My experience with Jim Juliani Motors was extremely stressful and time consuming. From the start of the transaction I felt talked down to and Bullied.
1) They charge a paperwork fee of $595. It is the highest I've ever seen, but I live in MA and not CT. I asked them for some relief as I would not get the services that an in state resident would get. Not only did they refuse, but he continued to play dumb. He showed me a dry erase board with the figure of $595 written in in dry erase marker. See this proves we can't change the price. All double talk and games. Okay so I swallow the fee after the sales Manager Milton repeats several times that I'm going to get a free safety inspection and anything wrong would be corrected at no expense to me.
2) So 3 days later we show up pick up the car. The dealership is 75 miles form my home. Both my wife and I drove to pick the car up. When we first saw the car we noticed that the passenger headlight was full of water. I let them know right away that in MA that would not pass inspection. Milton told me I was wrong and they pass lights like that all the time. He was of course wrong. So we argued for a bit until his staff started to surround us and making comments like "we find that people that are a problem now , will be a problem later." I then asked them to reach out to a MA inspection station to get the truth. We then filled a complaint with the Better business Bureau, as we felt there tactics were deceptive. They next day the called me.
3) This is when we were told that if they had to replace the light that they were going to void the sale with me and relist the car at a higher price to re-coupe the cost. I guess that safety inspection was just another lie from Milton. I asked him several times why he would not honor his sales pitch and every time he deflected. He said it was a bad business decision to sell the car and lose money. he said your a banker you understand right? I did not. I was mortified that I was either losing this car or paying $1400 for this progressive scan headlight. After some debate I paid $400 for a used light or they were going to void the sale with me.
4) They gave me a replacement car while my car is being fixed. The first night I drove it home the Windshield wiper stopped working. Motor disconnected. Next day I drove the car is was giving me an overheat message. So they traded one unsafe vehicle for another. I had to take my own time to fix the borrowed car so I could drive it back to CT to get the car I've already paid for.
5) I finally get my car. Yeah. Get about 700 miles on the car when the rear driver tire blows out the belt on the inside. when we brought it to be fixed we were told that the car was not aligned and that the tires were riding on the inside track which cased the wire blowout. They told us that we would not only need a new tire, but all 4 tires would need to be replaced as the damage was already done and all the tires would eventually do the same thing. in addition the car still needs the alignment I was promised by Jim Juliani motors and never got. They of course deny not setting the alignment. Lucky for me I have prove and they only have there word, which so far has proved to mean nothing.
I'm now concerned that this is the second such issue of safety that has come up and Jim Juliani is getting away with putting unsafe cars on the road. We were lied to, we were intimidated when we demanded they fix the car. We were given not one, but 2 unsafe vehicles all form Jim Juliani Motors.
Ask your self this question? What if your family is in a Jim Juliani car that has my issue. The tire blows causing a major accident and possible injury to your family. is it worth saving a few bucks. Not for me, but that's how Jim Juliani and his crew operate so beware.