purchase a new car and already had a firm..."

I came in to purchase a new car and already had a firm offer with another dealer but this dealer was much closer to home and would provide better access for after purchase service for the vehicle. I came into try to see if they would match the offer or even come close for the car I wanted and I would have been happy. They didn't have the car in stock but the salesman said he could lot for the car at dealers in the surrounding areas. I also mention I did not want all the dealer add on optiuons which would increase the price of the car about $2,000. I was told I would be stuck with most of those options if I purchased a car off their lot. The saleman went to see if he could get approval to match the price and came back and said the dealership would not match the price. At the price I asked, they would not even bother to search for the car at other dealerships. I left thedealership without the car. Patrick Clark from the dealsership called me up a few days later and asked about my experience with them and I explained what happen and he was surprise since he mention the dealsership has a policy of matching offers. I mention the dealer options and he stated, theyonly way I could buy a car without them is be there when a new shipment arrived. He never did offer to hold one for me or even let me know when a shipment would be coming. He told me he would check about the price matching policy and get back to me..as I expected, he never did .

Patrick Clark

Honda of El Cerrito responded to this review

March 16, 2013

Thank you "talasian" for your honest and helpful feedback. I apologize that we inconvenienced you and failed to show you what I consider to be our "true face" and best practices. I have spoken to our Business Development Center Manager, JR Rigor, and asked him to reinforce with his staff of professionals that clients MUST be made aware of vehicle availability due to our inventory consisting of the entire Hendrick Automotive Group's inventory and take current client residence into account to avoid this situation from happening.; our intention was not to deceive or mislead you. In Patrick's defense, this may have been due to him being rather new to our team and still learning his role and responsibilities. But again that's no excuse and I apologize for experience. We will be better because of your review though and for that, we all thank you.

"I was happy with the service I received. I was..."

I was happy with the service I received. I was concerned about the time frame and was happy when I got my car within 45 minutes. Wayne was courteous and answered all my questions.

"I bought my last 2 cars from Honda of El Cerrito and both..."

I bought my last 2 cars from Honda of El Cerrito and both times had Silvia Garcia as my salesperson. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and always very pleasant. The service department is very efficient and whenever I bring my car in, it's a very friendly and stress-free experience. I usually have Michelle Fisher as my service advisor who is also very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. I appreciate that Michelle keeps me informed on the progress of the servicing so that I can schedule my day with the least amount of interruption. I always tell people who are looking to buy a car to check out this dealership. I have never been disappointed.

Michelle Fisher and Silvia Garcia

"I have been using the Honda dealership to get my car..."

I have been using the Honda dealership to get my car serviced for years. Just recently I moved up north and a friend recommended Honda of El Cerrito. I am beyond pleased with the honesty and friendliness of the service department. Alex was my Service Advisor and he called a few times to keep me informed. My car took longer than expected, but he let me know with ample time and offered to provide me with a shuttle. Thank you for your professionalism and assistance.

Alex, Service Advisor

"I went to El Cerrito Honda because I had a starter..."

I went to El Cerrito Honda because I had a starter problem with my 2003 Accord. Wayne Rosemont listened to me carefully, wrote it up and the job was done ahead of schedule. Wayne had a warm straightforward approach. Of course every time I go into the service department Michelle Fisher greats me like I was a member of the family and went out of her way to great my wife and daughter. She ran to the car to get my garage door opener before the car was driven off. All your team has been good to me over the years.

"I was borrowing someone's Honda and had it serviced for..."

I was borrowing someone's Honda and had it serviced for the first time last week. Mel Santiago was extremely courteous, personable, honest and helpful. I appreciated him taking the extra time to explain some things that I probably should have already known. I had made a ginormous mistake that day in purchasing a brand new battery even though the car was still under warranty. He made an embarrassing day less uncomfortable for me and I really appreciated that!!! Another service adviser had assisted me right before Mel and he was just as nice and helpful- SORRY, Can't remember his name.:( Anyway, thanks so much for your excellent service!

Mel Santiago

"This service visit was great as always - Ron Maio is both..."

This service visit was great as always - Ron Maio is both very professional and very friendly, also conscientious and pays attention to detail. He makes the customer feel very welcome, and lets you know your business is appreciated. Service work is done right, with a detailed checklist of services performed along with diagnostic results and recommendations for ongoing maintenance. The staff in general is very courteous and friendly - I get smiles and warm hellos from everyone who recognizes me from past visits. The drivers for their free van shuttle service have all been friendly, prompt and professional - as can also be said of the dispatcher for the shuttle service. In store amenities - e.g. comfortable waiting rooms with magazines, internet enabled computers and free coffee/tea - are all appreciated. As is the complimentary car wash that accompanies all their services! A great job done all around.

"Ron gave me very good service as well as helping me with..."

Ron gave me very good service as well as helping me with the best he could in keeping the cost of the repairs to a minimum.

"I bought my car from Honda of el cerrito and after that..."

I bought my car from Honda of el cerrito and after that have been going there for all regular maintenance of my Honda CRV. Every time I visit them I find all service employees very professional and respectful, specially Mel Santiago. He is very easy to work with makes sure that my car is done within estimated time. I would highly recommand Honda of El Cerrito and Mel.