1. I leased Leaf SV from Dirito brothers and returned it to Autocom. The price was 50-70$ more than I found later in Bay Area.
2. I returned my leaf after paying 14K because they wanted to charge me 11K for a car which KBB value is $8800 and sales on craigslist for $9200-$9500.
3. Nissan's residual value formula is not adjusted to customers who want to pay upfront whole amount and sales representative cannot break what portion of the payment goes towards the principal, what is interest and what is tax.
4. The best lease deal so far is in Redwood City or Fremont Leaf S - 92$/mo, Leaf SV - 139$/mo. Even this no-brainer deal is no-brainer since you end-up paying 7K for a car which goes around 80-90 miles on full charge. and after 3 years you don't own anything. For these 3 years you will pay around $3000 insurance and DMV fees for an overpriced car.
5. It looks like it is better to buy Honda Civic for 17K and you'll spare 8K for gas which will allow you to drive 4-5 years without range anxiety and you'll have a car after the 3-rd year.
6. If you have business and can write-off lease fees, if you need to drive in carpool lane alone, if you pay toll fee every day and if you drive 60-70 miles max a day Leaf is a great choice.