Priority Honda

Makes: Honda|Service Center

Priority Honda

Priority Honda Info
About Priority Honda

I was able to realize my dream of owning my own dealership when I bought Chevrolet and Toyota dealerships in Chesapeake Virginia. These two stores launched Priority Automotive and the Priority style of doing business. Since then we have grown to 11 dealerships in Virginia and North Carolina serving thousands of customers and providing careers for more than 1,000 employees The key to our success has been the way we treat our customers. Our name Priority says it all. We make you our top priority by putting you first in all that we do. We put you first when you come in for service and we put you first in the value-added services of Priorities for Life when you purchase a vehicle from Priority. Make your next car or truck a Priority!

About Priority Honda

Sunday 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM

Saturday 8:30 AM - 5:00 AM

• Movie Theater
  • Free Manicures on Wednesdays
erik.rummel
10/06/2014

"Frustrating experience from start to finish"

In the interest of fairness to Priority Dealerships I would just like to note that I have had nothing but good things to say about Priority Honda in Hampton. However, the Chesapeake Dealership left much to be desired. We were in the market for a Honda Odyssey. The trim line that we wanted was not available on the lot. They guaranteed us that they could get us a van from another dealership. We just had to pay a $500 deposit for the transfer. They told us that once the vehicle was here, they would refund us the $500. We put the deposit on a credit card since it was being refunded. They asked if we wanted to apply this money as a down payment. We told them that we did not want to because the credit card rate was much higher than the loan we would be getting. They agreed that it made more sense to finance that $500 at 2.25% than whatever the credit card rate was. The next day, they call and tell us they can't find us a van. I was pretty upset because we had walked away from a deal on a Toyota Sienna because they guaranteed they would find us an Odyssey. I told them to refund our deposit and we would take our business elsewhere. They called about an hour later and told me that they found us a van and it would be there the next day. We went the next day and filled out all the paperwork and picked up our brand new Odyssey. As we were leaving, we asked if they had refunded the $500 deposit yet. They had not, but swore it would be taken care of that night. Fast forward to last week when our credit card bill comes. Low and behold, there is a $500 charge from Priority Honda. My wife called to inquire and they told her that a manager would contact her. She received a call from a manager that apologized for the mistake, and told her he would take care of it personally. A few hours later, I receive a calf from the same manager telling me that there will be no refund because the $500 was applied as a down payment. I had the same discussion again about why anyone would put $500 down on a credit card. He agreed that it made no sense. His suggestion was to call the bank and see if they could reissue a check for the amount plus the $500. He had no other suggestions on how to fix the problem. He did not give us our $500 back, and made no concessions to try to make us feel a little better about being hosed. He just apologized. I don't believe that their actions were malicious. I do believe that they are just simply incompetent. When you are making the number of deals that they make, keeping track of numbers is essential! So, for future car purchases, we will steer clear of this dealership and spend our hard earned dollars elsewhere.

Brandon Whitley

Jas_erv
9/12/2014

"Outstanding!!"

I just bought my first brand new car!!! I purchased a 2014 Honda Civic! Scottie Holley did an amazing job! He was very professional yet still down to earth, nothing like a "typical car salesman". I was upside down on my trade in and he got a great deal for me. I walk out with the keys to the car of my dreams, and with payments I can afford at a good interest rate! If your going up to priority Scottie Holley is the man you need to see!

bodhi the
8/25/2014

"awesome dealership"

I had a pleasure of dealing with Mr. Joe Jehoich I wanted a 2014 Civic Si sedan in Tafetta white color and Joe got the ball rolling from the moment he got my online credit app. and he got me approved the same day and went searching for the color that I wanted, and it only took him a couple of days to locate one from far away and this was done just by emailing each other back and forth ( due to the busted speaker of my cell phone ) and Joe is honest and transparent with the numbers of the deal he was offering me...I very much highly recommend Joe Jehoich and I am pretty sure that there's a lot of employee in Priority Honda who gets the job done just like Joe Jehoich did to me for getting me inside a 2014 Honda Civic Si...Thanks, Joe and everybody that helped me when I came to pick up my car!!!!!!

Joe Jehoich, Linda Roberts

Matagalpaman
7/27/2014

"Nightmare Experience"

I drove up from NC to shop Priority because of the offer they gave me for my trade-in. After picking an Accord and signing a purchase agreement Sales Manager Joseph Monaghan refused to honor the trade-in price they originally offered. Priority used a sweet trade-in amount to get me in the door, then revoked it in a disingenuous effort to squeeze more money out of me. Such double-dealing makes buying a car a miserable experience. Potential Priority customers beware.

Joesph Monaghan

leonardebba
5/16/2014

"Joe Jehoich"

After trading in my 2012 Honda Civic for a new 2014 Honda Accord Sport, with the help of Joe Jehoich, and his outstanding team, I am a very satisfied customer. Joe has answered and assisted with every inquiry I had. Great job!

Joe Jehoich

LBrumund
4/29/2014

"Lawrence Velvin"

My husband and I dropped by Priority Honda on Battlefield Blvd during our lunch break to test drive CRV's. Lawrence Velvin met us and shared his vast knowledge of each of the vehicles we drove. Based on our desires of features we were looking for in a new vehicle, he then showed us the Honda Crosstour. We were very impressed with not just the vehicle, but also with the professionalism that Lawrence exhibited during our test drive(s). He was very conversational and we felt no pressure to make a commitment to buy something that day. He did share with us that we would likely get a great price on the Crosstour as it had been on the lot for some time. He quickly ran inside to get a price from the manager (really - he was gone less than 5 min) and came back to let us know that they would immediately take 20% off the sticker price. We were so impressed that we came back that evening and purchased the Crosstour! We have purchased several cars in the past and have to say that this was the least stressful purchase process we have ever encountered. Thank you, Lawrence, for helping to make a usually very painful experience a very pleasant one! We will certainly recommend Lawrence and Priority to anyone.

Tierra_Wa
4/15/2014

"I BOUGHT A HONDA!!! *smile"

Scottie Holley’s knowledge of the CR-V, his listening skills, AND quality of service were SUPERB! I have been a fan of Chevy for years…and although I did my research about the quality of Honda, Scottie was able to highlight safety features, gadgets, and vehicle capabilities that I was unaware of. Scottie’s listening skills were on target. In the past, I have worked with car salesmen who desired to put me in vehicles there were “polar opposite” of what I desired. These past experiences made me feel like I was a number as opposed to a person. Scottie listened, and found EXACTLY what I desired. He also WELCOMED me into the Priority Family! So if you’re looking for a positive and encouraging sales rep that desires to put you in the vehicle of your choice for the right price ask for Scottie! He’s OUTSTANDING!! (smile)

dcelbert
4/09/2014

"Had Knots In My Stomach Walking In There"

I dread buying cars let alone a pre-owned vehicle. My adventure began a week ago as I started on line shopping, reading Edmond's Reviews and Car Fax. I decided after much homework that I wanted a pre-owned Honda CRV. I found one that I liked and was rated well at Priority Honda in Chesapeake so completed the pre-work and not less than ten minutes I received a call. I explained my needs which included my financial status and was very clear what I wanted. The very next call was from a salesman, Scottie Holley and we had a very relaxed conversation about my preferences. He was very understanding, not pushy and we arranged to meet. For 3 days I practiced the art of negotiating because my experiences have always been painstaking. I arrived at the dealership and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist and then was introduced to Scottie Holley. I saw he had the car I was thinking of already parked at front (nice touch by the way). So I immediately thought, okay, hook, line and sink her. We sat down and discussed some options including a salvage trade in then went to look at the car. He explained everything the car had to offer and handed me the keys and off I went for a little test drive. I really liked this car but was still nervous about the anticipated "deal". We again sat down and we talked more about Priority's Certified Program in a way that I understood and not once did I feel any pressure. He laid everything out and my anxiety started to dissipate. We went back a few times until both of us felt we had reached an agreement satisfactory to both of us. My anxiety had now turned to excitement about the purchase of my new vehicle. I actually started to have a good time. Never have I had the experience that I had today with a car salesman. I felt no pressure, not tricks up his sleeve and he coordinated the entire experience with care and compassion. We had made a connection and I felt that we had known each other for a long time. I consider myself very intuitive to people and while some might say it is a car salesmen's shtick to make the customer feel the way I felt, I don't think this was trickery. It felt genuine. I felt Scottie Holley was looking out for my best interests and my needs. He went above and beyond what I had expected and I did not second guess myself or have buyers remorse when I drove off the lot in my new "pre-owned" Priority Certified CRV. It almost makes me want to go buy another car from him. Priority Honda in Chesapeake has a gem of a salesmen in Scotty Holley. Hats off to them for hiring him and for people like me, it was the first time I have ever had such a positive car buying experience. He really sells the Priority Brand and does it exceptional. Donna Elbert Chesapeake, Virginia

AP 6501
4/09/2014

"Best Honda dealership"

I've dealt with Priority for 7 years and have been given excellent service every time. Tae Hwang has been my service advisor, it's been a great pleasure working with him,always courteous , friendly and knowledgable . Dave Lindsey just sold me my new Honda CRV which I just love! (Tae said I would love it.) Dave made my buying experience the best I have ever had no pressure, took the time to explain the car's bells and whistles and made me feel comfortable with my purchase . I'm a Priority For Life member! I drive 45 miles one way just so I know I'm in good hands. A.Parker

Tae Hwang and Dave Lindsey

myhope
4/08/2014

"Excellent Salesmanship"

Found a similar vehicle in the Mazda line of SUV's. Contacted Mr. Ellmer's officer but was unable to speak with him. I have been dealing with Priority & Dennis since he bought the old Kline Chevrolet dealership. I thought he owned a Mazda dealership, but his Executive Assistant Cindy asked me to give the Honda CRV a look and she would set up a time for me to meet with the General Manager. She did so and last Tuesday, I went in and purchased the Honda CRV that I had test driven the previous Friday night with Lawrence Velvin as the salesperson. I shared with him that I knew Mr. Ellmer and that I liked the CRV but did not believe they could beat the Mazda price because the CRV was several thousand more expensive.. Upon returning on Tuesday to meet with Adam, Lawrence greeted me and had already put the car I test drove aside. I traded in 2 previously purchased vehicles that I had purchased years ago from Priority Toyota and the dealership more than beat the price of the Mazda. While there, Mr. Ellmer came in for a meeting with employees, recognized me and came over to chat while I was waiting to finalize the deal. I was only at the dealership for appx 1 & 1/2 hours and completed the whole process. Before Mr. Ellmer left, he came back over just as I was finishing up to make sure I had been taken care of. I told him more than adequately and how appreciative I was that Cindy as me to give them a chance.............. I am a PRIORITY buyer for life!!!!! I could not have been treated any better. As a matter of fact, I made the comment to the Finance Manager that I continue to be impressed with the professionalism exhibited by Priority personnel. The dress code is very professional. At a local dealership when I was just looking, I was approached by someone whom I thought was the lot attendant. As I was looking at the SUVs, I heard a voice say "Hey Bubba; what you looking for? Can I help you?" He was dressed in jeans, tennis shoes, and a red hoodie. I told him I was just looking and he said "Well, here's my card.....if you need any help just let me know!" He was actually a salesperson!!!!!! Tom Holland

General Manager Adam