So, I got a very nice Ram 1500, and I am very happy with the vehicle. The sales experience was rather a different story. Among the issues I had, include the following:
1. I had done my homework and had printed out the listing for the three identical Ram 1500's they had in stock. The printouts indicated that the vehicle came with a Class IV trailer hitch. In trying to find one of the vehicles we kept looking for trucks of the same description WITH the hitch. Nowhere to be found. Finally my salesman realized that the printout was incorrect. No hitch. Not a huge deal in and of itself, but a bit discouraging.
2. The dealers web site indicated zero percent interest in at least two places, including providing payment estimates based on that. No zero percent interest. This was described as something "that always appears on their web site, but does not exist". A bit more discouraging.
3. Factory rebates are listed. Only to find out that to qualify you must use Chrysler Capital financing - which is about twice the going interest rate. Fortunately I was only going to finance less than half the sell price. Further discouragement.
4. I ended up stuck at the dealership for like 7 hours. The last time I bought a vehicle from a Fiat Chrysler America, I was in and out in less than 2 hours - and with 3% financing. They don't realize how close I came to getting up and walking out. The vehicle fit my needs quite well, and I needed a vehicle on a somewhat urgent basis. My mistake, actually.
5. I was offered an extended warranty (without its being disclosed that this was a third-party warranty program), and was told that I was getting a "veteran's discount". I did not learn that these representations (or lack thereof) were false until I purchased my extended warranty directly with Chrysler, and at a more reasonable price.
6. Finally, both the email requesting I do a review of my sales experience and my sales person - after concluding the sale - requested that I identify any issues I had if I were not going to give them a max rating. I did that, contacting my salesman (phone conversation and texts), the finance manager (phone conversation and texts) and leaving at least 4 messages for the general manager. Crickets. Clearly they were not at all interested in addressing my concerns.
All things considered, a 3 out of 5 stars is actually a pretty generous rating in my opinion. Sadly, I feel a bit like Rodney Dangerfield.......