Toyota Carlsbad

Toyota Carlsbad
Call
Toyota Carlsbad Info
About Toyota Carlsbad

Welcome to Toyota Carlsbad! We are looking forward to serve you with the relaxed and friendly service we have been known for since 1972! This year we have pledged to treat each of our guests to the Toyota Carlsbad Loving Care, TCLC, way of doing business. TCLC is an array of full-service amenities for your complete satisfaction. Whether you are in the market for a new or pre-owned vehicle, or need an oil filter, we're here to take care of your needs from purchase to service and everything in between!

About Toyota Carlsbad

Sunday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

"Repeat customers of Alex Ordonez - terrific expertise "

I and my wife have bought two autos from Alex Ordonez, the most recent a 2014 Venza Limited, and we also use Toyota of Carlsbad's service department. We've been extremely pleased with Alex's product knowledge and professionalism, and while everyone typically hates the process of buying a car, Alex makes it easy because he has such comprehensive knowledgeable of the vehicles, standard and optional equipment, etc., as well as the financing options. No hassle, no pressure - a very easy process. We wouldn't hesitate to buy another car from Alex nor would we hesitate to recommend him to any of our close friends. Thanks!

June 23, 2014

Hi Pete, Your positive experience is music to our ears! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. We try to combat the negative feeling that people get when purchasing a car by providing our customers with relaxed and friendly service. We will thank Alex for doing just that! And congratulations on your new Venza! We hope that you're enjoying it. If you ever need anything or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"Disappointed"

I bought my new Toyota Highlander at the end of December. I waited to review this dealership because I wanted to be fair and hopefully my attitude towards them changed. It has not. First, for the last 2 years, my 2008 Highlander Hybrid limited had been having problems with the gas tank (won't fill up) then the braking system was malfunctioning. After numerous attempts to repair & thousands of dollars spent, the vehicle still wasn't repaired. Refunds were not issued in hopes to "eventually" figure out the problems & repair them. The braking system went out on a weekend evening, leaving me & my children stranded. We had the vehicle towed to Carlsbad. I requested the Sales Team & Services department work together because of all of the problems I had over the last 2 years. They did not accommodate. They knew "they had me" because my vehicle was in the shop. It was not worth repairing. The sales team wouldn't budge in price; I had to show them vehicles at Mossy to get them to budge. Moreover, once we had finally made a deal, I requested new car mats to be included, that was denied, and they wanted $200 for my old car mats. They ended up reducing the value of my car because I refused to pay for more all weather mats, a cargo net and my surf racks (that I already owned!). When I was transferring my 6 year old car mats over to my brand new Highlander, I requested my old car mats be sprayed off. The salesman looked at me like I was crazy-why should I even have to ask to have dirty old all weather car mats sprayed off before I put them in a brand new $37,000 vehicle? I was shocked that I would even have to ask this! I had to threaten to walk away from the entire deal, have my car towed elsewhere (Mossy) just to have clean car mats. They finally sprayed off my mats. Since purchasing my vehicle, I have been working with Mossy, and they have given me excellent customer service. They have taken excellent care of my vehicle. I regret not towing my vehicle & just working w/Mossy. Lesson learned.

Jonathan

June 13, 2014

Hi Lauren, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize for the frustration with your 2008 Highlander. Diagnosing mechanical issues can be tricky sometimes and not always the most pleasant situation to deal with. I know that we touched base back in May to make amends, but if there's anything else I can do please do not hesitate to reach out to me direct. All the best, Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"By far the best car buying experience I've ever had...."

By far the best car buying experience I've ever had. Very genuine, not at all pushy or salesy -- listened to my needs and was very helpful. I would recommend and revisit without question.

Duff Joy

February 24, 2014

Hi There- We are so glad that we were able to provide you with an excellent car buying experience! Our goal is to break the typical dealership stereotype by being genuine and helpful, not just during the sales process, but throughout your ownership :). Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We look forward to servicing you and your vehicle for many more years to come! Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"I had an interesting experience. I live in the area so I..."

I had an interesting experience. I live in the area so I thought it would make sense to go local and see what Toyota Carlsbad could do reference a new car purchase. I used to work with a salesman at Carlsbad who always cut out the bull and got down to business and sell a car at the best price out there. My wife, two children, and I went to Toyota Carlsbad about (3) hours prior to closing to attempt to purchase our vehicle. When we got there I had an appt. with Alex Ordonez. He was friendly upon greeting but that was about it. Has anyone ever got the feeling that they are a thorn in someones side? Well this is how 98% of the contact went. We felt like we were a huge burden to Mr. Ordonez and that we were wasting his time. Rolling eyes and heavy breathing sighs indicated to us that his goal was to get us out of his office and off the lot as quick as possible on his clock (keeping in mind the store closed in 2-3 hours). In the end, we both felt like we were a waste of his time and efforts. We felt like we were a burden to him. We also felt that he did not have any real interest in providing us with answers to our simple questions and that it was a chore to drive around the block in two different vehicles for a test drive. Making a car purchase is somewhat of a big decision for a family who is about to spend 20-30k on a new vehicle. My suggestion: show additional respect and care for your customers and show interest / enthusiasm. What did I do? Well, I went right back to Kevin Edgett at Toyota of Escondido and purchased a new vehicle in 2 hours the next eve. He not only offered me and BEAT Toyota Carlsbad, but he cut to the chase and gave me the real price for add-ons such as leather seating, etc. He doesn't bull, loves his job, and it shows. In the end, I left with a better deal, supreme service, and appreciation as a returned customer. My family and I won't be visiting Toyota Carlsbad anymore due to this experience most likely. Being a fleet manager, I would expect Mr. Ordonez to show more of a representation of the dealership. I warn those who go there and to avoid the vulture sales atmosphere. Show some respect

March 03, 2014

Hi- I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the chance to speak with you regarding this review, and to get a better understanding of the events that went on. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"Would like to express the great customer service I..."

Would like to express the great customer service I received Alex Ordonez helped me with my overall concerns about buying certified used and worked with what I was looking for in a vehicle I would highly recommend this dealership and sales mgr.

January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that Alex Ordonez was able to help you find the perfect vehicle. We look forward to seeing you again when the time comes for service. Regards, Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"Living in the OC near the LA county border, Carlsbad..."

Living in the OC near the LA county border, Carlsbad seemed a bit distant but the drive was worth it !! Marcos Thomas was a busy man that day but still kept in contact both phone/email. Decided to go last minute instead of two days later on a Sat and Marcos ended up staying late to make sure I was taken care of. We had a good night and a pretty fast deal ..Italian Nicole was upfront and honest in the Finance dept. which I appreciate and will go back to her for any 'extras' I might need down the road. Ended up in a 2014 Platinum Crewmax Tundra which had just came out and was delivered from plant only a couple days before I got it so Marcos and I were both excited to see it, even Nicole came out to take a look at it. Special thanks to Marcos for pairing the phone with the truck, as I probably still would be without using this cool feature. He also got me the window sticker when the truck went to prep and follow up calls and emails. Marcos is a great guy and Carlsbad was the most friendly dealer I've experienced so far. A+ Will buy from here again I'm sure.

Marcos Thomas

September 17, 2013

Congratulations on your 2014 Tundra! Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave us a review! Marcos and Nicole are fantastic and we are so glad they were able to help! Happy Driving! Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"So professional, so customer-service oriented. I've..."

So professional, so customer-service oriented. I've been in the market for a new car for a while and I took my time making a decision. I solicited numerous internet quotes and Carlsbad was least expensive by a couple hundred dollars. The only issue was, Carlsbad is a bit of a hike from my home. So I went to a number of closer dealerships to see if they would match his quote. Nope, they wouldn't. Although they were happy to waste my time by pretending they were interested in matching the quote and then explaining to me how they were still giving me a great deal even though that made no logical sense because they weren't matching the best (Carlsbad's) deal. Anyway, perhaps more importantly or just as importantly, none of the others came anywhere close to being as professional or customer-service oriented. It was worth every moment of the round-trip from here to Carlsbad to get the car. Jonathan Casselman was the internet sales person with whom I dealt and he is professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. In the week before I went down to Carlsbad, Jonathan was responsive both via email and by phone. He was straightforward with me about what the out-the-door price would be and how the sale would go. I told him I would be at the dealership at a certain time and, when my husband and I arrived, he was walking towards us to greet us (assuming we were us because he knew when we were coming, I guess!). This was so different from my frustrating experience at other dealerships where I would deal with someone on the phone who was nowhere to be found when I actually took the time away from work or family to go to the dealership, even though I had told them I was on my way! Also, Mandy the finance person at Carlsbad was fantastic. She explained all of the paperwork and the monthly payments clearly, and was very low-key about the "extras." She explained the paint and interior protection and all that stuff in a knowledgeable, professional way and did not pressure us when we declined all of it. The whole experience with Carlsbad Toyota left me feeling great about the transaction and my new car. I got a great price for a car I am excited about; they had exactly the color combination I wanted, and I was treated respectfully. A positive, successful experience. I am so glad that I went to Carlsbad Toyota and had the good fortune to have been matched up Jonathan Cassleman.

Jonathan Casselman

September 16, 2013

Congratulations on your new vehicle and thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review! Jonathan and Mandy are some of our best and we are so glad they could make your experience with us a truly exceptional one! All the best! Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"These guys were terrific. Jonathan followed up after my..."

These guys were terrific. Jonathan followed up after my first visit, and was a great communicator. We did 2 Prius test drives at separate times, and he answered all of my questions and concerns. He really knew the car inside and out, and even helped us pair our phones to it after the sale. We noticed an imperfection on the back windshield as we were doing the final walk-around, and the dealership repaired it right away. I highly recommend this dealership and Jonathan.

Jonathan Casselman

August 26, 2013

Hi Elanora - Congratulations on your new Prius! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! Jonathan is wonderful and we are so glad you were able to work with him! Happy driving! Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"No haggle best deal in town. Highly recommended if you..."

No haggle best deal in town. Highly recommended if you want a great deal. I showed up with the email with their internet price and 2 hrs later I was driving out with a fantastic new Toyota. Highly recommended dealership. Best experience buying a car to date.

August 12, 2013

Hi Sambinksey - Thank you for leaving this review; your experience is exactly our goal for each of our guests! We are so excited for your and your new vehicle purchase! Alex is one of our best and we will make sure to pass along your comments to him and the rest of the team! Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795

"Wow! Excellent! Excellent!Wow! Excellent! Excellent! I..."

Wow! Excellent! Excellent!Wow! Excellent! Excellent! I had a great experience purchasing a new Tacamo from Duff Joy at Carlsbad Toyota. He took pride to satisfy his customer. The process only took less than two hours. I was in and out with my dream truck. My previousl buy lasted forever (4 hours) not to mention the financing process. Thank you, Duff for his expectional customer service. Duff is the guy who I would recommend to deal with. Also Lou Maldonado from the finance department was thorough, efficient, and quick. A+ rating!

Duff Joy

August 05, 2013

Hi Trenta51! Congratulations on your new Tacoma! Duff is one of our best and we are so glad he was able to help you with the purchase of your dream truck! Than you for posting this review, your comments have been shared with our sales and management teams! Happy driving! Vanessa Clark Customer Relations Manager Vclark@toyotacarlsbad.com 760-918-3795