I recently went to Barber Honda because my battery had died. First of all, the original battery in the car from the factory was crappy it only lasted 1 and a half years approx. 33,700 miles. Well, at 61,500 miles THAT battery goes dead. Another crappy battery from Honda. The 1st battery was free because the car was still under the manufacturer's warranty of 36,000 miles. However, I had to pay approx. $163 for a battery when it recently needed one. I was absolutely not only furious about the OUTRAGEOUS cost, but also the fact that the 100,000 mile Elite Protection Warranty that I currently am forking over all this extra money each month DID NOT cover the battery! Are you kidding me?
So I attempted to talk to Steven Steele the Service Manager. I want to tell you that this guy is so full of BS that you can't believe a word he says. I did NOT at all care for his tone of voice. He was very RUDE, ARROGANT and was talking to me like I didn't know anything about the cost of items for vehicles.He told me that the battery wasn't covered due to some "wear and tear" BS. He also told me that he would pay for the cost of labor which was a measly $37 and guess what I had to pay FULL price! He was again full of BS just like everything else that comes out of his mouth! The ONLY reason I even own a Honda Accord is because the cars are very durable, comfortable, and get decent gas mileage. With that being said, Barber Honda being ranked 106th on dealerrater.com should pretty much sum up how crappy this dealership in Bakersfield is.
1. Rude salespeople that try to rip you off by not giving you the correct KBB value for your vehicle
2. Finance rip-off artists that con you into those BS warranties that NEVER cover anything because Barber Honda gives you some BS about that not being covered due to "wear and tear" category (Really?)
3. Very rude Service Managers and sometimes rude Service advisors
4. Constantly trying to squeeze every last $ out of you by making up services and repairs that are completely unnecessary and OUTRAGEOUS in cost
5. Unprofessional mechanics that fill out whatever BS they feel like on those stupid Multi-Point Inspection forms even though you know they never even checked half of those items.
6. Also I've heard about situations from customers where the mechanics either due to lack of experience or carelessnes break or damage something on your vehicle and then you get a call from a Service Advisor saying that you need something repaired that you've never heard of and it costing a ton of money! They jusy say whatever because they are CROOKS!!
On a Positive note, I did want to say that Jose, my Service Advisor did a good job of greeting me upon arrival and efficiently getting me in on a busy Monday, even though I didn't have an appt. Also I appreciate the fact that Jose brought up an important Recall Notice on a BMS Sensor that was also taken care of on the same day as a new Battery. Also my vehicle was finished promptly at approx. 1 p.m., so I appreciate the efficiency and sense of urgency! Lastly, the Shuttle Driver Mike is AWESOME! He always is friendly and gets you to and from your destination promptly!
My main complaints are about Steven Steele, the Service Manager and the fact that those Elite Protection Warranties are WORTHLESS! The Finance People give you lines of BS that it will cover something, and we all know that anyone paying extra money for those warranties is just flushing money down the toilet!!