Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

1045 East Chicago Street, Elgin, Illinois 60120

Joe  Lascio, Used Car Manager, Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

Joe Lascio

Used Car Manager
Israel Gonzalez, Sales Consultant, Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

Israel Gonzalez

Tony Nykolajcuyk, Salesperson, Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

Tony Nykolajcuyk

Salesperson
Mark Stillwater, Sales Consultant, Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

Mark Stillwater

October 12, 2017

"Wildhog24"

- wildhog24

Israel was so helpful! This guy is sharp! I asked questions on certain vehicles he gave me the best service ever! He was so welcoming, i was looking around for a car for my day's off when i want too ride with the guy's. He introuduced me too this monster! The Ford-F150 all black , and black interior it was a beaut!!! Purchased the same day! Whenever i come back i hope israel is still around!

Israel Gonzalez

September 14, 2017

"DON'T TAKE YOUR CAR OR TRUCK HERE FOR SERVICE!"

- BHUD

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TAKING YOUR VEHICLE HERE TO GET SERVICED! I was going out of town for 5 days & made a appointment w/ Ron Hopkins Service Department to drop off my truck & have a few things looked at & repaired (that where still covered under warranty) while I was out of town. Of course the day I told them I would need my truck back was the day I received a call from Scott saying they still needed a few more days because they had to order a few parts. The problems that were occurring was that my power sunroof was not opening when I hit the open button & the sub-woofer in the back of the truck would just randomly thump when the truck was off & no key in the ignition. They provided me w/ a loaner car for the extra week that they needed my truck to finish the repairs which I appreciate. What I'm upset about is the day they called me to tell me my truck was all finished & everything was working, I go to pick it up & the radio sounds like garbage (no audio coming from the front door speakers or the front tweeters in the dash) and the thumping sound from the sub was still occurring. Also, the sunroof issue was fixed but the tech that was working on it didn't attach the rubber accordion pieces on each side of the inside of the sunroof that covers the hardware from the track. I gave my truck back to them to finish fixing & the next day I get a call from Scott again saying the "Audio Module that they installed was bad out of the box & they needed to order a new one". Plus he tells me that the tech that was working on the sunroof tightened a bolt to tight & broke the sunroof track & that would have to be ordered again as well & replaced. Last Friday after they had my truck for almost another week I get a call from Heidi (The Service Manager) saying my truck is all done & ready to get picked up. I picked up my truck that evening after their service department was already closed for the day & took my truck home. On my way home I open my sunroof & the wind is poring in & sounds like I have my head in in a jet engine. They never installed the wind deflector that comes up in the front of a sunroof when you open it. I get home & park my truck in my driveway, turned it off & went inside for a few minutes. I come back out & hear a thump again. At this point I am FURIOUS & call the dealership to talk to one of the owners. At the time none of them were there so I left Jay Hopkins a voicemail & he returned my call the next day. He told me himself that "he's very sorry for the inconvenience & will PERSONALLY make sure the truck is 100% fixed before I get it back". What a Bull Sh#!er! I get a phone call yesterday from Heidi after dropping my truck off the day before saying the tech that installed the Audio Module never re-calibrated the audio & that's why I was getting the thumping sound. When I picked up my truck that same day I spoke w/ Heidi & she told me herself that her & Jay personally made sure it wasn't thumping anymore before they called me to pick my truck up. I get home straight from the dealership, turn off my truck & go inside to grab my daughters car seat to put back in the truck. While I'm outside installing the car seat what do I hear? I hear a thump, thump coming from the sub-woofer again that they supposedly fixed & "personally looked at before calling me". Yeah right! These guys are a joke & I will never bring my truck there again for anything, not even a oil change. The service techs obviously don't know what they are doing & don't know how to troubleshoot something to get it fixed the first time. The owner Jay Hopkins is a liar & can care less about any of their customers as long as he's making his pockets deeper & for the sweet talkers that kept bull s#!ing me saying that everything was fixed, you guys are a joke too! BEWARE of this dealership if you decide to buy from them or just get your vehicle serviced, they're a bunch jokers that have no idea what they are doing!

Jay Hopkins
Other Employees : Heidi (Service Manager)

September 04, 2017

"customer service"

- up north

We recently purchased another vehicle from Hopkins Ford. This is probably our 12th year patronizing this dealership. We cannot say enough about Joe Lazzio. He always goes out of his way to make you feel like you are part of the Hopkins "family". Our salesman was Ken Witz, who also did a terrific job getting us set up with the payment we had hoped for. Everything about this dealership is worth a return visit.

Ken Witz