Elgin Hyundai

1200 East Chicago St., Elgin, Illinois 60120

715 Reviews of Elgin Hyundai

November 09, 2018

"Knowledgeable and Professional "

- Kevin Sergent

Had the answers to my questions and followed through on every aspect of our deal. Would recommend to anyone looking to buy or lease a car.

Nov 12, 2018 -

Elgin Hyundai responded

We appreciate you for letting others know about your experience! If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know. Take care! Sincerely, Jenni - CSI@BLAUTOGROUP.COM - 847.628.2845

September 17, 2018

"Great Experience"

- Algonquin Buyer

A++ Experience with Dan. He followed through on all that he promised and made my experience buying a new car that much easier. Love my new 2018 Kona!

Sep 18, 2018 -

Elgin Hyundai responded

First and foremost, thank you for stopping by to leave this incredible review. Our staff prides itself on providing efficient and friendly service to every customer that comes to our dealership. I'm happy to see that your visit reflects these values and that Dan assisted you in such a detailed and customized manner. Give us a call if you have any further questions!

September 10, 2018

"Was greeted immediately when walked in to the garage area. "

- Sandra

Online appointment was extremely easy, treated respectfully from the minute I walked in and had a comfortable, short wait for my oil change. Overall very happy!

Jose Reynoso
Sep 11, 2018 -

Elgin Hyundai responded

We are so glad we could take care of all of your needs! Thank you for giving this feedback; we will be sure to share it with the team! Sincerely, Jenni - CSI@BLAUTOGROUP.COM - 847.628.2845

August 20, 2018

"High pressure sales tactics "

- cpassmore335

This dealership tries to sell unwanted options in order to get more money on cars. They were rude and very insulting to the average customer. I would never recommend this dealership.

Mitch Schy
2.0
July 25, 2018

"The best experience I have ever hand purchasing a car!!!"

- TLoth

I have already recommended Elgin Hyundai to several people! The salesman were attentive, everyone was very welcoming and friendly, and our salesman was fantastic!!!!! He cared about helping me make the right decision more than “making a sale.” He took so much time with me and my daughter, son, and daughter-in-law who were with me. He took the time to answer all of our questions and was knowledgeable on every subject. I can’t say enough good things about him. He made the whole experience pleasant. I did not necessarily intend on buying a car that day, but I did and he is a large reason why. I am so impressed by their service, I will go to them for service as well as purchasing any car for our family in the future, even though they were further from my house.

Jeremy Rosa
Other Employees : They were all friendly, everyone I came in contact with, but I don’t know all their names.
Jul 25, 2018 -

Elgin Hyundai responded

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience at Elgin Hyundai and congratulations on your new vehicle! Buying a new car is a huge step and we’re honored that we got to be a part of it. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything! Sincerely, Jenni - CSI@BLAUTOGROUP.COM - 847.628.2845

June 26, 2018

"Fraud & False Advertising, Stay Away!!"

- Atosha-WI

They list the car online at a lower price. When you arrive they try to force you to purchase cleaning and deliver packages, accessory packages, & extended warranties. If you don't purchase any additions they add additional money to the online price!!!! Horrible business. They even took a down payment from me and signed a purchase agreement, then backed out the deal on my way to pick the car up, said they weren't making enough off the care!!! review yelp-reviews this place is horrible! It took weeks to get my money refunded!

Mike Meah
June 03, 2018

"Best Hyundai Dealer Around"

- Rockey11

Elgin Hyundai is a great dealership to work with. Went to Rosen hyundai they would not negotiate a price on suv. Went to Patrick hyundai they were rude and unwilling to help. Salesman unknowligible about vehicles. Had talk to Lou about suv gave a price asked him what I could work with. We got to a agreement. Next day Lou off but Steve was waiting for me. Gave me what I agreed to. And no hassle about pricing. Even financing was a breeze no Nickle or dime you to death. Best experience i ever had. Thank you Elgin Hyundai

Steve Johnson
Lou Mocnik
Jorge Quevedo
Larry Rosencrants
Mike Meah
Jun 05, 2018 -

Elgin Hyundai responded

We love hearing about guests who have a wonderful experience at our dealership and we are happy you are one of them! We understand that buying a car is an important decision and we are honored that you chose Elgin Hyundai. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions on your new purchase. Best, Jenni - CSI@BLAUTOGROUP.COM - 847.628.2845

May 19, 2018

"Issue will be resolved "

- Chefaugie

Going into dealer tomorrow to speak with GM hoping we can resolve my issue! Will update my review then. Dealership was nice and clean! Courteous salesman and nice selection of cars.

May 23, 2018 -

Elgin Hyundai responded

I’m very happy that we were able to change your impression of us. We apologize for the initial negative experience that you had and want to thank you for letting us know about these issues. Glad we could make it up to you! Warm regards, Jenni - CSI@BLAUTOGROUP.COM - 847.628.2845

May 02, 2018

"Fantastic, honest, great experience!"

- LMLINK73

We purchased a 2018 Santa Fe Sport from Dan Struwing this past Saturday. The entire purchase process from start to finish could not have gone more smoothly. Dan was a consummate professional with a personality that brightened our day! Dan answered all of our questions, was patient while we searched for exactly what we wanted & even drove us to an off-site location to look at a specific vehicle. Look no further than Dan if you are looking for a great guy to buy a Hyundai from! My family (extended & otherwise) are die hard Hyundai fans -- this is our 6th purchase from Elgin Hyundai in 13 years. We are pleased not only with the Sales Team but the Repair Team too (Jorge Quevedo is awesome!) Brian Craig, Hyundai Sales Manager, is honest, personable and a great leader. Thanks for keeping us entertained Tom & Jeremy from the Sales Team while we waited for paperwork to be finished. Who could forget Michael in Finance who made us feel like part of the family!

Tom Olsen
Jeremy Rosa
Jorge Quevedo
Brian Craig
Other Employees : Michael, Finance Dpt.
May 14, 2018 -

Elgin Hyundai responded

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your experience with Dan at Elgin Hyundai! Congratulations on your 2018 Santa Fe Sport! We are pleased to hear your experience was smooth from start to finish! We are truly dedicated to providing quality customer service in all areas of our dealership. Thank you for taking the time to notice those efforts and for leaving such an awesome review! Were eager to assist you with every aspect of your automotive inquiries in the future. Thanks again for your loyalty and business. Best regards, Jenni - CSI@BLAUTOGROUP.COM - 847.628.2845

April 12, 2018

"Lied about fixing scratches to make a sale, sleazy pricing"

- DZ

I purchased a Certified 2015 Sonata from the Elgin Hyundai dealership 2 weeks ago. There are 2 reasons for the bad review - both pre-sale and post-sale. 1) Pre-sale: I was only considering certified vehicles, not regular used. I picked the car that I liked in the "Pre-Certified" category of their website, so I went to the dealership knowing specifically what I want to see and its price. When discussing numbers with the sales person (Mitch) and the sales manager (Jim Urso), they tried to charge me almost $2000 for certification (I've seen other reviews mention this too). Again, this car was already listed online as pre-certified so any certification fees were already part of the asking price. There can't possibly be any additional certification costs added by definition - the car is already listed as pre-certified (common sense). But apparently they still try to upcharge people for that. I stood my ground and eventually they gave in and agreed that there won't be extra fees for certification. I wasn't even planning on posting a review (although people really should be aware of this, otherwise you'll get taken advantage of), if not for the post-sale problem. 2) Post-sale: This car had numerous significant scratches, which was a big problem for me. I called before coming over and they said that they checked and the car had no damages at all (lie!) . I was considering several other Hyundai dealerships that had the exact same certified car but without scratches. I clearly expressed my concern and after walking around the car with Jim (Sales Manager) and pointing out all the scratches, he agreed to fix them. I wanted to understand clearly how much of an improvement I can expect so I asked about the method that would be used to fix the scratches. Jim explained that because they can't repaint the whole hood or the whole panel of the car that has scratches, they would have a professional painting company tape up the area around each scratch and spray paint it with matching paint. He said that upon looking closely, I would still be able to tell that a scratch was there before but it would be a significant improvement and the scratches wouldn't be very noticeable at all. I agreed to those terms and had them written into the purchase contract. I bought the car and brought it back when they told me to (several days later) to get the scratches fixed. I left the car there. The following day they called and said that everything was done so I came back to pick up the car. The car was pulled up to the front of the building. It was evening time and that area was not well lit plus it was raining slightly. I walked around the car and it looked like the scratches were fixed, so I drove off. About 10 minutes later I pulled into the first well lit gas station to inspect the car closely and this is when I clearly saw that what they did was used a touch-up pen to fill the scratches with paint - not the painting approach that was discussed and that I agreed to! And even the touch-up job was done poorly, which left a lot of white marks along the scratch which will eventually cause the metal to rust. Overall, it looked horrible. On top of that, there were some new scratches in places where this "work" was done - on the hood and on the rear bumper. The bumper literally looked like it was swiped with something. I immediately called Jim to inform him of that. He asked to give him 20-30 minutes to look into this and call me back. He never called back that night so I left him a voicemail the next day. A whole week went by after that and he still didn't call back! At this point I sent him a detailed e-mail which he responded to with a call very quickly. But during this call he denied that he promised to fix scratches by spray painting them, said that they did their best with the touchup and offered to redo it (that really wouldn't change anything!). I don't believe that they even had a 3rd party company perform this work due to the horrible quality, but regardless, this was not what I agreed to when I was buying the car. I would have never bought it if I knew this would be the outcome - no reason to deal with scratches when there are plenty of other options available of certified cars without any significant damage. I wasted 5 hours dropping the car off and picking it up. The bottom line, it's obvious to me that I was lied to in order to make the sale and once that was done, they felt no need to perform the promised work. So they made a very basic attempt to cover up the scratches just so they can say that they did something. There are a dozen other Hyundai dealerships in the Chicagoland area. If you're considering buying a car, I strongly suggest you go somewhere else! * I would consider improving my review if they come to their senses upon seeing this (and all the other reviews that I am leaving on all the major review sites) and decide to do the right thing by honoring the promised terms... but doesn't look like they even care.

Mitch Schy