Honda of Joliet

3225 Plainfield Road,
Joliet, Illinois 60435
Honda of Joliet Info
About Honda of Joliet

At Honda Superstore of Joliet we offer new 2012 & 2013 Honda cars, along with used cars, trucks and SUV's by top manufacturers. Our sales staff will help you find that new or used car you have been searching for in Joliet. For years, our financial staff at Honda Superstore of Joliet has offered expert advice for those seeking the a great Honda car loan or lease. Our service doesn't stop there. Joliet customers can come in and take advantage of our knowledgeable Honda car repair technicians, and a fully-stocked inventory of Honda car parts. You can reach Honda Superstore of Joliet any time by filling out our contact form, by calling us at (866) 313-2399, or simply visiting our Joliet Honda dealership at 3225 Plainfield Rd., Joliet IL 60435.

About Honda of Joliet

Nina_Lee84
8/27/2015

"Honda of Joliet is fantastic! Oren is awesome!! "

I just got into a '15 Honda Accord with Oren & he was fantastic to deal with! He had SO much information for me & tried his hardest to get exactly what I wanted. He was not pushy whatsoever! I was contacted by Honda a few months back to get into a new lease & I had asked for all sorts of info & then decided to back out & wait a bit on that & it was no problem. I then contacted Oren & he was right on it for me, helping me with any little question or concern I had. He is really a great man & SO funny too! Makes you feel so comfortable, like you've known him forever! I highly recommend this dealership & hope you get in with him!! I had also dealt with Shahera online- she was so very helpful as well! Responded right away to any question I had & was able to provide great detail & information to me. Starr was also a pleasure to deal with. Very sweet girl.

Ahildebrand
8/26/2015

"Servuce"

Everything went very smoothly, and we were able to look at the crv and hrv while we waited. Only drawback was that a coupon that was sent to us for the oil change had a wrong Vin # on it! We were given the deal and appreciate thst. Hope the problem Getz fixed!

Daniel Ruvalcaba

Jennifer H.
8/19/2015

"OREN FERGUSON - AWESOME SALESPERSON!!!"

Oren Ferguson was very knowledgeable, personable, and overall a real great salesman. I was a little nervous at first going in, but he made it such a comfortable, great first time leasing experience for my boyfriend and I. Oren was very nice, funny, and easy to talk to. All our questions were answered and even additional information was given that I wouldn't have thought to ask. He found us the very best sales price within our budget and a pretty color car too! Ps. Also shared pizza that the Honda employees got for lunch.

michele.frank
8/17/2015

"one of the best experiences when buying a car"

The sales person, Oren, took the time to hear what we were looking for as well as the price we wanted to have as a car note. He did not waste our time and he worked the numbers to our benefit rather than their benefit. He was honest and personable and treated us as good customers rather than just another sale for the month. He knew his stuff but did not feel the need to over load us with information that did not interest us. My husband and I went to two different Honda dealerships and we're not treated well at either of them. We decided to go to one more ... all the way to Honda of Joliet as a last chance before giving up on the thought of getting a Honda CRV. We defiantly made a great choice in going there. Thank you Honda of Joliet for ta king good care of us.

olson150
8/15/2015

"JOSH TORNBENI - GREAT SALESPERSON"

We all go busy & stressful days and then when we want to buy a car we know that experience can be stressful as well.....BUT NOT WITH JOSH TORNABENI !!!! Josh makes you comfortable in the experience and journey to purchase / invest in Honda......Josh CREATES EXCITEMENT when a person makes the move to Honda Dreams......Honda - great vehicles but there is all kinds of competition on the road.......Josh makes you really think about the Honda vehicle features, the Honda reliability in all it's makes & models, and the Honda service that will be there when you need it. Honda of Joliet is SMART to have Josh Tornabeni on it's staff......Josh is the MAIN reason we come back again & again. THANKS JOSH FOR BEING THERE FOR having us a part of HONDA NATION !!!

chrisk
8/15/2015

"Customer service is not a priority. Plays games"

I have been a loyal Honda owner for several years, patronizing Valley Honda, but due to their customer service lacking, I decided to try Joliet Honda in 2014. Bought a Honda Accord and dealt with Ted Turissi and Dan McNeil and had a wonderful experience. In fact, I sent over three co-workers to Joliet Honda based on my experience. Thought I found my new home until recent experiences. Got an email in early June from Missy Morril for the Honda "Pull Ahead" program (trade-in for newer model, due to lack of quality used vehicles). I responded I was interested and received a call the next day from Missy, who I had to explain what email I responded to (should've been my first clue). I explained I was interested in the new HR-V. Missy assured me Joliet had a couple in stock and I told her I would be taking time off work the next day to come in and check out the HR-V. Missy said she would be there to assist. I did some research on the HR-V and what Joliet had listed on their website as "in-stock" vehicles. I took off work and came in, asking for Missy. I got dealt off to Mark Bath. He never heard of the program and didn't know why I was there. After going round and round with him, he finally called Missy who explained it to him. Mark stumbled around trying to find where the HR-V's were, even though there was one sitting in the showroom. Mark FINALLY found the keys to one and when I started asking about the features of the HR-V that I obtained from Joliet's website, Mark was clueless. And to top things off, the HR-V he was showing me was already sold. So I was unable to test drive one. I asked if Dan McNeil was still there, and was told by Mark that there has been a lot of change at Joliet Honda, as he rolled his eyes. Disappointed with promises being made to me and not fulfilled, I started to leave and Mark followed me out to the parking lot, claiming he would contact me once they get the next HR-V in stock, we were rudely interrupted by a gentleman who interjected in our conversation, without even introducing himself. Later I found out he was Levi Ervins III, a sales manager. I continued my conversation with Mark, asking him to contact me. A couple days go by without any phone calls, and low and behold when I check Joliet Honda's site, I see they have new HR-V's posted. I contacted Missy and explained what was going on, and she seemed genuinely displeased and promised to make it right. In the mean time, my girl friend was looking for a vehicle and found a Ford F250 which was posted on their website. We stopped in after hours and looked at the truck and she liked it. She was waiting to see how my experience went, since I was already hitting speed bumps. So finally on June 27th, I went in and worked out the numbers for my Accord for the HR-V. My Accord was only a year old, no damage, excellent condition, and Joliet went to Kelley Blue Book and used the "good", not excellent rating for the trade-in. So I ended up with the HR-V and the girlfriend and I came back in to test drive the Ford F250 (stock#J51106A, currently posted on their site). We test drove the truck, and it drove ok. Miles are definitely low, 65090, but there are no bells and whistles and the driver's side door was extremely rusted. In fact Ted Turissi came out to say hi to me, admiring the truck, touched the rust on the door, and it started to fall apart. I was assured that a replacement door was on order. The roof and wheel wells also had rust, but nothing like the door. Again, we were dealing with Mark Bath. We spoke with Mark on the 30th after discussion and made a counteroffer. We did out research on KBB.com (the same site used by Joliet Honda to price my year old Honda) and even with listing it as "good" condition, the price of the truck off their is listed at $10,712 as fair purchase price. Even with the clean Carfax, it claims to $720 more than value. That's still $11,432. We spoke with Mark on the phone prior to going out of town on the 30th and offered $12,000 for the truck. Mark said he would speak to his manager and get back to us. Fast forward to July 11th. After not hearing anything again from Mark, I contacted Missy again, who advised Mark told her that we were no longer interested in the truck, which that conversation never took place. Again Missy seemed upset ("I am REALLY SORRY-it IS BEING HELD FOR YOU!!") and promised to take care of it ("I am really sorry about that confusion"). She worked it out to where I could take the truck on the 11th to have the vehicle checked out over the weekend. I took the truck to two mechanics. Besides the roof/door/and wheel well rust, the bed cross bars were extremely rusted through, the rear pinion seal was leaking, and the top refrigerant line was leaking. AND, when driving the truck that weekend, the engine kept dying. I returned the truck on July 12th, and contacted Missy on the 14th. We discussed the issues that were discovered. Missy stated on July 18th that the truck was being sent to a Ford Dealer to trying to address the engine dying issue ("But we are going to address it - we just had to take it to Ford - it has been costing us nothing but money", "I promise- I will let you know"). I went out of state for training, and texted Missy on August 3rd, asking for an update, NO REPLY. I called Missy on August 12th (12:54hrs), and my call went to voicemail. I left her a voicemail asking for a call back. NO CALL BACK. From Joliet Honda's website (http://www.hondaofjoliet.com/dealership/about.htm) it says "Finding the perfect vehicle to fit your needs and budget has never been more enjoyable at our Illinois Honda dealer. At Honda of Joliet, not only do we have a great selection of new and used cars, trucks and SUVs, a helpful financial department and a state-of-the-art service and parts facility, but we also offer a staff of sales representatives, financial advisers and service technicians that will treat you with the respect you deserve." I find this extremely contradictory as I have been treated with nothing but disrespect and game-playing from the sales staff (Mark Bath) to the management (Levi Ervins III). I will be looking for another Honda Store to handle when my HR-V lease is up in 3 years. I will be speaking my mind on my social media about my experiences and will not be sending further business to Joliet Honda. Document all your communications with Joliet Honda!

Mark Bath

Cole, Jayne
8/14/2015

"Customer Josh was very personable person to be with"

Managers could take a lesson from him treat people the way you want to be treated it's not my job to hunt down the glass repair man also not ideal to make fun of Uber need your cars to do my job managers did that not josh he should be above them Sincerely Jayne c.

Meanie
8/13/2015

"Poor service dept"

I had recall work on my fuel pump and seals. They said it would take up to 2 hours. My appt was at 1020. I asked at 2pm how much longer to find it they never started on the car. When I got home my car didn't want to start. When I brought it back first they said nothing was wrong but then said it is the fuel pump but that they didn't break it when they worked on it. The car had no problems before they touched it. If I could give zero stars I would. I will never buy from them again.

Will not call back

ptheby
8/11/2015

"I rarely write reviews"

I live in Springfield, MO and found the vehicle I was looking for that met all my criteria including price at Honda of Joliet. It happened to be an '08 Camry. I have never purchased a car 8 hours away so I was very apprehensive to put a deposit down and make the drive but the other few I found in that radius had been sold within days of being listed They held the vehicle for me for over a week and a half. They also went above and beyond on my list of things i wanted checked or replaced do to it being a 7 year old car. Also, I had shopped rates on a small loan i was taking out and found a very competitive rate before going there. Since they do so much business with Chase, they also were able to knock almost half a percentage point off the next lowest rate I could find at about 3% which is great for an older vehicle. It looks and handles like a brand new car and a few people thought it was either brand new or only a couple years old. To drive it home was actually fun and you get to know the vehicle and when I am ready to replace my other vehicle i will actually check their website because the deal I got on my vehicle was literally the best i could find within hundreds of miles of where I live. I initially dealt with Emily Roland in the internet sales department who was very responsive to my e-mails, calls, and questions and then when I got there Raphael Rodea and Mike Bryant were very helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend this place to anyone buying any vehicle.

Raphael Rodea, Mike Bryant, Emmily Roland

LJC
8/08/2015

"Excellent Experience! "

I went to Honda of Joliet to purchase a new Honda Odyssey knowing without a doubt that this was the car/van that I wanted. I was eager to work with a salesman who wasn't going to try and upsell me on features that I didn't need and wasn't going to be pushy. Josh T. was recommended to me and definitely was the right guy! Josh listened to what I was interested in, taking note of features and took time to explain to me the different trim levels of the Odysseys as this was something I was unaware of. I also was adamant on the color I wanted, so after test driving and deciding on the trim level, Josh went ABOVE and BEYOND searching for the van! He even went as far as driving to another state to get the van in the color that I wanted! Upon delivery of the vehicle, Josh made the sale go as quick as possible. He also explained features of the van; however with my children with me this was difficult so he offered for me to come back another day. I took his offer and went back the following day. He spent a considerable amount of time explaining to me every feature available, and assured me if I had any further questions to feel free to contact him. I highly recommend working with Josh at Honda of Joliet!

Reviews of Oren Ferguson