Laurel Ford

Makes: Ford|Service Center

Average

Laurel Ford
Laurel Ford Info

"kept jacking up price with no return phone calls"

Our motorhome came in with a blown plug. We were told that we would need a new head, that would have to be ordered. We rented a pickup to finish our trip to my parents house (611 miles away) and wait. After a week and four phone calls, I finally got ahold of them. Never getting a phone call back as promised each time. Was told at that time that everything looked good and it would be ready by the next evening, or possibly the following morning. So after we drive the 611 miles in the rental truck we are told it would be the next day. Ok, halfway expected that. So we rent a room across from the dealership and stop by to ask for someone to pick us up when we drop off the rental. All of sudden everything, after being told twice it was good, is not good, now we need a new engine. Still no concern that we just drove an extra 611 miles because they did not check it out. Plus I was never allowed to see my old engine or head to verify the problem in the first place after asking 2 separate times to view the damage. If this was not enough, I noticed that my steering wheel was now a half a turn off and the bill included and handle for my screen door that they broke and promised to fix that I had install.

Thomas Laughery

"Awesome experience "

I've never been to a dealership like this. I actually ENJOYED my time! I ended up buying a brand new truck at an incredible price and ate some of their home baked cookies as the same time. Incredibly nice people to work with, I felt like I was at home. Definitely recommend this, and bring your kids too! Thanks again guys.

Joe

"Well, after reading the reviews here, I either got lucky..."

Well, after reading the reviews here, I either got lucky or just experienced a different dealership...perhaps people only come on sites like this to b$#%$h. I started my search for an F150 at Archie. The experience was just ok there. The salesman was rather tepid in his quest to help me find a vehicle and when it became apparent they did not have what I wanted things went south. I then searched Laurel's inventory online and found a truck that I wanted. I picked Scott out of their photo lineup and drove out there the same day. It was the truck I wanted at the price I wanted. I did not trade in as I'm trying to sell third party (Is it not understood that dealers are not going to give you the best deal on a trade? For those that attempt this you get what you deserve). I started paperwork with Scott who from the beginning was courteous and attentive along with being able to answer all of my questions intelligently and I believe honestly. He did not try to push anything on me that I said I didn't want like financing or extended warranty. The deal was done later that evening when my wife was able to come out to fill out paperwork. The customer service I experienced was nothing like previous reviews. In fact, I'm headed back out there today because they are installing rocker panels and door handles. They didn't have a spot but they are going to squeeze me in and while my truck is there, Scott offered to let me borrow his personal vehicle while mine is being worked on. What more could one ask for in a new car deal? I highly recommend Scott and Laurel Ford.

Scott

"Well according to Laurel Ford there is nothing wrong with..."

Well according to Laurel Ford there is nothing wrong with our brand new pick-up. The tranny slips, it wont kick out of 4 low, the fuel sensor doesn't work correctly, and the tow is messed up. But it is all in our imagination. Thank you also Laurel Ford for the terrific customer service. At least 8 calls were made to them no answer- voice mail left, and NO call back. Our new truck will not be purchased there. — at Laurel Ford.

Lyle, Sherry?

"I purchased a 2011 F150 from Laurel Ford about 3 months..."

I purchased a 2011 F150 from Laurel Ford about 3 months ago. It of coarse came with a manufacturers warranty. The glove box handle broke of which I of course was mad about, after all I did spend over $30,000 for this vehicle. I called Laurel Ford 4 times in inquire about getting it fixed. Each time I was directed to the service manager (Cheryl) I left a massage for her twice explaining the situation and left my phone number. She never returned my call. I called back to see if I could speak with a store manager. The receptionist asked what the issue was and I explained it her answer was that Cheryl was the only one there that could take care of my problem and she was busy. After which I called another Ford dealership (Archie Cochrane) actually talked to the service manager and he ordered the part for me at no charge.

Cheryl

"She told me that since I did not buy my Ford from them..."

She told me that since I did not buy my Ford from them that I was not as important as a customer that had purchased from them. They have yet to fix anything right after 4 visits.

Sheri

"Same exact experience as the first reviewer had. Would..."

Same exact experience as the first reviewer had. Would not give me a price for my 2008 Chev Silverado, parked in front. Only berated the type of truck, which was like new, and would not even give me a price for it so I could figure what a new F150 would cost. The next day they e-mailed me only to say Ressler Motors was only overinflating what they said they would give me to get me to drive to Bozeman, and that Ressler would not honor the 15,000 offer. Guess who, Dan was the salesman. I wanted to purchase locally, but will now drive elsewhere just because of this dealership. I also had financing set up and all I needed to do was write the check. Still never got even a guess of what the deal would have been, as never given numbers. Exactly like the first reviewer.

"What a horrible experience. 2 1/2 hours at their store..."

What a horrible experience. 2 1/2 hours at their store and STILL didn't know whet the bottom line price was for the truck I selected. I had pre-approved financing from our credit union and despite being told at least 5 times, Dan kept trying to push the Ford financing. This to the point of suggesting we go with the Ford financing, take the $1,000 incentive, make three payments, then switch to my credit union. When Dan went over the survey we'd eventually receive, he insinuated that I should "round file it" if I was going to mark anything less than perfect. Twice, Dan disappeared, leaving me alone in their snack bar area for long periods of time. The second time was long enough that I was making to leave when he came back. Then I met their sales manager, Jody. I've only bought 6 vehicles from dealerships, but I have never, not once been talked to in such a condescending manner. He started giving me a ration of what-for over my trade in. His attitude seemed that I and my trade in represented a major inconvenience to him. I got the sense he was either trying to pick a fight, or get me to leave. I finally got tired of his tone and told him to go now and figure up the bottom line. He left in something of a huff. 30 minutes later and I still don't know what the bottom line is. Dan could see that I was getting irritated, but instead of getting up and trying to move things along, he sat there, trying to engage me with vapid banter. I finally got up and went to find Jody myself. There he was at the front counter, BSing with other salespeople. Someone must have seen me because by the time I got back to Dan, he was wanted up front. 10 minutes later, he's back with a couple sheets of paper, full of numbers. He starts down the list and again tries selling me the Ford financing. Here's precisely where the wheels came off. Dan just doesn't listen. I tell him no again and ask him (for at lest the 10th time) to show me the bottom line. He keeps going down his list of numbers, none of which are the bottom line. When he got to the line where they were offering less than half of book value for my trade, I asked for my keys back. For an outfit that has "Straight to the point pricing" all over the joint, I was there 2.5 hours and STILL didn't know the price. Dan follows up the next day by phone, but again isn't listening when I try to tell him that it was his continuously pushing the Ford financing. He's still convinced it was the trade in offer. He told me I should take my truck to the consignment lot because the Indians are about to get their tax refunds. I did finally manage to get a price out of the guy, but only after he mentions that I'll not be getting the $1000 incentive for Ford financing. There's no way in hell I'd buy so much as an apple from these people. In all fairness, Debbie was great to work with over the phone. She had to go out of town for a family emergency. She passed us off to Dan, but he was with another customer when we arrived. I place the blame for this terrible experience on Dan and the sales manager, Jody. If you're looking for a way to drive away customers and ensure they NEVER come back, get with these two clowns.

Debbie, Scott, Dan, Jody

"I had a pickup for sale on Craigslist. The used car..."

I had a pickup for sale on Craigslist. The used car manager of this dealership contacted me and wanted to buy it. Everything seemed to be legit- of course he wanted a better deal, and we agreed on a price. Marty wanted all of the paperwork: title, 10 day pay off, etc. faxed to him, which I promptly did. He told me we would finalize the deal on Monday. However, I was unable to reach Marty all day Monday. He finally called on Tuesday, wanting the mileage so he could get the paperwork finished for the sale. Said he would be sending a check and truck to my location to pick up vehicle. On Friday of the same week, after no word from Marty, I finally rec'd an apologetic email from him. His boss had put a freeze on his funds and he couldn't buy the pickup. But he'd "get back to me" in a few weeks. I contacted the owner of the dealership to apprise him of the situation, as Marty had shared with me that he had just recently been hired. I carefully explained the situation and what had taken place; I shared with the dealership owner that my motivation was not the sale of the truck. It was a courtesy call to inform him of the unproffessional behavior, the verbal agreement and lack of follow-through, etc. To my amazement, the owner was completely unscathed; apparently, he has no problem with Marty's lack of integrity. He verified that a freeze had indeed been placed on all purchases. Ironically, however, it was already in place BEFORE Marty had agreed to purchase my vehicle. And the owner just couldn't understand WHY I thought this was abnormal business behavior. This whole situation is bizarre at best. I don't know what the motivation for this whole exchange was for Marty or for the dealership- to glean my personal information? Who knows. Hopefully, I won't find out. The sad truth is that I turned away a buyer in the mean time, because I thought the truck was going to be purchased by what I thought was a "reputable" dealer... So be forewarned: the dealership owner condones and promotes this deceitful behavior of his employees, and, according to him, has "no problem" with employees lying to customers....hmmm.

Used Car Mgr Marty Heard, and Owner Steve Solberg