Tom Dinsdale Chevrolet

1.4

3312 W. Stolley Park Road, Grand Island, Nebraska 68802 Directions

1 Review of Tom Dinsdale Chevrolet

June 29, 2017

"Felt like I was scammed"

- GroovyGirl1975

I recently purchased a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer from this dealership. When I went in to test drive the vehicle the dealership had to jump start it, then it had the ABS/Traction lights on. I asked the sales person to look into it -- the reply that I got was that they turned on due to the jump start. I proceeded to ask that this issue be checked and repaired before I would purchase it. I was told that it would be remedied. I stated that I didn't want the light "just reset" and that I wanted it looked at, I was assured that it would be. When I returned to purchase the vehicle all "seemed" well. I got my new car and off I went. At no time was I informed about the other issues with the vehicle. I later found that the rear wider didn't work, the rear wiper cover was missing and the vent covers were missing on some of the rear vents. A couple of days after the purchase the ABS/Traction lights came back on, I would have to turn off the car to reset them. I also was at my parents house, my children were getting into the vehicle when I heard a crash. I looked over and the passenger side running board was laying on the ground. I thank God that I wasn't driving when the happened because who knows what accident could have transpired. I placed the running board in the back of my vehicle and drove directly over to the dealership, I explained all the issues that I had, I was informed that I bought the vehicle "as is" and that they "can't fix everything". I was told that they would be happy to remove the other running board but I would have to come back later. I don't live or work in Grand Island so returning during the week is not a good alternative for me. I have now been driving around with just 1 running board for some time, I have priced the parts that I need to repair the rear wiper and vents. At this time I can't afford to fix the things that are wrong. I am so disappointed in Dinsdales, I went there because I had heard that they were good -- boy was I wrong. I have 2 children that I will need to buy cars for, I can tell you I will not be going to Dinsdales to purchase them. UPDATE as of 7/3/2017: My starter went out today. I know this can't be predicted but just seemed like another nail in the coffin.

Kaylie