Rosenthal Fairfax Volkswagen

Sunday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Lisastern
5/29/2014

"Disappointing experience"

My experience as a VW owner has been terrible. With only 42K miles, my 2011 Jetta needs $1,800 of service and the dealership has refused to help defray the costs of the repair. I have tried endlessly to contact anyone from VW of America but cannot seem to get a return phone call or person to contact. There should not be major computer failures in any well built car that is less than 3 years old. If it was unusual, VW and/or the dealership should be willing to stand behind their product. My Jetta has had problems since I purchased it and I would never buy a VW again.

June 04, 2014

Ms. Stern, We're sorry for the experience you've had. To our knowledge, our Social Media Manager attempted contacting you to direct you to an individual who might be able to help. Would this be correct? We understand your frustration, and there's not much else that can be done if the vehicle is no longer under warranty. Regards, Fairfax VW

bmackevans
5/20/2014

"Good service"

Emmanuel was a pleasure to deal with. He was knowledgeable of the various vehicles, patient and did not push a decision. He is a very pleasant and professional gentleman to do business with.

May 20, 2014

bmackevans, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit with us! We will be sure to share this with Emmanuel! Your Proud VW Dealer, Fairfax VW

Lorenzo23
5/13/2014

"Pleasent Experience"

As much as I hate the car buying experience in general, I must admit my experience at Rosenthal Fairfax Volkswagon and working with Mr. Dugbartey was quite pleasent. His willingness to ensure the customer's satisfaction really made a huge difference. His knowledge of the product also was very helpful and I would definitely recommend anyone in the market for a Volkswagon should checkout Mr. Dugbartey at Rosenthal Fairfax Volkswagon.

Emmanuel Dugbartey

May 13, 2014

Lorenzo, Thank you so much sharing your experience by taking the time to write a review! We will be sure to share this with Emmanuel. Congratulations on your new car, and welcome to the Fairfax Volkswagen family! Your Proud VW Dealer, Fairfax Volkswagen

pgodoy
5/12/2014

"Unbelievable Tactics"

I visited Fairfax VW in the hopes of purchasing a used car. From the very moment I encountered salesman Ahmad, I knew this would be typical (in the negative sense) car purchasing experience. After explaining that I was there to see Jetta SE's with a manual transmission, Ahmad told me he had an "incredible" offer for a new 2014 Jetta SE manual that to his disbelief had been marked down by the owner from $19, 000 to $16,169). After taking up how incredible the deal was, we took it out for a test drive. During the drive, Ahmad asked my how I liked the car and the price. I responded that I like it, but that the price was a starting point for me. Before I could say another word, he told me that this was the final price and told me to turn the car around and drive back to the dealership because we were wasting each others time. Ahmad's conduct was clearly an attempt to pressure me to believe to accept the marked price. His tactic, however, was ridiculous and went well beyond the stereo types associated with car purchasing. Despite his attempts to get me to turn around, I refused to turn around and announced my intent to complete the test drive and switch to a different salesman. During our the remainder of the drive, Ahmad seemed to realize that I was not falling for his antics and did an about face and began to conduct himself more professionally as we approached the dealership. Upon our return to the dealership, I elected not to speak to the sales manager and see what other interesting tactics Ahmad would pull out...and it didn't take long, though I am sure they are no different than the typical things poor salesman do. After leaving I visited, two other VW dealerships in Maryland. Both had prices that were even more "incredible" than Ahmad's final price. Ahmad's antics and conduct left such a sour taste in my mouth, that I will never step foot in a Rosenthal owned dealership again. Ahmad reflects the worst in saleman and should be retrained in his approach.

Ahmad Hasson

May 12, 2014

pgodoy, We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience during your visit with us. We take all feedback as an opportunity to improve our customer service. Our General Manager would like to personally know more about this situation. Please email CareTeam@FairfaxVW.com, and we will do our best to make things right. Regards, Fairfax VW

ellijoe
3/04/2014

"We have used Rosenthal Fairfax service for over two years..."

We have used Rosenthal Fairfax service for over two years and are consistently happy with price and quality. Leon is an awesome service manager! We usually wait and he's great about checking in on progress while we're waiting and answering questions. Making an appointment is never a challenge as they are always accommodating and flexible with appointment times. Service can usually take a bit of time, but free wifi, comfortable seating in the waiting area, and free coffee certainly help! In addition, the waiting room is always super clean. Recently, when in need of new tires for our GTI, we priced Costco, NTB, and others to see if we could save a bit. However, the research was in vain. In the end, the quote we got from Leon was on point with all the others, so it made no sense to go anywhere else. In the end, the final bill was about $20 less than quoted and less overall from anywhere else we had checked. We use Rosenthal Fairfax for routine maintenance, as well as for other services and auto body repair. Last summer, after a run-in with an SUV in a parking lot, our GTI was in need of some front-bumper work. The other driver's insurance was covering the cost through Progressive and we set up service through Rosenthal Fairfax's auto body shop. Leon helped to coordinate the service and the auto body shop worked directly with Progressive to take care of the whole thing. We literally dropped off the vehicle at the dealership, met Enterprise there for our rental, and dropped off the rental at the dealer a week later when we picked up our car. We felt like there was more we needed to be doing and even called the folks at the Rosenthal's auto body shop. Our questions were answered and anxieties put to rest, these folks were professionals did such a great job. Our car looked great and we felt well taken care of throughout the experience.

Leon

March 05, 2014

ellijoe, Thanks again for another great review! We're glad that our service and sales departments have impressed you this much. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!

ellijoe
3/04/2014

"We have leased two vehicles through Rosenthal Fairfax and..."

We have leased two vehicles through Rosenthal Fairfax and can't say enough about our experiences on both occasions. Both transactions were through the amazing work of Daune Yorke. In both cases we negotiated on numbers which worked for us, and Daune was honest and sincere throughout the process. Even when we were first looking a few years ago, upon our initial entrance into Rosenthal Fairfax, salesmen were not pushy and happy to let us look and answer questions. It just worked out that Daune had all the answers we were looking for and his expertise led us to drive home in a GTI which we loved for two years. After going over miles on our lease, we were unsure of what our options were--this uncertainty was unnecessary. Daune and the folks at Rosenthal appreciated our dedication, and made the process of getting into a car super easy. We negotiated on terms that worked for us smoothly and efficiently. Even our finance guy, Tony, was patient and honest. Rosenthal offers a lot of extras up front on the finance end, and their "menu" of options made it really easy to understand what we could get and how much it would cost. We had a lot of questions and Tony was really sincere in helping us figure out what was best for our needs and budget. In the end, we have a beautiful car with a great warranty, and nothing but positive notes on the entire experience. In addition to the staff and service, I have to also comment on the cleanliness of the dealership. From the showroom floor, to the bathrooms, and the waiting area, the entire space is immaculate. The space is complimented by the staff, everyone is very nice and there's not an aggressive note of competition amongst the salesmen to be found. There's a sense of camaraderie and friendliness between the staff which resonates to the sales floor and beyond.

Daune Yorke

March 05, 2014

ellijoe, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a thoughtful review! We're glad that you have enjoyed your visits with us, and we hope that you will always choose Rosenthal Fairfax Volkswagen for all your vehicle needs. Your Proud Volkswagen Dealer, Rosenthal Fairfax Volkswagen

smfarag
12/18/2013

"I just wanted to share my enthusiasm over the superior..."

I just wanted to share my enthusiasm over the superior service I received at Rosenthal Fairfax VW when I came in to purchase my new vehicle this past weekend. The staff was friendly, catering, and eager to answer all my questions and remain attentive to my family. However, I wanted to take the opportunity to highlight the efforts of one of your salesman, Ahmad. Ahmad was incredibly considerate of my budget, answered all of my questions, and was very efficient in meeting all my needs during my transactions. Ahmad went out of his way to make sure I was able to go home with the right car, and I did! I appreciate his trouble along with that of Rosenthal Fairfax VW, and their effort in helping me acquire my new car.

Ahmad

December 19, 2013

smfarag, Congratulations on the new car, and thank you for taking the time to review our dealership on DealerRater! I'm glad that you had a great experience during your visit with us, and I will be sure to let Ahmed know about his outstanding performance. If there is ever anything we can do for you, just let us know. Welcome to the Fairfax VW family! Best, Stephen Anfield Social Media/Customer Relations

maysa
12/17/2013

"Ahmad Hassan was very informative about the vehicles and..."

Ahmad Hassan was very informative about the vehicles and was patient with us. He is willing to go out of his way to make the customer happy and the staff was very helpful as well.

Ahmad Hassan

December 17, 2013

maysa, Thank you so much for the great review! We're glad that you had a positive experience during your visit with us.

sam1966
12/17/2013

"unprofissional behaivor and backing up on thier wards..."

unprofissional behaivor and backing up on thier wards ....I prefer to go on a bus than buying a car from this palce..when I made the deal with another dealer finaly they started calling and harrasing me with dirty wards.

December 27, 2013

Sam1966, We're sorry that you had a negative experience. If you haven't done so already, please email CareTeam@FairfaxVW.com so we can resolve the issue. Best, Stephen Anfield Social Media/Customer Relations Representative

aprilb1979dam
10/24/2013

"Great waiting area, very attentive and compassionate..."

Great waiting area, very attentive and compassionate staff-- especially Leon King. When the service dept. had to order my part, they offered to give me a loaner-- but living in Northern VA, that gave me a lot of anxiety. Leon had them put my car back together for me until the part came in. His sense of humor and smile made the costly repair a bit easier to bear. The repair ended up being a bit less than I was originally quoted, so that's always a plus :)

Leon King