Metro Kia

313 North Tennessee St,
Cartersville, Georgia 30120
Metro Kia Info
About Metro Kia

Welcome to Metro Kia! Here at your Atlanta Kia dealership we have a stress-free, no hassle car buying philosophy that encourages customer satisfaction and retention. We want our customers to feel welcome and comfortable while here whether it is for a couple hours during a service appointment or for a few minutes to pick up a new part. Everyone here at Metro Kia wants to see you get into your next car whether it is a Kia Optima, Soul, Rio, Sedona, Sorento or Sportage. We have our entire New Kia, Used Kia and pre-owned vehicle inventory available for you to view on our website. From our friendly, personable sales staff to our informative Finance Department, you'll be met with a smile and a helpful hand. The finance department at Metro Kia is looking forward to helping your find the right financing option for your next car purchase. We work with several local banks and lenders to get you the best rates available. Please feel free to fill out our online pre-approval form prior to heading to the dealership. If you have any questions about financing give us a call at (770) 386-8400. If you aren't currently in the market to purchase, we encourage you to take a minute to visit our state-of-the-art service and parts department. Here at Metro Kia in Cartersville, GA we understand you're busy, we guarantee to get your vehicle serviced accurately and within the time window you were provided with. You can use our online appointment scheduler to schedule your next routine service visit at a time that is convenient for you. Our highly trained certified technicians are willing and able to accurately complete any maintenance work on your Kia or vehicle from another manufacturer. If you would like to complete some of your vehicle's maintenance work at home, we are sure to have the part you need in stock and available for purchase. Whether you are from Cartersville, Atlanta, Marietta, Rome, Woodstock or Kennesaw, Metro Kia is here to help you! Feel free to stop by for a visit; we are conveniently located at 313 N. Tennessee St., Cartersville, GA 30120, we look forward to seeing you!

About Metro Kia

Craig
9/10/2016

"Never again "

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had. The sales associate, Renardo, was rude and unprofessional, making comments like "let me go get yelled at again by management" and constantly criticizing the price I was trying to stay under. Renardo also decided he would post a review of himself on Facebook pretending to be me... After test driving a used Honda Accord, I sat down with Renardo to discuss the price. He came in with a price 2k higher than they had it listed on their website; trying to take advantage of me? I think so...After showing him this, he decided me would scribble price on their website onto a scratch piece of paper and try and get me to sign it.....High pressure salesmanship at its finest... To make matters even worse, I shook hands with the manager agreeing on a price, interest rate, and Metro Kia throwing in a service contract. When I went to finance office to finalize everything, the interest rate was 2.5% higher, and they wanted me to spend the extra money on the service contract... Again, basically trying to get one over on me because I am a younger person. So in conclusion, take your business elsewhere.

Renardo

September 10, 2016

Craig, I personally apologize for your poor experience. We strive not to have anyone this upset and try to make things transparent and a good experience for the customer. I have addressed your comments with my managers and Renardo. His comment was totally unacceptable under any conditions! Our showroom is small so you would have heard if anyone got yelled at and we don't do that and do not treat our employees that way. Again, you'd hear if anyone raised their voice. I"ve addressed your points with my staff and although you may not come back to visit our dealership will be a better place due to your comments. WE don't negotiate service contracts in the deal so that's a no no from the start. The reason is there are many different coverage's and my salesmen and sales managers can not best tailor coverage's from the sales desk. I've had that blow up in our face so I preclude it not to happen. If they told you that they were wrong to do so and that may be some of the mix up in the Finance dept. Again, I apologize and if you should come back you can be assured you will not experience this again. You can ask for me as I'm the owner. Dan.

Tom459
7/05/2016

"Beware!"

I have purchased many cars over a period of four decades. My experience at Metro Kia in Cartersville was hands down the very worst experience I have ever had in trying to buy an automobile. The salesman was nice but once I went inside to talk about the price of a car, I was bombarded by three other individuals in sales, finance, and management who were extremely high pressure and tried to put me in the only car I was allowed to look at. Without going into specific and lengthy details, they lied about the car they were pushing on me and were trying to over charge me almost three thousand above the MSRP and almost five thousand above their listed price for the same car that was advertised on their website. Fortunately, my instincts told me to get out of there and when I looked on their website afterwards, I was appalled at their deceitfulness!! Please BEWARE!!!

Ralph, Dexter

July 06, 2016

Dear Tom, I'm very surprised and disappointed in my staff to leave you with this feeling per your comments. I can tell you that we don't have these types of reviews and it's our goal never to be high pressure. 99% of my poor reviews are sub prime customers who in one form or fashion put something incorrect on the credit application and we can't get the deal approved as it was submitted. Ie, state $2500 income monthly but only make $2200, for a sub prime the banks take a percentage of their income and allocate for their car they are purchasing. When it's less, the approval goes down and they customer needs more cash down or a less expensive payment for the lender to approve. Proof of Residence or proof of income is inconsistent or a few other items cause an upset customer of which I can not affect. However, in your case you didn't purchase a car and had a bad feeling. I do apologize and would like to speak to you on the phone or personally as to the details vs emailing on here. Please call at your convenience 770-386-8400 and ask for me, Dan Johnson the owner. Rita is my assistant and I will tell her a customer named "Tom" may be calling and she will find me so we can speak. Again, I apologize you felt you had a bad experience as a locally owned and operated dealership that is not or M/O and will not be. Please give me a call and I'd like to discuss this matter with you. Thank you, Dan

Awfulexp12
5/29/2016

"Terrible"

I "purchased" a 2016 KIA Optima, signed all of the paperwork regarding the tag, finance terms, final sale price, etc., drove off the lot and had the car a week when I received a text that I needed to come sign additional paperwork. I drive 30 minutes to dealership, sit in the showroom for over an hour, and then they come out and hand me keys to a 2015 KIA Optima and tell me I will have to "switch" cars. I sat in this car when I first visited the dealership and got out two seconds later due to 1) it sounded like a lawnmower when it was cranked and 2) I did not like anything about this car and I was very verbal about letting them know. I was then asked by one of the salesman to "just come look at it" after I told them repeatedly I did not want this car. I then asked why I was trying to be forced into a car that I DID NOT want and they stated, "this is what we thought you'd like." Well "WE" wasn't going to pay the payment on it, *I* was. I was then told that I could not keep the 2016 Optima because the financing did not go through, even though I signed paperwork agreeing on financing terms.

July 06, 2016

Maam, I do apologize for your experience. When I read this I did speak with my managers in what exactly took place and they gave me the story. They should have showed you the pre owned after you agreed/or someone was going to make the pmts on your current trade. I understand you had quite a bit if negative equity and a new car is the only way to help a customer out of their trade if they are not putting a sum of cash down to cover the negative equity vs a pre owned car. However, after you had the trade resolved if you wanted the pre owned they should have moved forward on that car as it would have been easier to get a full approval without your trade. You are correct about that and I've addressed that. I spoke to my GSM and he honestly thought they could secure an approval on the new car but wasn't able to in the long run. We never want to put a customer in a new car or any car if we don't believe we can secure financing as that puts my asset at risk should there be an accident etc. He thought he could but in the final decision he could not as the lenders do the approving and he made an error. I apologize and we don't ever want a customer to have a bad feeling about our dealership as we work hard to maintain a very high customer satisfaction rating. We do make mistakes though and did so in your situation. I'm not going to email on her further but if you'd like to speak to me feel free to call me at the dealership, my name is Dan Johnson the owner. 770-386-8400 accept my apologies. Dan

LisaInCartersville
2/04/2016

"Extreme pressure sales!!!"

Extremely high pressure to push me into vehicles that were nowhere near what I was looking for. Pressure and stress were so intense that I had a LUPUS flare up, and had to leave! NO follow up the next morning as promised, but did receive 2 calls in the next few days trying to push me in to same vehicle I was very clear about not being interested in!!! Ughhhhhhhh!!! Worst experience ever!!!

Misti, Phillip, Dexter

February 06, 2016

In speaking with my staff they are surprised that she is upset as when she left as we were told she just wanted to work on her budget and include the insurance and if she could afford the vehicle. So this complaint is a surprise and as far as 'pressure", Misti our sales person is about as non pressure as they come. I do apologize she felt that way but no one applied pressure as we were concerned about getting the loan approved as well. In short, here is what transpired: She informed my staff that she had purchased a car from a buy here pay here lot which was totaled. According to my staff they were told the vehicle had 180,000 when she bought it and the pmt was $200 per month and she wanted to replace that vehicle. First of all as a new car franchise dealership I don't sell cars with 180,000 miles so that was the first obstacle as we could not accomplish her $200 pmt with zero money down and the circumstance we were dealing with customers situation. We showed her four (4) different cars and she finally landed on a car with 98,000 miles and the payments were $250 ish not $200 and she wanted to go think the situation over. It's my understanding that she's already bought at another "used car lot". Under no circunstances did we want her to feel pressured in any way and not sure why she did feel that way as that's not our style nor our reputation. I don't like that she felt that way and I did address it with all involved which was the salesperson as well as 2 managers in working with her to "try" to accomplish her goal. The issue my staff faced was to sell a higher mile car 98,000 miles (but half as many miles as her previous car), the banks limit the term which in turn raises the payment. When selling a lower mile car the cars value is higher but the banks will go extended terms but a $200 payment without any cash down is almost impossible unless it as a dealer controlled lot like a buy here pay here and they can make the terms (months financed) whatever they want. Using banks as lenders franchised dealerships do not have that flexibility.

jaimiewint
7/29/2015

"Horrible, Scam, Ripoff, Misinformation, Lies"

I purchased a used vehicle and started having break maintenance issues within a couple of months of purchasing my vehicle. I went to the service department on location at Metro Kia at first and was told my breaks were fine. I got a second and third opinion and was told they all needed to be replaced. I didn't understand why I was getting a different diagnoses for my vehicle from the dealership that sold it to me, so to understand better I called Metro Kia and spoke with the owner, Dan about my situation. He talked over me, he made excuses before even listening, when I asked him if I needed to call coportate he told me I could solve the situation however I wanted and hung up on me. No professional quality business owner should ever handle a situation like that. One should listen and say let me help you and we can figure this out and understand it together. I proceeded to go up to the dealership, regardless of the extremely negative response from the owner to try and better understand the product that was sold to me from this company. Thankfully the service manager Scott was very kind and walked me to my car and not only verified that my breaks needed to be replaced but he even showed me how to check them. Now I don't know who checked them the first time and didn't see what Scott and I saw, but the whole situation should have been handled the way Scott handled it, professionally and with genuine care about the product the the company he works for sold to me as a concerned consumer. In my opinion, Scott needs a raise and Dan needs to be replaced because I wouldn't be surprised if other team members are having to "fix special situations" just like mine that were handled incorrectly at the hands of this purely disrepectful owner.

Dan

July 31, 2015

First of all the customer has never spoken to me which she stated in the email. Mrs spoke to my sales manager and Ralph my GSM. The car was purchased in Feb and at that time it had over 40% brake padding on the front brakes and over 65% on the rear. Currently after 5 months the front brakes (I'm told my Scott my service mgr) is down to 20% and the rear brakes are down to 40%. BMW and Mini's have a sport handling and wear brakes. When the car was sold it had plenty of brakes, 40% and 65% respectively. Our standard is if the brakes have less than 35% brake life we replace the brakes. On a non BMW/Mini sports car, 35% will last at least a year depending upon ones driving/stopping habits. From my understanding from the last conversation Mrs Wint's brother called up and stated he was an attorney and later after some 10 minutes of talking informed my GSM that the conversation was recorded. At that time my GSM stated, as an attorney you know it's against the law to record a conversation without "up front" notifying the party it's being recorded, he then ended the call. We do a very thorough job of reconditioning our cars and that includes the breaks. We place a 20 year 200,000 mile powertrain coverage on all "non highline" and under 90,000 miles cars. With that warranty we must have a very good process and recondition our cars thoroughly. If Mrs Wint would like to speak to me personally I'd be glad to discuss her situation. The BMW store is just trying to sell her brakes of which, after 5 months she may very well need depending upon her driving habits. Everyone wears brakes differently depending upon stopping patterns. I was just made aware of this and again, have not spoken to Mrs Wint. Dan Johnson

Michael Farmer
12/13/2014

"What a ride"

II came to check out the 2015 kia optima .Dexter was our salesman.He was very friendly and he had a great attitude.I had never met a car salesman like him.He was great.We took our time and picked out our car and took an awesome test drive.Dexter and the staff made us welcomed and helped us drive out in our new optima.Remington Steele is an awesome ride.This car is worth nameing.Thank you,The Farmer family.

booman3232
10/29/2014

"Deceptive Sales Experience"

While I love our new Kia Sorento very much, the experience after the sale really left a bad taste in my mouth. One of the things I was told by the salesman Dexter was that they offered "Lifetime Oil Changes & Tire Rotations". I asked if I could take advantage of this program at other Kia dealers, and Dexter confirmed I could. When it came time for my first oil change, I took it to my local dealer, and was told I did not have such a plan. I contacted Dexter, who actually said "Oh the 'Lifetime Oil Changes and Tire Rotations' just means that you can bring the car to us for those services, and we will do them. It doesn't mean FREE. You would still have to pay." xxx? Seriously? That is deceptive advertising. I lodged a formal complaint with Kia Corporate. (The customer service rep at Kia was equally shocked by this.) I would not trust anything the team at Metro Kia tells you - they are only interested in making the sale. After that, you are on your own.

chunkymnky01
10/04/2014

"VERY POOR SERVICE"

VERY PROFESIONAL ON KNOWLEDGE OF CAR BUT VERY BAD TRING TO WORK OUT DEAL. NO FOLLOW UP . NOT WILLING TO TRY TO HELPW/ PURCHASE. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO PURCHASE FROM THIS DEALER . POOR CUST SERVICE

MARK

Srknoll
9/05/2014

"Stephen Knoll"

Dexter was great. He was friendly, helpful, professional and knowledgable. I was very pleased with his professionalism and customer attention. He made the car buying process at Kia Metro less stressful.

Chandler3820
9/04/2014

"Great Experience"

Mark Sheppard was very helpful and patient from the moment we arrived. He answered all of our questions and showed us any vehicle we asked about even after our test drive. There was no pressure to buy and we were never rushed. We have been telling family and friends all about Mark Sheppard and Metro Kia.

Mark Sheppard