Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota

471 Reviews of Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota

July 23, 2018

"RAV4 Hybrid"

- RAV4h

Chris was extremely helpful from day one. He explained everything in the car very carefully and answered all questions quite competently. He was patient through several test drives and even offered to loan the car for a couple days. He also coordinated things smoothly on pickup day even though he was quite busy. It was quite a pleasant buying experience.

Lisa Lam
Jul 27, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

Thank you for your review, we hope to continue serving you in the future. Enjoy your new car!

July 10, 2018

"Unable to drive vehicle. No help from dealership. "

- Select11

Called about 10 times, before and after my temp tag expired. I never got an extension on my temp tag, and now I have a car that I “own” but haven’t driven it in over two weeks. A manager told me maybe I can drive with the expired registration, but I would be doing so at my own risk. ..... Terrible advice. I was told at one point I will get a call the following day to have an extension mailed out to me , but I never received the call. I tried calling again a week later, and I was told they will call me back. Now I am still waiting and upset. And unable to drive my car. My father is in the market for a new or used car, and I’ll will be sure NOT to refer FitzWay.

Farooq Ahmed
Pablo Auza
Carlos Cebollero
Kevin Flynn
Phil Formichelli
Other Employees : Mike Dandenhault
Jul 13, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

Hello Select11, my name is Phil Formichelli and I am with the management team at Fitzgerald Auto Malls. I would like to apologize for your experience getting your tags. I would like to look into this further and assist you in resolving this. I cannot seem to find your information through your reviewer username. Would you mind calling me at (301)670-4800 so I can get your information and take care of this for you?

July 02, 2018

"Purchased a 2018 Toyota RAV4 Limited AWD"

- madmax7774

Found Ali Shirazi to be an honest and straight-forward salesman. Dealership was clean, neat, and took care of our needs. they gave us a good price on the car, and made the transaction as smooth as possible. The car is excellent and sells itself. We checked other Toyota dealerships in the area, and their prices were all several thousand higher. I would recommend these guys!

Ali Shirazi
Jul 03, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your experience with us. We are happy to hear that our salesman Ali was able to satisfy your car-buying needs. Enjoy your new car!

March 01, 2018

"Very Happy with my new Highlander"

- Maria Orozco

Chris was excellent, he gave me the best price after competing with several other dealers. Made the whole experience easy. He was friendly, honest, make sure i was happy with what new car. Excellent customer service.

Mar 06, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

Thank you for giving wonderful feedback regarding Chris Collins. We are happy that you are pleased with your vehicle and the purchasing transaction.

February 04, 2018

"Unset standards to used car purchasers"

- USMC1981

I visited this dealer two times. Both times, I was greeted by a professional and friendly salesperson named Julius. I cannot thank Julius enough for his patience and honest service. However, this review is for the upper management. I came across a used vehicle that had about 45k miles. It had scratches, scuffs on the wheels, and minor wear and tear for the miles. I was pretty interested on this vehicle until I inspected the tire tread. It was very hard to believe that they were selling a vehicle with less than 20% tire tread left. The General Manager Phil stated I would have to change the tires in 15,000 miles. To me, this shows what type of commitment and care they have for their customers. They continuously mentioned that their used vehicle is below market price and how the vehicle was able to pass the inspection. Yes, you do what is, "required", but you need to think from the customer's perspective. My suggestion for you General Manager Phil is that you have cars with at least 40/50% tire tread left. These are just bare minimum standards that buyers like myself would expect for our safety.

Phil Formichelli
Feb 05, 2018 -

USMC1981 responded

On 2/5/2018, another General Manager called me regarding review I wrote. I was listening to him saying how they are right and I am wrong and I was very disappointed that I even decided to visit this dealership in the first place. They called to explain how their tires had more than 50% left. However, that was not what Phil (GM) stated previously and I personally observed that the car had about 10% to 15% left on tire tread. I actually have a photos to support my argument. Only thing I could do is just shake my head to their management and never return. I recommend the upper management to take some type of very basic and fundamental training courses associated to customer Service and their expectations. Please understand that you would never have been where you are at without your customers.

Feb 06, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

Mr. Shim, Thank you for giving me 2 minutes to try to address the details in your online review. I wanted to address the used Lexus you have shown interested in and the concerns with the tires needing to be replaced. First I wanted you to know the current Maryland State Inspection requirements require a vehicle to have 2/32 of an inch tread remanding in 3 locations around the tire. We believe that requirement is too low therefore we replace tires during our used car reconditioning if the tire tread is under 5/32, a much higher standard than the state requires. The Lexus you had concerns with during our inspection process had measurements of front tires at 5/32 and rear tires at 2/32. The rear tires were replaced as a result of this inspection. The Michelin tires installed were the Michelin Premier LTX 235/55R20 102V that have 8.5/32 of tread new. Using the measurement of 2/32 is replacement depth, a tire with 5/32 still has 50% of usable tread life remanding. This not only exceeds the Maryland State requirements by more than double but we do not feel these tires at 5/32 require replacement at this time. I was advised our Sales Manager had offered to replace the two front tires at our sales cost but you declined this offer. Thank you for letting me know at the end of our call that your review is from the customer perception and not actually factual. It was clear to me that the facts were not important to you. We stand by our current processes and standards that delivery a higher quality used car at the most consumer friendly price possible. I wish you the very best in your used car buying search. Gil Briggs Fitzgerald Auto Malls

Feb 06, 2018 -

USMC1981 responded

Mr. Gil Briggs, Thanks for giving me a call yesterday. I was in middle of work and I do apologize that I was not able to speak with you for any longer than 2 minutes. Regarding those tires, I perfectly do understand that what you have done are minimum standards regulated by the state of Maryland. However, what I observed was around 15% left on tires tread. Even your sales manger Mr. Phil Formichelli did indicate that it had around 15k miles left on tires. Do you honestly believe that 50% of tire tread could only last about 15k? I feel that there might have been misunderstanding there between two managers. To entertain, if you have documents to support current condition of the tire tread, please do let me know. However, as we know, the vehicle was in the market for close to 2 months, accumulating about 100 more miles than what is advertised to sale. I just hope that you don't attempt to share inspection report that was done months ago when you thought the tread was at 50%. I also do believe that it is pretty unethical that what you advertised for sale is about 100 miles less than actual mileage. Was it also to attract the customers? Also, I just did not understand why the rear tires were changed, but not the front ones. Was it also to lower the price and obtain more attraction from the customers? In my view, I have observed multiple things that conflicts with your dealership's visions in attempting to achieve, "acts as a guideline for the way we treat our customers" and "part of our unique way of doing business that has helped differentiate us from other auto dealers". This is from your dealer's website. I clearly did not see that within this dealership and I only saw that you are acting on only what is required, at bare minimum standards. Mr. Gil Briggs, I would like to respectfully recommend one last thing. I know it might have been quiet long time since you took any basic/fundamental customer service courses. However, when you contact the customer during middle of day with an item you would like to discuss, I would recommend you to ask them if, 'now is the best time speak'. This would show what type of respect you have for your customers and their safeness in case they are on the road. I have tried best to listen to your words while working, but 2 minutes were the longest I could speak with you at that time. Also, you mentioned that within my review I indicated that I wanted be contacted by Mr. Phil Formichelli. However, that was not true. Only purpose I wrote that review was for other customers to see that your vision statement differs with I have personally observed. Respectfully, Shim

January 20, 2018

"Great Car Shopping Experience"

- alanvicki

We drove through many car dealerships looking for a newer used SUV. We had researched many types of Crossovers and SUVs online. We noticed several makes at FITZ TOYOTA. We decided to go in and discuss 3 including RAV 4, HIGHLANDER and Jeep. We were greeted by a friendly and professional salesman-- Chris Collins. He was amazing with assisting us through our whole vehicle buying process. He was patient when we wanted to test several vehicles. He even went out of his way to go to pick up a vehicle 20 miles away from another Fitz car dealership and brought back to Fitz Toyota so we could test drive the vehicle. Chris is a team player--At one point Chris was not available so he made the effort to have another salesperson-Chuck available to take us out on a the test drive for this vehicle. Chris is a 'leader'---he had 2 wonderful trainees under him. They were helping us out with the process. All the sales man that assisted us were Polite, Professional , Friendly and Helpful! In the end, after 3 visits-we decided to go with the vehicle that Chris went 'out of his way' to pick up for us. We want to sincerely Thank Chris and the Fitz Toyota team for all their patience, support and guidance as well as their friendliness and professionalism- making our vehicle buying process a positive one.

Chuck Thomas
Nancy Wilkes
Jan 22, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

Your comments were forwarded directly to our General Sales Manager. Thank you for providing wonderful feedback on our associates that were trained to provide "The Fitz Way".

January 15, 2018

"Highlander purchase"

- DLC

Bought this car as a Christmas present for my wife. Very happy with the no haggle price and they found exactly the car I wanted. Chris was very helpful and also included a big bow.

Jan 19, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your car buying experience at Fitzgerald and hope your wife loved the present! Thank you for your kind review of your experience with Chris.

January 13, 2018

"finance dept nonsense"

- Jennie B

Loved our salesman, Mr Habib. He helped my niece in the purchase of her first car. He even helped her get the best deal on the car ins. When we moved on the the finance dept, everything changed. The finance person was in a hurry to get out and ended up making mistakes. Two days later, my niece starts getting calls saying that we owe them $1500 more even tho' our bill of sale said,"you owe nothing". The calls continued to her and then to me. I then get and email that asks for the exp day for my credit card. I forward it and two days later, Kevin texts me to say that they haven't been able to run the downpmt because I didn't give them the exp. Every time we spoke, they made it appear as though I was the one who had made mistakes

Nancy Wilkes
Kevin Flynn
Other Employees : Hanna Habib was wonderful, 5 stars
Jan 15, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

Hi, Jennie. Thank you for your feedback. We would like to discuss your experience in further detail. Please contact our General Manager, Eric Washington, at 301-670-4800. We look forward to hearing from you.

December 30, 2017

"4-Runner purchase"

- 4–runner buyer

I felt very well treated. Oscar was very friendly and honest. I am very happy with my purchase. My overall experience with my purchase was excellent !!

Oscar Garcia
Other Employees : Lisa From financing.
Jan 08, 2018 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

We are happy you enjoyed working with Oscar. We sincerely thank you for your business and hope to continue serving you for many years to come!

December 27, 2017

"Two for two!!"

- mt

This was our second purchase from the dealership and I'm glad to see they still stick with their "best price no hassle" philosophy. Govind was incredibly patient while I was swinging between different dealers for different options and provided excellent in depth information on the vehicles I inquired on. Compared to other dealerships, I found our appointments to be mucher calmer and informative. He understood my needs properly and there were no offputting upsells I encountered in other places. I did find a better price elsewhere but with a quick "no hassle" price match, it was a no brainer, they totally had my business. 5/5, would do it again.

Govinda Ban
Dec 27, 2017 -

Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota responded

We are happy to hear of your positive experience with our location once again. Exceptional deals and positive customer service come standard with the dealership. Thanks again for the great review!