Priority Honda

621 Battlefield Boulevard North,
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320
Priority Honda Info
About Priority Honda

I was able to realize my dream of owning my own dealership when I bought Chevrolet and Toyota dealerships in Chesapeake Virginia. These two stores launched Priority Automotive and the Priority style of doing business. Since then we have grown to 19 dealerships in Virginia and North Carolina serving thousands of customers and providing careers for more than 1,000 employees The key to our success has been the way we treat our customers. Our name Priority says it all. We make you our top priority by putting you first in all that we do. We put you first when you come in for service and we put you first in the value-added services of Priorities for Life when you purchase a vehicle from Priority. Make your next car or truck a Priority!

About Priority Honda

Sunday 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

• Movie Theater
  • Free Manicures on Wednesdays
Ms. B
5/04/2016

"Went in for service and left with a new vehicle"

Second time where I went for service and left with a new vehicle. Danny was very nice and attentive, Raj always comes through; really enjoy working with him.. Donnell is always there and makes sure you get what you need.

babsdur63
4/15/2016

"Bad business practices"

Bad business practices. I had a scheduled appointment for my CRV for an oil change on a Monday. The Sunday before my appointment, a Priority Honda salesman called me. He said that he got my name from the service department and he started giving me the sales pitch to trade in and upgrade my CRV. I do not appreciate the service department releasing my information to the sales department. BAD BUSINESS releasing information like that. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

unknown

Priority Honda responded to this review

April 19, 2016

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience and I'd appreciate the opportunity to learn more and help resolve this situation. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. 757-213-5029. Jim Rose, Fixed Operations Manager

Mustang girl
3/16/2016

"Test drive of HRV"

Contacted the dealership regarding an extended overnight test drive. Was told I was not able to do that unless I was 100% sure I wanted the car. Just started looking, so unsure right now. Have a disability and won't be sure it works for me until I drive it more than just down the road and back! Really liked the car and the salesman, but won't be purchasing anything from this dealer EVER!! Sales manager is horrible!! Looking somewhere else!!

JAne
3/14/2016

"Smart Keys are beyond Stupid! "

They need your car towed in to program your useless key? Are you freaken kidding me? What a scam...a con job in epic proportions!

Some young chick

Priority Honda responded to this review

March 21, 2016

We’re terribly sorry to hear about your frustration. The feature for a new key needing to be programed by Honda is to prevent someone from creating an unauthorized copy of your key. This immobilizer system is an anti-theft device that is standard on all of today’s vehicles. If there’s anything we can do to further help you, or if you have any questions, please give us a call at (757) 213-5029.

scout
1/13/2016

"By any other name ?"

Not so long ago, dealers would charge an "Adjusted Market Value " fee. Consumers quickly figured out this was out right effort to artificially and improperly raise the value of a vehicle with the net hoped for effect of raising the profit margins of the car dealership. Consumers quickly and consistently avoided these fees and forced most dealerships to abandon this sleezy business . Accelerated to 2015 and these slicksters have now invented the "Processing Fee" to suck more money from the pockets of unsuspecting, and unsophisticated auto consumers. They claim its a required fee to cover the costs of doing business.Really. Are there sleezbags claiming they lost money before charging thesis fees? NO they are not. Do they provide proof of overhead rates ? NO they do not. Does not the car factory sticker state that the delivery and processing fee pay for these services ? YES, it does. I have had dealers tell me "it's state law, we have to charge it". Really? A lie. They say everyone has to pay the fee. TRUE? NOT> Car dealers no matter how much they contribute to the high school year book or place adds in local news papers are based on deception and lies. Im waiting for someone in the dealership fraternity to have the courage to say what these fees actually are, a blatant attempted to make more money PERIOD. The tactic of imposing an "Administrative Fee" is not justified and has the effect of literally stealing by deception.....Something to consider, it is true the state has established a maximum value for this "Administrative fee" supposedly based on a dealers actual overhead costs.....If true, and it is, Why do all dealers charge the maximum fee allowed by law without justification or explanation???? WHY??? Because this law is a license to make money? and Priority is bad, bad to the bone in extracting this fee from each honest person trying to purchase a car from them. SHAME on Priority and every other dealer for charging this indefensible fee. Shame on them for twisting the truth in justifying to their customers the outrageous fees and shame on these business owners who chose to cover there own inefficiencies and excesses by asking their customers to pay even more for their over priced products. UPDATE #1 Dealers charge an administrative fee THEY SAY to cover the costs of ??????? If true,,,it should be simple to produce a breakdown of the costs this fee is supposed to cover....Has anyone reading this ever received a document outlining the breakdown of this fee? no one to my knowledge ever has. The reason ? IT's Indefensible. UPDATE #2 First see number one......Now if these fees were to cover true documented costs, Logic tells us each dealer would charge a separate different fee. Establish dealers who carry no debt or are efficient in carrying out their business should have a lower fee than those heavily in debt, have immature/expensive processing costs or who lavish rings, vacations and high salaries on management. Contrary to the assurance I recieved that Everyone pays the fee and the fee is set by the state, I find both assertions to be false......In private, my sales rep assured me that others had not paid the fee. As to the state setting the fee, FALSE,, the state set a ceiling for these fees,they did not set a static value of the fee for every dealer. Just sad, these guys can't lower expenses and/or make more money by selling more cars. I would ask Priority to explain the fee and justify it. I would ask they train sales people to honestly explain this fee and provide a written outline of what expenses it is meant to cover. Finally, My experience at Priority regarding their insistence on and justification for this fee was disappointing.

Prefer not to answer

R0ckerch1c
1/11/2016

"Friendly Staff and Low Pressure "

I have bought 5 cars now from this location and will continue to do so. The staff is friendly and helpful. The "haggle" process is low pressure and easy to do. As a woman, anything car related is very intimidating to me, but Priority Honda has found a way to make me feel like I am safe and I belong.

janelleenglish
1/11/2016

"Amazing!"

We bought a 2016 Pilot on Saturday! What a great experience. From start to close we were treated with respect and had all of our questions answered quickly and accurately. Anthony Stanley was our salesman and he guided us to the perfect car. After the numbers were given, Rachel came in with the "extras" and was quick and efficient and NOT pushy! That's always a plus! Then came the finance man, John. He was great, explaining the road side and key replacement program (a must) and keeping us relaxed as we finalized the paperwork. My parents also purchased a CRV from Anthony a few months ago and had a wonderful experience. Thanks everyone!

Rachel, John

mike1234
12/29/2015

"Horrible Experience - DO NOT SHOP HERE"

I have been to multiple dealerships in the area and have never been treated so harshly as I was at Priority Honda. If you look to do any kind of solid negotiating from the invoice price, you will be treated horribly. I asked for a base model CR-V and they presented me a base model with 3 dealer add-ons. I repeatedly stated that I did not want the add-ons, as they increased the cost by nearly $500. I asked to see a model without the add-ons and they said that all the CR-V's have the add-ons. Their technique is then to tell you how great their Priority services are (free oil changes/state inspections/guarantee on the engine) and will tell you that the increased cost is worth it. When I stated that free oil changes do not sway me to pay more for the car, the manager wrote in Sharpee on the paper "NO OIL CHANGES" and stated that if I buy the car, I won't get them because "they don't matter to me". What a joke. The salesman that stood out the most was Bill Laterum. He began the conversation by calling me "Mr. Invoice" and cursed multiple times throughout the conversation. He said I should be happy with the sticker price. When I told him that I did not believe that they wouldn't make any money selling the car at invoice, he repeatedly asked me if I was calling him a liar. He was by far the most childish dealer I have ever experienced. Do not shop at this dealer if you plan on doing any solid negotiation. Remember people, start at the invoice price and work up! Do not start at the MSRP and work down!

Bill Laterum

N1CO_M3
12/28/2015

"See work before agreement"

Beyond the free state inspections and oil changes, I don't trust Priority Honda service one bit. Went in for a state inspection and left with a $400 bill to replace 1 motor mount. Upon inspecting the motor mount they supposedly replaced (front passenger), it appears that it wasn't replaced at all. I'll admit I should've declined the work, but I didn't (I didn't know what I was thinking). The motor mount was either not touched or replaced with a used one because the mount is still dirty. I tried calling my SA, but they never returned my phone calls. I think I'll do my own service now (even though oil changes are free) and go to an independent shop for bigger jobs. Make sure you ask to show you what's "broken" before any payment. That's one thing I regret. Your experience may be different , but mine left me with an uneasy feeling of being duped. I should've went with my gut feeling, but I didn't...should've, would've, could've. Lesson learned.

Amy Ewell

KM218
12/27/2015

"Horrible experience! Do not use this place..."

Initially when trying to buy my car, salesperson was friendly and professional. It was late at night when I drove the car off the lot and because I was scheduled to come back to have my under carriage coated I did not ask for a 2nd key to the vehicle that night. One would think I ask these greedy jerks to cure some incurable disease. I was told the car did not have a 2nd key and if I wanted one I should have made it known the night I signed the purchase agreement. Run! Do not go and give your hard earned money to these jerks. They will put on a friendly, courteous front until you signed on the dotted line after that they will act if will certainly make it known to you they don't really owe you anything further.(Per sales manager) The worst purchasing experience. And the sad thing is you would think I paid dirt cheap for the car.I didn't! I paid the NADA retailed value for the car. Go to elsewhere if you want to be valued as a customer and not just your dollars!

chet riddick