Brown's Chantilly Mazda

Charlie  Yerkes, Product Specialist, Brown's Chantilly Mazda

Charlie Yerkes

Product Specialist

February 12, 2017

"Great Used Car Shopping Experience "

- argusarms

I have been shopping for a car for my son. During this process, I've been to at least 15 car dealers. This dealer has by far been the best to deal with. The salesman was very professional, and not pushy at all. The manager actually took me for a test drive when the salesman was busy the second time I came in. Hopefully I will end up buying a car here.

Peter, Haidar

December 31, 2014

"BEST Car-Buying experience of my life. Awesome."

- Jose_Cora

I purchased a 2015 Mazda6, iTouring, Automatic from Brown’s Chantilly Mazda on 30 December 2014. BOTTOM LINE: This was simply the BEST car buying experience I have ever had in 20 years of buying cars. Brown’s Chantilly Mazda also offered the lowest prices within 100 miles of the National Capital Region based on my research (see details below). More importantly, they were professional and did not try to pressure me into buying something I did not want. They answered all my questions promptly and provided me with the information I asked to be able to make the best choice for me, both for the car selection and its financing. I would recommend Brown’s Chantilly Mazda to my own mother, and will be recommending them to all my friends if they are in the area and looking to buy a Mazda. BACKGROUND: Before walking into Brown’s Chantilly Mazda I researched this mid-size sedan purchase for six months and test drove every mid-size sedan on the market. After considering the different models’ reliability, driving dynamics, gas mileage, looks, and price, I settled on the Mazda6 as the best car in the segment. I then determined the trim level that I wanted, the interior and exterior colors, and the options I wanted. LOWEST PRICE: Based on my research, Brown’s Chantilly Mazda had the lowest prices within a 100 mile radius. I know because I had the top 10 Mazda volume leaders within 100 miles (in VA, MD, DC, and DE) compete for my business, and no other dealer could match Brown’s Chantilly Mazda price quote. I contacted the 10 dealerships via e-mail and gave them 3 days to send in their best price offer on the Mazda6 I wanted. No other dealers could match the offer for the Mazda6 that I received from Matt May (sales manager) at Chantilly Mazda, even after they heard the offer. GREAT CAR-BUYING EXPERIENCE: There was absolutely no high-pressure sales tactics at all. The whole time, Matt May and his team provided the information I needed to make the best car-buying decisions for myself. Financing was the same excellent service. I came in with my own financing, and they offered Mazda’s financing and showed me the numbers as to which financing package would come out better, and how it affected the car price ($500 discount if I used Mazda’s), the total interest I would pay, and the monthly payments. I also inadvertently threw a curveball at Matt when I decided to change the color of the exterior of the car I wanted to buy from blue to red. Matt May explained how much more it would cost (the Soul Red costs $300 more from the factory) and let me make the decision. When I switched to red, he went and found the car I wanted and brought it to Chantilly Mazda, with no fanfare. It really felt that they practiced the old-fashioned culture of “the customer is always right.” Finally there was one last hiccup that could have been disastrous, but that Matt May and Chantilly Mazda handled with class and aplomb. We had agreed to a price at the outset (the price quote plus the extra few hundred when I changed to red exterior), but it appears that Chantilly Mazda made a mistake in preparing the paperwork – I think that they accidentally kept the blue exterior price instead of updating to the red exterior price. But with the additional $500 Mazda financing discount and the added maintenance package, the Out The Door (OTD) price I was focusing on remained about the same so I did not catch it, and neither did they. Myself and the finance rep signed all the paperwork and it went to Matt May for approval. A few minutes later, Matt came into the office and asked the finance rep to pull up the numbers. As he looked at the numbers, he said (apparently talking to himself) “That is not the price we agreed to.” One second later, he seemed to realize I was in the office, turned around and said to me “We made a mistake in the numbers, but it was our mistake and benefits you so we will stand by the price on the paperwork.” At the time I was unsure if there had been a mistake, since the OTD price was about what we had agreed to. But after I got home that night I reviewed the paperwork and it does appear that the price was indeed a few hundred dollars cheaper than what we agreed to, prior to including the financing bonus rebate and the maintenance package I selected. So that price issue could have been a major point of contention and stress, but Matt May and Chantilly Mazda handled the error with class and aplomb. I think I would have seen that Matt May was right if I had time to sit down and re-review all the numbers but that would have taken a lot of time and added a lot of stress, and would likely have left a bad taste in my mouth. But Matt May and Brown’s Chantilly Mazda took a potentially bad situation and turned it into a positive experience. In all, it took about 2 hours from the time I arrived to purchase the car to the time I was driving out, which I thought was pretty good considering they had to bring the car in from some other location, add the license plate and inspections tags, and wash and fuel it. CONCLUSION: Kudos to Matt May and his Brown’s Chantilly Mazda team for the most stress-free car buying experience I have experienced in 20 years. I highly recommend Chantilly Mazda for their great car-buying experience and unbeatably low prices.

Other Employees : DeAhnna

January 09, 2014

"Initially we were leaning towards purchasing a Honda CRV..."

- Jack65

Initially we were leaning towards purchasing a Honda CRV but after extensively researching the CX-5 & viewing Brown's website we visited the dealership on New Years Day to look the CX-5 over in comparison. Upon arriving we signed in to meet with a sales rep and while waiting we looked over a CX-5 inside the showroom. We found the showroom comfortable, well laid out and all the vehicles very accessible. After a short wait Jeff James came up and introduced himself to us and we began discussing the CX-5. It is a pleasure to state for the record that Jeff was a real pleasure and a true professional to work with as was Matt May and the finance manager (sorry forgot his name). Jeff discussed the options and available packages in detail with NO rush & NO pressure. We picked a package and he set up the vehicle for a test drive and off we went, unescorted, which was nice as we could both drive the vehicle and discuss it without feeling pressured. We decided the CX-5 was just what we were looking for and we headed back to begin what typically makes the "buying" part ugly.......negotiating a fair price. I worked in the auto business for many years previously so I was prepared for & expecting the usual "games and shenanigans" that go along with buying a car. Well our experience was just the opposite and by that I mean completely opposite of what we were expecting, NO games, NO pressure, NO hassle, wow I was impressed and I'm usually not. Negotiations went smooth and above all were pleasant & POLITE with Jeff James and Matt May treating us with respect throughout the entire process and with some back & forth discussion, providing us fair & straight-up pricing which we were happy with so we signed the buyers order. The finance manager was also extremely polite and explained everything clearly, without rushing and NO pressure to purchase any additional products that were offered. Additionally I would also like to note that Matt May had an excellent depth of knowledge on Mazda mechanical & engineering features and Jeff James was very easygoing and informative in explaining the navigation technology & vehicle features in conjunction with the drivers manual tutorial he gave us. We left with a confident level of knowledge to utilize the CX-5's features. We visited a few other dealerships throughout the area and the Brown's Chantilly Mazda team was by far the best of the bunch and earned our business by exceeding our expectations. Please know that I have never written a review for anything but felt compelled to write one as the Browns team made buying our new CX-5 a really enjoyable experience, as buying a new ride should be!! In summary, we experienced a refreshing, no pressure and overall very pleasant car buying experience and it is a pleasure for us to confidently & highly recommend Brown's Chantilly Mazda to anyone else looking for the same.

Other Employees : Jeff James