I own a 1995 Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited. I have done my best to maintain my vehicle. October 1, 2003, my daughter took my Jeep to Lansing, Michigan. My Jeep broke down. It was taken to Kelly Automotive Group in Mason, Michigan. Total bill was $1700. I was told that the transfer housing case may be damaged but they won’t know until they put it together and if they could not get it together, then I would have to replace it. I was never told me after that if it was damaged or not. So I was under the assumption that it was fine. I noticed that on the invoice the following was typed: INSTALLED FRONT CARRIER AND RING AND PINION BEARINGS, BEARING RACE MAY NOT BE IN STRAIGHT AND COULD CAUSE FURTHER DAMAGE.
I arrive on April 26, 2004 to pick up my Jeep to find out a number of things:
1. They could not find my car and asked me if I had it.
2. I found the car and it was filthy, did not look like it was looked at, the two back tires were flat and I noticed the back gate window and two passenger windows had been replaced.
3. My car had been broken into on Feb. 9, 2004, three windows broken; my stereo was stolen, an amplifier and 12 inch speakers in a box and cd’s all stolen.
4. I was never notified.
5. The car was full of broken glass.
6. The Car would NOT start, had to be boosted.
7. New Service Manager, was mean, rude, and unprofessional. That person refused to do anything let alone talk about my stolen stereo.
8. They did not have a police report or any information as to when the break in happened.
I get 34 miles down on 696W and the car breaks down again, same thing. I call back to Kelly and they have a wrecker come pick it up.
Upon picking it up again, I got 31 miles and low and behold, the Jeep breaks down again. Yes it is the same thing. During the time it was at Kelly Automotive, they fixed it and it broke I believe a total of 5 or 6 times. They went through 3 differentials, 5 axles and told me that all this was caused because I put the wrong size tires on the Jeep.
I called daily regarding my vehicle, because I was desperate. I have a pregnant daughter here with a hernia, a son with asthma and two little grandchildren. I am finally told that I can get my car on July 23, 2004. I had offered to trade the stereo for the cost of the new tires. That person was not going let me get my car without paying for the tires. I never asked or approved the tires but I was told that if they put my tires back on that it would happen again. I felt I had no choice but to make some sort of offer, after all I did not have the money and my family needed a vehicle and after all I was told it was my entire fault.
My fault being:
1. I did not have the fluid in my axle change after each 20,000 miles.
2. I had the wrong tires on my car.
I take my car and make it home. But guess what? It sounds like a DC10. So to put the straw on the back of the camel, I pull into my driveway today my back window pops loose and I had to grab it to keep it from falling to the ground and shattering. I take my car to a reputable glass repair service and informed that the window (which was put in by Kelly Automotive) was not put in correctly. I feel like I was taken advantage. They had my car a total of 10 months.